February 28, 2015 | 1462 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kate Somerville - Exfolikate

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2015 7:26:00 AM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this product. Does what it says...takes off the dull dry skin winter can bring. I have used it year around for about 2 years and will continue to. the packaging has changed to a tube and I like it a lot better than the previous jar type.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2015 7:38:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I got a deluxe sample from Sephora and decided to use prior to my bday weekend celebration. Well I used it for three days and noticed minimal difference. My skin is dry because the harsh winter so I get a few dry patches. It cleaned the patches up but that was it. I didn't feel any fresh glow or radiance, blah, blah, blah. Add insult to injury, it seemed to irritate a few blemishes I had on my face. So while it took away my flakes, it made my acne more pronounced, so I wont buy this again. On a stranger note, it looks like duck poop you see in ponds and lakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 1:00:00 AM More reviews by creamsodasundae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my, like all of the other reviewers, Exfolikate is definitely not easy on the wallet. Good thing, a little goes a long way.

I did not want to like this product, but I got it as a beauty insider reward at Sephora, when the sales associate told me it was her favourite exfoliator (and unfortunately, I didn't know how expensive it was when I tried it).

The smell of this product is quite medicinal, but I do not mind it - sort of like cloves or cinnamon. It tingles my skin when I put it on, but not to the point where it burns. I could see how it might be intense for people with sensitive skin.

This product gets rid of all my flakey dry skin, and makes my skin feel SO soft and smooth after. I have never had a product make my skin feel this good. It feels like all the gunk on my skin is clarified. I also feel like it reduces blemishes too, even though I did not expect that to happen.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2015 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kristinmarie11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product does do what it claims. Its a dark green scrub that smells herby (think rosemary, lavender, etc). I was using this product for a few months before I became sensitive to it. At first, I loved the way my skin felt after using this- smooth, supple and nicely exfoliated. It's not too abrasive. After awhile, it started to burn my face within 5 seconds of contact. I suspect its because I started using a stronger AHA toner in my routine, but I had to stop using this. I think this is a good product if you do not have any skin sensitivities. I do not have sensitive skin, but I can't use this while I'm using other products that have AHA.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 5:56:00 AM More reviews by redgum8888

Agreed, this is very expensive for just an exfoliator, but worth the price. I only use this once a week or even a fortnight given how strong it is. I prefer to slather this on dry skin first, then add a few drops of water afterwards to massage it in. The little beads or bits inside the cream can be abrasive, so not suitable for sensitive skin. My skin always feels clean and looks clearer afterwards. I follow with a sheet mask to soothe and moisturise. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 12:15:00 AM More reviews by elainakay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS..... I have not tried this yet, but I notice that everyone keeps writing that they could not stand to leave it on for 2 minutes... or that they are leaving it on for 2 minutes, or in some cases even longer. The instructions say to leave it on for 20 to 30 SECONDS. The '2 minute' time confusion lies in the fact that it says on the front of bottle 'Hollywood's 2 minute facial'.... which would be the total process time including cleansing, application and rinse... not the time you are to leave it on the skin. Read the instructions girls, or you could possibly damage your skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Mother of GOD. It's liquid fire in a tube.

For reference, I'm 41 years old with very dry, sensitive, medium-fair skin that burns in about 10 minutes in sunlight with anything less than 50 SPF. I have one wrinkle, on my forehead, but that's it. My main skin battles are dryness, dryness, dryness, uneven texture due to dryness, and also dryness. Plus some dryness. My daily skin regimen consists of cleansing with DHC oil, daytime moisturizing with Cetaphil cream. Night time regimen is Estee Lauder ANR followed by moisturizing with Clinique Repairwear Intensive Night Cream Very Dry Skin Formula.

I tried this once. ONCE. I put a nickel sized amount (the size of the sample packet....one use sample packet) in my hand, rubbed it around and then spread a thin layer on my clean, damp skin, as instructed. 1 second after this...this....concoction...hit my skin, I immediately felt like my face was ON FIRE. Not a "tingle" or "slight flush," as the package states, but full on holy crap what is on my face GET IT OFF NOW burning. I couldn't even stand to have it on my face for 5 seconds, let alone 1 minute (as prescribed for those with sensitive skin). This elicits a "tingle" and "gentle flush" like Chernobyl did to the surrounding landscape. Sandpaper would have been gentler.

No. Just NO. I have sensitive skin, so I do react more strongly to products than most people, but this is just ridiculous. My skin is not unaccustomed to chemical resurfacing products; after all, I use Estee Lauder ANR daily with no trouble. If you have skin that can tolerate strong (and I use that word very lightly) chemicals and rough exfoliants, then go for it. Otherwise, avoid this product like the plague.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wah. Why so expensive Exfolikate? I love this scrub. I use it very infrequently due to the price (trying to make that small tube last...) but even so I see positive results. The texture is a very fine grit that feels effective yet doesn't irritate, even if I have an open-ish blemish (gross, I know). The bonus is in the enzymes, though! I always try to leave it on for as long as possible to let the chemical exfoliation work its magic. Apply in the shower, scrub thoroughly, leave it on while I shave legs/scrub body/deep condition ETC ETC and when I finally rinse it off, my skin is a smooth blank canvas. I like to use it before dates or events because it just ups the ante a notch and makes me feel really glowy and pretty. There is a very strong smell, and you don't need a ton, or to use it all the time. It is an investment for the larger tube, so ask your Sephora connect for a sample and try this puppy out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great facial scrub. It left my face so smooth and clean. Loved the formula and would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by asdfjeff

This is by far my favorite beauty product I have ever purchased! Every time I use this, it never fails to amaze me how much clearer, softer, and more radiant my skin looks. This is also great at fading acne scars! At first, I was shocked at how expensive just a little bit of this stuff is, but a little goes a LONG way and you can easily make the 0.5 oz tube last a year. I tell all my friends to buy this and I will certainly be repurchasing when I run out.