MAC Satin Blush - Well Dressed

4.2

Ingredients: talc, zinc stearate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, isostearyl neopentanoate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol. May contain: silica, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of the worst MAC blushes I have tried. Whilst it looks like a nice cool baby pink in the pan, I'm a neutral NC20 and this gives hardly any colour payoff on me. When built up all it leaves me with is a frosty silver shimmer that accentuates pores and looks awful. Texture is not smooth and doesn't blend easily. Not worth the price at all.

Well-Dressed is a very light dolly pink shade. I'm light olive and I have to really pack it on to get it to show up. It's VERY light and VERY sheer. And because it has a slight shimmer (which would normally be very subtle), when I heavily apply it (because I have to) the shimmer becomes very pronounced. I actually like the frosty ice princess look I get with it but it's not a very versatile blush for me. It has good longevity though, and I would recommend this one for very fair skinned peeps.

I am an NC 20 and this product did not show up on my skin. Maybe I am looking for a better color pay off than a subtle pink shade. Mind you, I have a bit of red on my cheeks and this just looks like bleh. Cubic on the other hand shows up quite nicely. Oh well, I really want to love this blush as I am a MAC blush addict but it didn't work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Ok long story short: I am a very yellow toned Hispanic/Asian girl. For YEARS I have had an awful time finding pink blushes that work with my skin tone. I have tried so many different pink blushes and they all turn orange, muddy or some other bizarre shade on my skin. I have never found a pink blush that actually kept its pink color once it hits my skin; till today that is. I tried MAC mocha and blushbaby and both turned a muddy orange. My mother who is very pale but still yellow toned is obsessed with Well Dressed. Just out of curiosity I tried it on myself and wow! This is the only pink blush that works with my skin tone. In the pan it's a mid toned pink color, kind of the color of bubblegum however it is not fluorescent or too bright. On my skin it's a beautiful every day pink flush of color with no brown or orange tinge to it. It's also a satin finish so it has a really nice sheen to it but it's not too shimmery. It's stays true on my skin to what it is in the compact. If you have a hard time finding pink blushes for yellow or olive skin tones this is the first one that I would recommend. It's perfect for every day and goes with everything. I'm usually drawn to shades like Peaches, Melba or Gingerly, with that being said well dressed is the pinkest blush in my collection but it's completely irreplaceable and I will be buying it forever. I found the one!

Love this blusher. Very natural, pinky shade that compliments my nc15 skin. The satin texture provides a slight delicate glow that I love. This combined with MAC Face & Body is my all time favourite look! Had this for a year now and there is still loads left...have only just hit pan.

Im tanned(NC35) and this looks like a hint of pink on me. Its light icy pink. Its soooo natural looking. I really like it. This is a nice light pink blush for day time. This would be in the cool scheme of colors. If you have warm golden undertones, this would look like a natural flush of color,like after an exercise. The color is so sheer but you can build the color for intensity. Its a very pink girly -girl color. These days I love pink blushes cos it easy to match with any occasion.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolute favourite blush! It gives a subtle, rosy tint to my NC20 skin and looks incredibly natural. Despite it being a blue-based pink, it does not clash with my skin tone but instead makes my skin look healthy. The sales assistant did not think it would show up on my skin and that I should use it as a highlighter rather than a blush, but upon trying it on me at the counter, we both agreed that it was a perfect pink for my skin. I would highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For reference I am NC30..

I've had my eye on Mac Well Dressed blush since Tanya Burr mentioned it as a must have blush in one of her videos over a year ago. Ever since I saw the color I fell in love with it.. A beautiful cool toned blue based baby pink. I love baby pink blushes and this one was just gorgeous. I would always look at this blush in the Mac store but hesitated buying it since I thought it wouldn't suit my complexion (Mac Nc 30, light medium Yellow toned skin). I remember asking the SA at Mac if she thought this blush would show up on me and she said that I should go with with something darker like Dame. I was disappointed as I really wanted this to work for me. I ended up trying to forget about it but recently I was shopping for blushes at Mac and couldn't resist getting this one and trying it on myself to see if it would really work.

I am pleased to report that this blush DOES show up on my Mac NC 30 skin tone. I read many reviews saying this blush doesn't show up- I think they may be using the wrong type of brush. This blush is very sheer so it takes a lot of building up (I had to apply 3 swipes to get to the intensity I liked) and you need to use a very dense blush brush if you want it to show up on light medium-medium skin. But it will show up if you keep building up and use the right brush.. Fear not!

On my Nc 30 skin tone it looks like a a beautiful wash of cool toned baby pink. It's very natural - great for a no makeup look but just a slight flush of angelic pink on the cheeks. I love it since most of my blushes are very warm and this is just something fun and different for me and also a great everyday blush. I actually don't mind that it's not super pigmented as it gives you a lot of control with how much color you want. I don't mind building up as its quite fun in my opinion to apply blush without having to worry about looking like a clown! It's a satin finish and has tiny micro shimmer in silver. The Blush looks 90% latte though with very little shimmer.

Overall I think this blush would be incredible for girls with fair skin. It would be my HG blush if I had fair skin. For my light medium skin tone I think this is a beautiful everyday blush to give an innocent pink flush on the cheeks. I believe that there are better blushes for my skin tone (perhaps more peachy tones) but it's nice to mix it up and I am so happy that I gave this blush a try despite the negative reviews for girls of color cuz it is gorgeous!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sheer pale pink with cool undertone; such lovely color. Unless you are fair though, it won't show up on your face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is definitely a good basic, natural shade for paler skin tones. I like to keep this as a purse blush for touchups. The colour is very sheer so there's no danger of over applying this.

Top Rated MAC Products