August 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Red Velvet Cake 3-in-1

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by WallStreetBeautyBeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you're like me, your New Year's resolution probably involved something about finally 'getting in shape.' A major part of this is, of course, cutting back on many of the delicious goodies that added inches to your waistline in the first place. If you're still mourning the loss of your favorite sweet treats, wipe off your tears and hop into the shower! Philosophy has recently released a whole plethora of yummy three-in-one shampoo / shower gel / bubble bath products. So, even if you can't eat a slice of red velvet cake at least you can smell like one! Nom, nom, nom ... These products are absolutely fab! Can you tell I'm a big fan? The delicious concoctions lather like a dream, moisturize well and smell divine - DIVINE! The only downside is that the scent doesn't linger long on your skin after you get out of the shower. If you'd like to smell like a bakery all day (which I do) just work the gel into your hair, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse. Your locks will smell like sugar and spice and everything nice all day long!

Read more at http://wallstreetbeautybeat.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by MsSexyDivine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells exactly like red velvet cake, chocolate & just plain yummy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by missishii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE PHILOSOPHY PRODUCTS!
And red velvet cake is one of my favorite scent! To me, it smells very.. chocolaty. And granted, the scent does go away once you rinse off. But it's pretty awesome to smell cakes while you're showering!
And I do use this to wash my hair.. It does a great job at cleaning my hair. It's just so practical to use a 3 in 1 like this when I'm in a rush in the morning.
And I don't know if this product can completely replace shampoo+conditioner because I have pretty healthy, smooth hair so I actually love not using conditioner- this gives me more volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by VivaSue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells really good. However, nothing like read velvet. It smells like chocolate cherry. However, it lather really nicely and makes my bathroom smell lovely!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by DodgerDasher

This smells like black forest cake to me not red velvet. Chocolate cherry. Disappointing, cuz rvc is a family tradition and having that scent in a body wash would be killer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my introduction to Philosophy 3-in-1s and I don't understand the attraction. I got it for Christmas as part of a set of 6 small Philosophy shower gels. I love shower gels but always considered Philosophy to be overpriced and too cutesy by half. But I tried this four times and I don't like it.

It doesn't smell like red velvet cake. I don't know what it smells like, but it reminds me of a little girl scent. I need a LOT of gel to get any scent at all or any decent lather and when I do, it's not very effective at cleansing. I can't imagine ever using this to try to wash my hair.

I'd give it only 1 lippie if not for the fact that it does do one thing Philosophy claims: the fragrance leaves my skin quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

SInce I love baked goods and I love yummy smelling bath products, I've wanted this 3-in-1 forever. It's expensive (for body wash!) at $16 dollars. However, it's a fun product and a nice way to treat yourself. The smell is almost perfect. It smells so much like red velvet cake. My only complaint is, as everyone else mentioned, that there is a cherry note in this. Red velvet cake does not have cherries in it. However, cherries and all, this stuff still smells amazing. It lathers well and smells great. It's not great as a bubble bath or shampoo though, but I only bought it for shower gel. I'd recommend! I'd buy again too...it's lovely!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Isis824

If you read my review for Creme Brulee 3 In 1,it sums up how I feel about this product quality wise. Scent wise it smells like cherries and chocolate. I don't get the cherry notes, Red Velvet cake does not have cherries in it unless maybe one would want to use it as a garnish.The scent is nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ValerFree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! The smell is so good, and the lather is very rich. It will make your skin feel very soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by mandy117

I love the Philosophy products: I think all of their scents are true-to-name. I received this as a Christmas present (ok, I picked it out), and I love the scent! It is delicious! I only ever use it as a shower gel, because to use it on my hair makes my hair feel dry, but it is so much fun!