December 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Convertible Eye Color

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the grey one. I like the packaging, it's cool in three parts. It applies easily and the colour is nice - a true grey.

Unfortunately the staying power, even with primer, is terrible. It doesn't last at all.

Picked this up at Winners for about $8, I'd not have liked to pay full price for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by alina08

The idea behind this eyeliner is cute and multifunctional, but I did not really like the color combination that I purchased. I bought this product in lilac, but I think the colors do not work together very well. The eyeshadow is a nice lavender shade, but the eyeliner is a medium purple that makes it look like you did not get enough sleep. Both the shadow and the liner apply well on the eyelid, although the liner is a bit thicker than what I imagined. Overall, I think some of the color pairings were not well thought out, but perhaps they will update and improve them over time. I would rate this a three until they improve the color selections.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

I got this in violet. It's a really cool idea, having eyeshadow, eyeliner and smudger all in one thin tube! I really like the colours of both eye products, creates a subtle smokey eye. Primer is essential for the shadow however and the eyeliner isn't very long lasting on the waterline.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by sxs

I tried this on in the store, loved the color, bought it and then went out to dinner. By the time I got home that night, it had almost entirely worn off. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This is a pretty cool product. One side is a retractable eye liner, the other side is smudge tool & you can unscrew it from the middle, and out will pop out a smudge applicator with a frosty white shadow. You can line your eyes and apply a highlight in the corners. The pigmentation of the eye liner is really good. It's really creamy and extremely black. But I find that it does smudge and lighten during the day. I like this product.. but I would not repurchase and it is no way in my opinion worth $22. I bought mine at allcosmeticswholesale for about $7.99.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this is a great, very black eyeliner, it has it's flaws. first of all, not worth 22 bucks since it's a bit smudgey, i can deal with it, but for 22 bucks i expect a non-smudging kohl. the packaging is a bit dumb and unnecessary, kinda gimmicky. i guess in a sense, it's practical for 13 years olds who are into shimmer and black liner but for anyone else, kinda dumb.

the kohl is great, dont get me wrong, but you can get an equally good kohl liner for less!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by annano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in teak because I felt it would be a nice neutral that would go nicely with my skin tone. Unfortunately, I was not impressed in the least bit with this product. The packaging was horrible. The eye shadow was very messy and the applicator kept spilling it every time I opened it up. The colour of the eyeshadow was a nice shimmery brown (a little too shimmery for my taste). It came on very nicely when there was anything left on the applicator. My biggest problem with this shade however, is that the eyeliner didn't show up on my skin at all. This has never happened to me before. Overall, I was very disappointed with the quality of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kbel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Violet, Slate and Ivy. My favourite by far, however is the Violet. I find this is a great as a summer shadow when I don't feel like going to a lot of trouble - a quick smoky eye is easy with the liner, shadow and smudger. I also use it as an eyeliner generally because its easy to apply.
My only gripe is that I wish it lasted longer. It is smooth and soft to apply and sometimes it is easy to use too much of the liner. That said, I'll always buy this - as long as Stila keeps producing it!
I have to add that I find the packaging brittle and it cracks and splits very easily - that is frustrating!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Lissie24

This is the first eyeliner I have ever used up! I have it in Onxy and this is without a doubt the best black eyeliner you can have! I've tried others and this is the one to beat! I don't even use the eyeshadow--I actually didn't even know it was there :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Clove, which comprises a warm mid-tone shimmer brown eyeshadow (with slight bronze tones) and a dark brown matte eyeliner. The other reviews below do a great job of describing this product in full.

The pros of this product are convenience and portability. This pencil can be thrown into the smallest of bags and with just a hand mirror, you can get a great shadow and eyeliner look with no extra materials. The sponge smudger tip does a great job of softening liner and blending harsh edges. The Clove colour I have is great for my warm NC35 Asian colouring. It would be a great product and gift for someone who likes quick, easy, minimal make-up and travels a lot.

However I am not such a person and so find this product a bit boring. I was pushed into buying this by an enthusiastic Stila artist who did a great makeover on me but have barely used it since I got it. I love playing with make-up and so enjoy putting on eyeshadow and applying eyeliner with brushes. Even for travelling, which I thought I would use this for, I still prefer to pack eyeshadows and separate eyeliner and forget I have this pencil.

I also agree that the eyeliner really smudges on this product, especially as I'm used to Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, Kate supersharp pen eyeliner or MAC Technakohl pencils as my eyeliners of choice. (I have superoily eyelids). However, the eyeliner works great to create a smoky eye, as the Stila artist showed me.I apply the eyeshadow colour first over the lid and up to the crease. Then I draw an overthick line near my lashline with the eyeliner, then take the smudger sponge tip to soften and blend the line into the shadow. This creates definition and smokiness. I would always use a primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion) under this shadow as nothing lasts on my eyelids otherwise.

Overall, not a bad product but doesn't suit my style of make-up application and I won't be purchasing again.