MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

4.2

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Although I probably wouldn't repurchase this highlighter because I like trying new things (I only repurchase things I LOVE completely), I do really like it.

The packaging is kinda awkward but very pretty. The highlighter itself looks beautiful, as I'm sure you've seen from photos, and I'm a sucker for pretty things. I'm quite disapointed with the pigment, because usually that is something that MAC does well. But saying that, it is a natural highlighter anyway, but you can definitely see the glow on your face as it isn't translucent at all. It is a white shade, and it is quite longlasting. I would recommend.

on 3/30/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The one highlighter I always go back to. It gives my NW20 skin an ethereal glow, but never looks overtly shimmery. In the pan, it's a gorgeous pastel rainbow of pink, blue, white and beige, but the beige is the part that translates to the skin.

on 3/30/2015 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This highlighter gives the best finishing touch to your look.
A natural glow that doesn't shimmer and glitter.
Perfect on fair skin tones, but even more prettier on medium skin to give extra definition.

If your thinking about getting this highlighter then stop thinking and just go get it! I honestly can't rave about this product anymore on my pale skin its the perfect highlight! It's gives such a glow that doesn't look shimmery or glittery its beautiful.

I've had mine for almost a year now and its still going strong so for that reason I dont feel the price is too bad as you do get your monies worth.

Love , love , love it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer.

I love this highlighter. It goes so well on top of liquid and powder foundations, blends well and does NOT look too shiny/sheeny. It is one of the few highlighters I can use, because I'm already very fair skinned, highlighters tend to be too dark or too shimmery.

I apply generously to my brow bones, inner corners of my eye, cupids bow, arc of the nose, and my under eyes and cheekbones (to give that lift). Great dependable product.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

As an highlighter it is just perfect, not glittery and gives a healthy look to the overall appearance.
I also use it under my eyes (I have really dark under the eyes), and it works great.

Sometimes I use to all over my face (just a bit). If used too much on the forehead, it can look a bit oily.

One lippy less for the packaging since I find it difficult to open.

on 1/25/2015 6:52:00 PM

Love this highlighter! I have very fair skin but this has a subtle yet gorgeous effect, packaging is brilliant and will last forever! I've owned it for a year and I swear it hasn't even gone down. One of my MAC ultimate favs.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this to use as a highlighter, though I find I use it both as a highlighter and a finishing powder. It is very opalescent, and works best as a highlighter when I pair it with a cool toned blush, such as MAC's Well Dressed.

I have fair skin, and I found that this does not add a lot of luminosity to my face, and takes quite a bit of product for it to actually show up on me. For example, my Becca highlighters, or MAC's Soft & Gentle are much more luminous on me. This is okay for the office, or when I want to emphasize other features than my skin. Sometimes I just enjoy putting on a lot of product - so this is perfect for that. This also would be a great product who doesn't want to glisten or shine, and for people who are quite fair. I could see this looking powdery on someone who has a deeper skintone.

on 12/30/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This has to be one of my all time favourite highlighters; which is a huge statement for me because I own dozens and highlighters are kind of my jam. Glowy and dewy is my favourite way to look, if anyone says to me I look healthy and awake then its a huge compliment for me.
Lightscapade had been out of stock for so long from where I wanted it (even online) and I had heard so many good things about it I was over the moon when I finally managed to get my hands on it.
The shade itself is a gorgeous beige/cream/soft white (hard to describe) with lots of multi-dimensional veins in there that are pale pink, pale lilac and theres definitely a champagne-esque shimmer in there. Whats so good about this highlight is that its so sheer and soft that not only can you pack on a ton when you want to be the shimmer queen on a night out, its soft enough for daytime wear too.
I like to apply mine on all the standard places (of which most people are all too aware) on the high points of the face where the sun naturally catches. I also use my fan brush because I find it works the best. Its a great browbone highlight too.
Overall, this is amazing, and I think if you are a person who hates highlighters that either have way too much shimmer or actual chunks of glitter then this is most definitely for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite highlighters and one of my favorite products from MAC. It's extremely subtle, making it perfect for daily use. Do not get this if you want an obviously high-lit look because it isn't very buildable. It also contains Bismuth Oxychloride which some people are sensitive to.