April 23, 2014 | 1973 users online

Hair - Hard Candy - Glitter Hair Spray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2004 6:53:00 PM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had this a few years ago. I only got to use it once...as the nozzle got clogged. What a waste of $12.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by AndryaAndroid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore the way this made my hair sparkle. The glitter is very fine -- unlike those cheapo glitter hairsprays the drugstore stocks -- and sprays on evenly. Very gorgeous, but not to the point of looking tacky. It stayed in my hair all day and looked fabulous. It didn't make my hair stiff at all; it stayed soft all day. I got lots of compliments. HOWEVER, I don't know if I just got a bad batch, or if the packaging is cheaply manufactured... I used it one time, wiped the excess from the nozzle after spraying, and capped it tightly. I went to use it again a few days later, and it wouldn't spray. The sprayer was clogged, apparently. I gently shook the can...nothing. I ran it under hot water, poked a pin through the hole...still wouldn't spray. I completely removed the spray nozzle and soaked it in hot water, and scraped it again with a pin afterward to assure it wouldn't still be clogged. I tried EVERYTHING I could think of, but never got it to spray again. It's still sitting in my bathroom cupboard, because I don't want to believe I'll never again be able to use this practically full product. Ten bucks for a one-time-use deal doesn't exactly make my day. I've thought about ordering another can, but I won't do so after being so disappointed. Other than the fact that it only worked one time, it's fabulous stuff, and I wish I could bring myself to order more, but I'm fearful of another ten dollars going down the drain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2003 2:11:00 PM More reviews by casia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The glitter part is great, I had it in gold. The particles are very fine so you don't look too Cyndi Lauperish if you don't want to (though you could achieve it w/ more)--gives a pretty amount of shimmer w/ only a little. Problem is, the can gets gunky immediately, the spray doesn't come out easily or evenly after awhile. That makes the product inconvenient and expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2002 2:21:00 AM More reviews by aeon698

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had clients come in and return this again and again, even with the repackaging. It's a great look, but they need to get the packaging right. Great colors though -- gold, silver, and pink. Gold and silver come out the best. Bourjois and Sephora's is much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2002 7:44:00 PM More reviews by fashionkitty

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The silver glitter is the best color. They look really cool and sparkly in your hair, but not overdone. But the spray nozzle sometimes clogs or breaks. I found that you have to make sure you buy it from a nice store that will agree to exchange it when it gets messed up, otherwise you'll be out fifteen bucks. But it's worth it to find a good spraying one, because the effect is so cute.