August 22, 2014 | 1206 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on a total whim, as my friends were trying out lipstick and I was bored. I'm a sucker for anything iridescent or resembling an opal, so I was very attracted to this. Because I only swatched it on my hand absent-mindedly, I felt regret as soon as the bag was handed to me (it wasn't the only thing I bought, as usual).

HOWEVER, when I tried it out, I was amazed. It didn't look like much going on -- I thought, OK seems like a regular highlighter to me. I am a fan of highlighters, and some of my favourites are Mary Lou by the Balm, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Guerlain Meteorities, and Smashbox. MAC Mineralize amazed me in a totally unique and unexpected way because when I took a picture later on in the day, my face was GLOWING. It looked like there were some awesome Hollywood halo lights around my face. It looked like I have nothing else to do all day but bathe in milk and apply yogurt masks. It looked like I woke up in a field of morning dew.

.. Anyway, we get the point. This seems like your typical highlighter, except it's got an amazing photo finish effect. Also, as others have said, it's got a lovely velvet texture, is very very foolproof, looks beautiful, and does what it claims. A pearly, opalescent colour with cool undertones that would look best on fair skin. Also, recommend swirling a fan brush with this so you don't end up looking too shimmery.

Rock on MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

HOW DID I LIVE WITHOUT THIS TIL NOW!?
I got this through a swap as an extra and now I've become addicted to it.
I cannot believe how amazing this is. I only used a few highlighters before but this one is just perfect.
The down side is that I have huge pores so when I start sweating or my oil comes through it looks a bit flaky but I mean that's not Lightscapade's fault.
I've got so many compliments ever since I started using this.
I look so fresh and bright and a bit goes a long way!
This is definitely my HG when it comes to highlighters. I feel like I don't need to look any further.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ninachu8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this highlighter. I'm have pretty oily skin so for me I've always hated seeing anything shiny on my face so I've been pretty afraid to try out highlighters because I don't want my face to look oily. But this highlighter is absolutely perfect for me. I don't look oily at all when I wear this and it just gives me a perfect glow.

It's definitely not a dramatic highlighter, so if you're looking for an intense highlight I wouldn't buy this, but if you're like me and you want something subtle but still noticeable, this is the highlighter for you. It's a pretty neutral highlighter as well, so I think it would be pretty suitable for all skin undertones. Since it's more sheer than the other MAC Mineralized Skin Finish highlighters, I would tell those with darker skin tones to give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

This is a great every day highlighter that can be used a lot of different ways. It's great for highlighting the cheekbone, for the eyelids or under the brows, great for under eye area to give you a brighter awake look. This is a perfect highlighter. Very versatile product. You can get a light highlight/sheen with this or you can build it for a more intense highlight. Beautiful!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As a cool-toned PPP who doesn't sleep nearly enough, this is THE product to take my face from "half dead" to "glowy and alive!" without looking unnatural. It brightens up my face to the extent that I sometimes skip BB cream or foundation simply because I have all the glow I need from this product with my moisturizer. Because this product imparts no chunky glitter and very little color, the effect is subtle and polished, more subtle even than Porcelain Pink in the same range.

If you are fair-skinned and looking for a highlighter with a heavy dramatic impact, Lightscapade is not it--I'd recommend NARS Albatross (white-gold shimmer) or the MAC Soft and Gentle MSF (more beigey-silver). Lightscapade, on the other hand, is perfect on my cheeks and temples for days at the office when I want to look fresh-faced and well-rested. It also works well when used to add a subtle highlight to the browbone, inner eye, and cupid's bow areas. This product's wear is normally 4-6 hours for me, but this can be extended by using a setting spray after application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter! Like everyone has said as a pale girl it is a dream product! I love mine it has a lot of blue in it with some pink and that lovely beige-y colour. I never had a highlight of this shade. I'm used to MaryLou but this is a great subtle highlighter that is great for daytime in my case. I need something that's not too shimmery but allows what I want to stand out and this does that for me. I'm an NW15-20 and I apply this with a fan brush and it works great. It definitely shows upon me and gives me a soft focus "glow-ey" look that is perfect for daytime and I find it looks better as the day goes on. It has more of a pearl then shimmery finish which, I really like.

You get a huge amount as well! It's a little on the pricey side but you get a ton. Plus the formula is fantastic so I don't mind paying for good quality. This would also be good for under eye concealing as well I would think. This can definitely be used for multitasking and the marbling on these are just beautiful! Mine has a nice amount of blue veins in it and it's just lovely. This is totally for me a pale girls dream and is a beautiful highlighter that's pretty foolproof. So Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by bequeenb

This adds a beautiful shimmer to your face. It's a perfect highlighter for us who gets really pale in the wintertime! Not to shimmery, just perfect! And you get loads of product for your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Mrs_Rollins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A beautiful, subtle wash of shimmer in the finely-milled, velvet soft formulation that MSF is famous for. Unfortunately, on my N5 skin (OCC Y0, NARS Chantilly, etc) this doesn't show up at all. No matter how heavily I apply it, it simply isn't visible. I've even tried applying it with a damp brush and...nothing. So sad because I wanted to love this product. On light skin tones who aren't quite as pale as myself I'm sure this would be a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, subtle, cool toned highligher!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Get it while you can.

I wish MAC would make some of their most popular MSF permanent. But then again, they know how to play the game, don't they?

This isn't frosty like the other highlights, rather, it's a subtle sheen of pale silvery beige.

The colour is pretty sheer unless you apply with a really dense brush (Real Techniques Contour brush). I like to use it as an undereye setting powder also due to the luminous finish it gives off.