December 20, 2014 | 763 users online

Polishes - OPI - Rockette Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rockette Red is a true cherry red. A little bit darker than traditional red but it's still very just riped cherry red with creme finish. The application is so easy. It only takes 2 coats to do the job.

I didn't put any top coat and the color chips a little bit on the 2nd day. But generally speaking, the color is very wearable and I am sure plenty of viewers will love this color if they like a true medium/deep red. Unfortunately, this is a limited edition color. So it's discontinued for a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first OPI polish, and based on the quality it won't be my last. My Sally's had a table of stuff on sale with some OPI bottles at 3.99, and this seemed like the most wearable colour. I would describe it as a medium bright red with orangey undertones. I put it on my toenails with a basecoat, 2 coats of polish and a top coat. Having never tried this brand before I didn't know what to expect in terms of how durable it would be. It lasted, I swear, over 3 weeks without chipping. I've never had that with any polish I've used before. This was a LE Christmas shade but I'm definitely going to try more shades from the main collection now. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this and some other colors from my cousin and this is the shade that I'm absolutely thrilled with! As someone said earlier, the color is a beautiful red that has no shimmer. It's a little deeper than a traditional red, in my opinion. The wide brish is amazing, the color applies so evenly. I've got few cream red nail polishes but I keep going back to this one. It's so gorgeous and it's always the perfect color! Definitely pick this one up, it's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

"Rockette Red" is a very straighforward, no-nonsense retro creme medium cherry red. One of the color chemists at the OPI shade laboratory must have been having an especially good day, this may be one of the most versatile and wearable shades of red nail polish currently on the market. There's nothing overwhelming about this color - very straighforward, very wearable, can be worn for different occasions without looking out of place. As of all of the polishes that are a part of OPI's 2006 holiday collection, this too has the "pro wide" brush. This makes application extremely difficult for me on my small nails and makes cleanup time rather lengthy. This is, however, a minor gripe, so I'm going to give this product 5 lippies for being a good, solid, wearable color that every woman should have as a part of her arsenal.