Neutrogena one-step gentle cleanser

3.9

ngredients: Water , Lauryl Glucoside , Decyl Glucoside , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Ammonium Laureth Sulfate , Glycerin , Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate , Glycereth-7 , Glycol Distearate , Capryl Glycol , Hexylene Glycol , PEG-150 Distearate , PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide , PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , Tetrasodium EDTA , Citric Acid , Phenoxyethanol , Fragrance

on 4/5/2015 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I went from the foaming cleanser to this one since it is supposed to remove makeup and cleanse your skin in one step.
It did a decent job at removing my makeup but my skin just felt kinda icky.
I do not know exactly what it was. It did not feel like a film or anything but it just did not feel good or refreshed.
It also started to look quite dull when I was using this.

on 3/3/2015 9:46:00 PM

This is one of my favorite drugstore face washes. It's absolutely perfect: the texture is a pearly gel that turns into a light lather, it completely eliminates all traces of very stubborn makeup (though waterproof mascara takes some extra work) and leaves my skin feeling moisturized and clean and not stripped in the least. The price is fair at around $7 give or take, and it lasts quite a while because you don't need much to wash your face. A very solid buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

You know that refreshed feeling after your skin has had a proper cleansing? This cleanser will deliver that feeling every time. I feel like my skin can breathe and no crazy dryness, odors, or stinging after use. A+

on 11/14/2013 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of this and it's a great gentle cleanser that removes make-up as well. Doesn't strip my skin either, and no heavy or offensive fragrance. It is a foaming gel cleanser but it won't turn your face into a bubble bath or anything like that!

I prefer to use this on days I wear make-up (after Bioderma Sensibio Micellar) and rotate with Neutrogena Ultra Gentle cream cleanser or jojoba oil in the morning or days when I have very little to no make-up on. The One-Step does a much better job of removing any make-up compared to the Ultra Gentle. I use it around my eyes to get pesky traces of mascara with no problems, no redness, no stinging. I use a warm wash cloth both morning and night with either cleanser.

I just wish the bottle was bigger, it's only 153mL compared to the Ultra Gentle which is 354mL - my first bottle of One Step barely lasted me a month when I used it for both day and night. One Step is still one of the best cleansers I've tried so far and I will repurchase.

on 6/4/2013 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this cleanser for a couple of months now, and I really love it. I bought it on a whim at Target and now it has become my favorite cleanser. I have very sensitive skin, and I find that this does not break me out or dry out my skin. I do not like to use it in my eyes since it can be pretty harsh and irritating there, so I use Maybelline's Clean Express lotion first and wipe away all my eye makeup, then I use this as a face cleanser. Afterwards, I like to use some witch hazel just to tone my skin and I hardly ever see any makeup residue on the cotton ball, so I know the cleanser is doing a good job getting all my makeup off. And like someone else said, this product can be hard to find. I've looked but I can never find it at my Walmart, so I end up just having to buy it at Target which can be a pain. But since you only need to use a very small amount of this product with each use, it does last a while so it's not too big of a deal. And at a price tag of around $7, I think it's a great value.

on 3/27/2013 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE IT !! This is the ONLY facial cleanser I use. It removes make-up and doesn't strip your skin. I have sensitive, easily breaks out skin and this doesn't cause any problems with my skin. I use this with my Clarisonic and I use a little drop right in the middle of the brush and it works great!. It can be hard to find, it's not found with the usual Neutrogena products, it usually found in the make-up isle of the drugstores not in the skin care isles.

on 2/6/2013 10:07:00 PM

This does a good job of removing all my face makeup. It even removes the Revlon Colorstay foundation, which can be tricky to get off. It does not perform so well with eye makeup, unfortuately. And it is NOT gentle on the eye area- it made my eyes burn pretty badly.

If you have a separate eye makeup remover that you use and are just looking for something for your face, this is not a bad choice. If you are looking for a cleanser that is truly "one step," I would suggest something like MAC's Cleanse Off Oil.

on 9/23/2012 2:28:00 PM

I'm surprised there are any bad reviews to this product at all, bc as someone with oily sensitive, super allergy-prone skin, this has been a savior for my makeup removing efforts!!! I have tried a million makeup remover and baby wipes along with oils to remove makeup, and have always stayed broken out because of this...then when I randomly switched to this on a limb, the breakouts and blackheads galore have since been minimizing!! I make sure to wash with another cleanser after this anyway b/c usually i need to use some salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to kinda treat my skin, but this serves as an excellent makeup remover b/c you can even see the makeup washing down the drain as you rinse your face! Totally a fun end-of-the-night sighting to know you're finally getting your face really clean and I'm so glad I found this product!

on 8/13/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For me, the trick with this cleanser is to use a TINY amount -- about 1/4 of a pump, the size of a small pea. If I use more than that it's too drying, but if I put a tiny bit on my already-wet face and massage very gently for 10-15 seconds, it foams nicely, cleans well, and removes makeup (I don't wear foundation) without leaving my skin feeling tight. Of course I rinse it off very thoroughly. I sometimes use this at night before serums or other treatments, since active ingredients penetrate skin better when it's super-clean. This also works as a follow-up to oil cleansing if it feels like there's too much of a film left after rinsing off the oil. The light fragrance doesn't bother me. Good value, too -- I'll probably buy again if it's still available when I run out of my current bottle in 2014 or so.

on 8/12/2012 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Great cleanser. Cleans up really well, especially around the eyes.