Kate Somerville Exfolikate

3.9

Water, Lactic Acid, Polyethylene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Pectin, Carica Papaya Fruit, Lactobacillus/Cucurbita Pepo Fruit, Ferment Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Papain, Bromelain, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Mel, Acetic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Salicylic Acid, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cinnamal, Potassium Sorbate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Beta-Carotene (CI 75130), Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex (CI 75810). 6/26/09

on 6/20/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This exfoliating treatment works very well and smells like oatmeal cookies. The packaging is designed well and clean looking. Although I will finish this bottle I bought with love, I will not repurchase. This is very pricey and there are other exfiolaters that are equal in quality and less expensive.

on 5/15/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This seems to have an inconsistent performance on my typically combo/oily, breakout-prone face. I like that the texture is very fine, it doesn’t feel like it’s scraping my face. The “warming sensation” can be pretty intense if my skin is feeling the least bit sensitive that day, and other days the effect fades very quickly and I can barely feel it. While this scrub does make a smooth surface, it can cause dryness and peeling in some spots (forehead and around the nostrils) I think it’s overall too strong for my skin, which is pretty surprising. My skin is normally quite resilient, with sensitivity being an occasional hormonal side-effect, but this just seems too much for my face on a regular basis (I only use it 2-3 times a week). It’s fantastic on my neck and décolleté, however; never too harsh or too weak. I like that it comes in a hygienic and travel-friendly tube, but a little does not go a long way. I need a nickel-size blob just for my face and it doesn’t spread very well so I have to apply one bitty dot at a time to each area, massaging in immediately after applying since the warming effect can wear off quickly. Based on its inconsistent performance and its high price tag, I won’t buy this again.

on 4/9/2015 1:09:00 PM

I didn't think I had sensitive skin until I tried this product. I applied it for a lot less than the time indicated and it still burned the heck out of my face. Within an hour of rinsing my skin was red and hot to the touch and slightly swollen. The next day my face was really tight and sore and for the next week I was peeling pieces of dead skin off my face. It was a week and a half until my skin was normal. I suppose it did "exfoliate" since I lost a ton of facial skin but holy smokes!

on 4/5/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This stuff is so expensive! I buy the smallest size which is about $22, but the good thing is you only need a pea-size amount. I use it once a week (for about 10 weeks so far--still on my first small container) and I have definitely noticed that my pores have shrunk and my fine lines have become less noticeable. I manually exfoliate with it for about 1 minute and then I let it set while doing something else for 2 minutes before washing it off. It's not too abrasive for me but I wouldn't use it more than twice per week. I have oily/combination skin. I haven't experienced any breakouts with this product. I've had perioral dermatitis in the past and I am very pleased that I've had no reactions to this product. My mom who just turned 60 has been using this product for about 6 months and loves it! She encouraged me to try it myself. She uses it twice/week. She also has oily/combination skin and looks very youthful and glowy! I will definitely keep purchasing this! Maybe someday I'll take the plunge to buy a bigger size lol. Try it! You won't be disappointed.

on 3/22/2015 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really like this exfoliator and I do notice a difference in my skin on the days that I use it. The smell is really clovey or cinnamony, it tingles just a little-enough to let you know that it's doing something. It is expensive but a little goes a long way.

on 3/9/2015 3:27:00 AM

I had a few samples of this lying around that i hadn't bothered to try yet as i have another exfoliator which i really like, not going to lie i was a bit shocked when i squeezed the product onto my hand and found out it was green XD
This exfoliator has done wonders for my acne prone skin clearing up dry patches and healing my acne faster, my skin always looks calmer and happier after using this, i have purchased the full size product despite that huge price tag because it have just been so good for my skin.

on 2/27/2015 7:26:00 AM

LOVE this product. Does what it says...takes off the dull dry skin winter can bring. I have used it year around for about 2 years and will continue to. the packaging has changed to a tube and I like it a lot better than the previous jar type.

on 2/9/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sample from Sephora and decided to use prior to my bday weekend celebration. Well I used it for three days and noticed minimal difference. My skin is dry because the harsh winter so I get a few dry patches. It cleaned the patches up but that was it. I didn't feel any fresh glow or radiance, blah, blah, blah. Add insult to injury, it seemed to irritate a few blemishes I had on my face. So while it took away my flakes, it made my acne more pronounced, so I wont buy this again. On a stranger note, it looks like duck poop you see in ponds and lakes.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Oh my, like all of the other reviewers, Exfolikate is definitely not easy on the wallet. Good thing, a little goes a long way.

I did not want to like this product, but I got it as a beauty insider reward at Sephora, when the sales associate told me it was her favourite exfoliator (and unfortunately, I didn't know how expensive it was when I tried it).

The smell of this product is quite medicinal, but I do not mind it - sort of like cloves or cinnamon. It tingles my skin when I put it on, but not to the point where it burns. I could see how it might be intense for people with sensitive skin.

This product gets rid of all my flakey dry skin, and makes my skin feel SO soft and smooth after. I have never had a product make my skin feel this good. It feels like all the gunk on my skin is clarified. I also feel like it reduces blemishes too, even though I did not expect that to happen.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product does do what it claims. Its a dark green scrub that smells herby (think rosemary, lavender, etc). I was using this product for a few months before I became sensitive to it. At first, I loved the way my skin felt after using this- smooth, supple and nicely exfoliated. It's not too abrasive. After awhile, it started to burn my face within 5 seconds of contact. I suspect its because I started using a stronger AHA toner in my routine, but I had to stop using this. I think this is a good product if you do not have any skin sensitivities. I do not have sensitive skin, but I can't use this while I'm using other products that have AHA.

Popular Treatments (Face)