July 25, 2014 | 1708 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kate Somerville - Exfolikate

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Hayleeland

This was overpriced and smelled bad. It left My face feeling real tight and my face started flaking even more after I used this. I have Dry skin I live in phoenix so no moisture in the air what so ever. I tried Derma MD At home microderm and its amazing it really is like an at home microdermabrasion it has the finest crystals and leaves my skin so soft (with no flaking afterwards) I use this twice a week and ive noticed a huge difference in my face would recommend to anyone with dry skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a total splurge for one's skin, but worth every penny. Apply to damp skin, rub for about 20 seconds and let sit for 2 minutes. Rinses easily. Skin is left super smooth. I love the scent, cinnamon and clove. You only need a pea sized amount, so the full size will last 1 year if you use it 1-2 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by c4ward

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product and try to leave it on the full two minutes. The smell is out of this world, and it leaves my skin so soft- ready to absorb other products. It's green, so you can see exactly where you put it on and exactly where to wash it off. Initially, a friend gave me the trial size as a gift. After using it a few times, I purchased the full size. It is an absolutely important part of my skincare.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good scrub, nothing too exciting but definitely useful. Unfortunately, the smell is just so noxious to me! I can barely stand to put the stuff on my face, as it's an overpowering cinnamon/clove odor that doesn't dissipate at all. If you've ever had a cocktail with Fireball cinnamon whiskey, that's exactly what this stuff smells like. Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Big Overpriced Overhyped MEH. In my opinion this product is horrible, left my face all dried out and red.
Products I would recommend over this one are Origins Modern Friction, Ren Glycol Lactic Mask, and/or the whole family of MUAC peels. If I'm going to spend this kind of money in the future it's going to be on something that actually delivers impressive results. I guess I'm always chasing after that "dewy glow". The other products I mentioned give me that. This one just irritated my skin.
Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by chloecharlton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. It's expensive but you use the smallest amount and it lasts a long time. The smell is nice..cinnamony. My skin looks and feels significantly smoother. My makeup goes on much nicer and its just amazing. Get a sample and you will be converted!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this once a week with my clarisonic for about six months with no noticeable skin improvement. I didn't see any skin flaking off, although I did think it helped a little with the absorption of the other products I was using at the time. I am a believer in cell turnover for overall skin health, however this product was ineffective in promoting that turnover for me.

At first application it stung my face but you eventually get accustomed to the feeling. Not a particularly nice smelling product, but not repulsive either. There are better products out there for cheaper. See your dermatologist for more effective products for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by missashleyosu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

absolutely my favorite exfoliant. definitely worth the money for the outcome.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by PinkDogwoods

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have had several of the small tubes of this and always it smelled of dill. Recently I got another and I braced myself for the smell but immediately realized something was different. I smelled the cinnamon and thought so this is what people mean by it smells good. This one was less harsh on my skin also. So, I'm wondering if I've always gotten rancid product. Can't do anything about it now but would like to know. Even so, this is one of my favorite products because I get immediate results, my dry patches wipe right off. I use it more often than is recommended because my skin is extraordinarily dry. Will at some point try the Dr Dennis Gross products but for now I can recommend this product-if it smells like cinnamon. And the price? well I feel that most of the time you get what you pay for. The packaging is fine I've never had one dry out on me and you can remove the cap and sqeeze it as it gets to the end and you can always cut open the tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This is such a major let down I'm so disappointed. I've been hearing people rave about this product for years and I finally broke down. I'm a veteran when it comes to tingling burning sensations from peels,washes,and enzymatic peels such as this one. I have lots of whitehead breakouts on my cheeks and one side of my neck and they're so annoying nothing makes them go away not even extractions can get them out sometimes I've been doing the 10% glycolic wash by dermadoctor and that gives a good tingle and I quit that and started doing the doctor denis gross one step acne eliminating pads and that burns as well but highly recommend those!! I recently ran out of those and I decided to give this a try I've always heard this gives a good tingle and it burns and it can also leave the skin very raw and irritated so I being a tingle burning sensation addict I gave it a try! I'm laughing at all the women who said this burned because this did absolutely nothing for me oh and I did try the intense version too! I followed the instructions and did what the package said and nothing I even left it on for an HOUR!!!! Then on top of that I said well I'm gonna try it again back to back and well this time I exfoliated longer and left it on again for another hour same thing nothing!! By then I gave up I know the enzymes had to at least do something and I thought I must be tolerant to this product and as an esthetician I know better but you know everyone's skin is different I'll give it another shot next week and update but I didn't really notice anything from this product and that a shame because I love Kate's products!