April 16, 2014 | 1891 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park at Midnight

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very impressed with this color. It is a rich grape/plum purple. I love that from a glance it looks like your typical vampy almost black polish but when you take a second look you can easily see that it's purple. It's just the right amount of purple just to brighten it up a bit. It applied well as most OPI polish's do and dried pretty quickly (with my Essie "Good to Go" top coat of course :D). Love it! I know I will reach for it often.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by UrbanShocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It is a very pretty colour, but the formula is very streaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by dianerroper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LPAM is a gorgeous, blackened purple/dark eggplant colour with a beautiful shimmer that adds a sophisticated, complex depth. In dim light it can be mistaken for black, but in regular light you can tell it is dark eggplant. I always get compliments when I wear this polish - it is THAT stunning. I would recommend this colour over Lincoln Park After Dark if you want something dark and vampy that doesn't look black. A coworker of mine wore LPAD recently and even up close, to me, it looked black. I have about 60 bottles of nail polish, about 40 of which are OPI and I have to say that LPAM and Ski Teal We Drop are my two all time favourite vampy polishes. The formula is outstanding, it goes on as smooth as silk and the pro wide brush makes is so easy to give yourself a professional looking mani.

I gave it a '5' for price b/c I purchased it at Secret Nail and Beauty Supply in Vancouver, Canada. They charge a $10 annual membership, but sell OPI for $5.50 (CDN) and China Glaze is $3.19 (CDN)! Definitely worth it if you are addicted to nail polish like me! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by simasushil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite color of all time. This is the first review I've written here and this polish is the reason. Perfect dark eggplant color with the most incredible eggplant shimmer. It's just so elegant. I just can't believe I found a color I love this much. So happy and I hope they make it forever. Try this color, you will not be sorry. I don't have have the "after dark" version, I always thought it would be too black for me. This one is perfect. My holy grail and signature color. Thanks OPI!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I love this color! It's a beautiful eggplant purple. I took away a lippy because it's a bit streaky with one coat, and it takes foreverrrr to dry and harden. I know that most polishes require 2 coats for full coverage, but I applied a relatively thin coat and still got full coverage (minus a few streaky spots). Applying 2 coats just to cover the streaky spots wouldn't be worth the time it takes to dry. This is my first bottle of OPI, and I'm sure it won't be my last! I'm not crazy about the texture of the polish, but OPI's colors are very much my style.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by bkelly32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite nail polish ever! I've gone through at least 3 bottles since I started wearing it a few years ago, and it's never been hard to find. It's a beautiful dark purple, and the shimmer makes it very interesting to look at; it isn't flat or boring at all. It may seem intimidating, as it can look nearly black at first glance, but I get compliments whenever I wear this. It doesn't look too harsh or "goth" on my extremely fair skin. I never tried LPAD, so I can't compare the two, but prefer colors with more shimmer/dimension--this was perfect. As an added bonus, I live in Lincoln Park; as if I needed a reason to love this polish even more. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by catcizmas

I have light skin with yellow undertones and this is the perfect shade for me, fingers and toes alike. It's bold and dark but still elegant and feminine - not too harsh as a black would be. The eggplant shimmer is subtle but absolutely gorgeous when it catches the light. I would recommend this shade to anyone looking for a bold fall OR summer polish. Opaque in two coats and dries relatively quickly to a gorgeous professional finish. On my third bottle and counting!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I really like this dark purple polish. I have had it for a couple years and I like it and wear it most when I am gearing up for fall. I get excited for fall shades and clothes and this is my favorite for that time of the year. I keep my nails pretty short and I think it looks better that way with a color like this. I am glad to have this around when I want to use it, but I am such a fan of bright or just really original looking nail polish, so I really only wear this every once in awhile. I recently purchase Lippman Across the Universe which is a gorgeous sparkly green/blue and needs a base. I think this is one color that looks good underneath to give it depth, so I used it recently for that. I do really like this polish, but not until fall rolls around again will I be in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

Love this color for my toes. It is a shimmery purple color that is well described in the reviews below. It looks good on my toes which are much fairer than the rest of my body. Love the application! So much smoother and longer lasting than other brands. (I am a C 40 for reference). I can't use it on my hands because my knuckles have darkened patches of skin that make them look darker than they really are.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by bunEbaybee

This is such a pretty color for fall/winter. I purchased this after buying the OPI Linkin Park After Dark which is a very very dark purple that look almost black. This one you can see the purple better and looks better on my skintone. I get so many compliments when I wear this and I have very fair skin. The shine of the purple is beautiful in this dark polish. I would highly recommend this color. You won't be disappointed!