July 31, 2014 | 1015 users online

Powder - Jane - Be Pure Mineral Makeup

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by falafel_waffle

My HG foundation. I use the colourless one, and it matches my skin exactly. I don't like using the puff that comes with it, so I remove the puff and use a skunk brush to apply.

I'm disappointed to see that it's been discontinued from stores in Canada and the company website does not ship internationally, so soon I will have to find a new mineral foundation. Also, the company website has an everything-for-$3 sale, but judging by the comments on the company facebook page the customer service has been hit-or-miss. I'm guessing this this $3 sale is a company-closing-everything-must-go sale. Boourns :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by xxfallenangelxx692

This is my favorite powder foundation to use. I cant use stuff with talc or oxybismouth chloride as you find this in so much mineral make up. The quality of the makeup is good and the price is very affordable. It doesnt irritate my skin like many foundations do and the colors are fabulous. The coverage is great and I like the sponge applicator that comes with it makes it easy and fast to apply and you can adjust the amount of coverage with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by bunnybooty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy wrinkles!!! This thing dries skin and makes lines. If having problem w packaging, take off the top spongey thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ping44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, I'm surprised this product does not have a higher rating. I have tried a few mineral foundations and hated all of them on my skin, but this one is perfect!
My skin is fairly dry so I normally use a cream foundation. But recently I was traveling and got a rash around my mouth, very red and irritated. Only looked worse when I tried to cover it with my normal makeup. I just ran to the drugstore and randomly chose this mineral makeup to try to cover it up. At first I just used it on the broken out part of my face but now I'm using it on all of my face and I'm really impressed. My skin looks flawless and healthy, not chalky like the other brands I've tried.
I'll be switching to this, at least during the warmer weather. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FINALLY! I've always loved the concept of mineral makeup, but have never been able to find one that worked on me. They either had no coverage at all, or looked cakey and fake, or sank into my pores, or had the horrible bismouth oxychloride sheen. After reading in Allure that someone with my oily skin should get a dimethecone free mineral makeup, I bought the Jane one. And thought it had no coverage at all after using it with the included sponge.

But then, based on reviews on MUA, I took off the sponge and just used the package like a regular sifter with my BE kabuki brush. And WOW! I have a fabulous, medium-coverage, makes my skin look glowy and even foundation that I can even use while traveling! I have never received so many compliments on my skin.

I'm a warm PPP and the Fair is a perfect match for my summer skin - just a little bit of color so I don't look washed out. I use a liquid concealer first and then the Jane, and it looks totally natural but still made-up enough for my office environment. I love this foundation and can't believe that it's only $6! Plus, it really has great lasting power. I use blotting papers twice during the day and a swipe over my t-zone at lunch with a bit of powder on a to-go brush, and it lasts from 5 am until 9 pm.

Great stuff, and an HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

REVIEW FOR LOOSE POWDER IN JAR W/O SPONGE/BRUSH TOP: the powder itself is actually really, really fine and went on super smooth. i expected nothing less from jane as their blushes are my absolute favorites. the lasting power is...meh, it's ok. not great but not bad. the coverage is good. my only complaint is that i got it in "colorless" and it was two shades too dark. :( i had to get another light powder i had at home to mix.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Michael0771

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The sponge, the horrible horrible sponge.
I quickly tore that off since it was pretty awkward to use the sponge to apply the mineral, having to shake it until it comes through, then possibly having a big mess on your clothing afterwards, so I threw the sponge away. Now I pour it into the cap and use a brush.
I actually like this, it has a nice blended consistency, very matching to my skin tone, and feels so light.
My problems with it are that I have easily oily skin, and this didn't really help with it at all. Uhm, it comes off very easily, rubbing off on anything white your face touches.
Will buy again 'till I can find a better mineral product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lifeismusic

I actually really liked this. I don't really need to use a whole lot of foundation on my skin...because my skin is already pretty clear. When I first tried it the smell was horrendous and I actually decided to spray the puff and the cap with my perfume. It worked pretty well to disguise the smell and has lasted ever since. The application is less than average...and when I accidentally screwed off the entire cap, I found out why. There is only 2 holes that allow for the foundation to be applied from the puff. So, like so many others here, you could ditch the whole puff or you could do what I did and take a drill and make some more holes. This seemed to allow more product onto the puff and helped to allow for more coverage. Overall, for the money I would definitely recommend this product and even buy it again. I actually was looking into the Rimmel/Revlon version of this product when this caught my eye for only 3 bucks with a bogo sale at walgreens. I was able to get this, another pckg of foundation, 2 brushes, an eyeliner, an eye crayon, a lip balm, and a sharpener.

For the money I would say that Jane is a good brand and is perfect for those who want the experience of minerals at a cheap price. The colors are great and the consistency of the product as well as the coverage is unbeatable. The only setback for me would be the few minimal alterations I had to make to the packaging itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupfreak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

matches my skin tone perfectly. i love how it is refilable. reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jess428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't think I'm reviewing the correct product here.....I have the Be Pure Mineral Makeup in the tube thingy....with the brush attached, not the puff, but I couldn't find the product listed here. Anyways- same basic product. I admit, I don't get the packaging- I cannot make it work for the life of me. I can barely get any powder to dispense into the brush, and when it does, it dispenses into the very center of the brush only, so I have to absolutely mash the brush against my face to spread the powder. Which is unfortunate, because the actual powder itself seems good- I don't use it very often, because I use tinted moisturizer in place of foundation, but I will use this over it if I'm having an especially bad skin day or trying to look extra polished. The color is good, the coverage looks natural, and it doesn't break me out- at least not from the little that I do use this. And part of the reason I bought this was so it could fit nicely in my purse.....sigh. I suppose I could just break open the container and put it in a more workable jar. So in conclusion- crappy packaging, but pretty good product that I may buy again (and put into different packaging) just because it is cheap and works.
EDIT: I did end up breaking open the jar. The color seemed ok when just a tiny amount was coming out of the brush, but once I was able to use it normally, I found it is actually too orange. I will not buy it again.