October 1, 2014 | 976 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence of Beauty - Stand Up Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by 1Dluver613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought it because i couldnt find my favorite E.L.F. Studio Kabuki brush... and i was tired of looking everywhere so i just went to CVS and got this.. its

PROS: Applies alot at of product at a time. dense.

CONS: Very scratchy and it started shedding the first time i used it!!! it kinda hurts when you apply it. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Uggg! I don't like this brush at ALL. This brush sheds like it is going out of style, and it is scratchy! This is my second face brush of all time, I got an EOB kabuki brush and I love it, its amazing so I thought this would be the same quality. Wrong. I wish I could go back and not buy this thing, but I'm not the person to go out and buy another brush so oh well, lessoned learned

Side note: I do love the look of the brush though, very nice and classy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this along with the E O B 's Blender brush .( I only needed the blender brush but when Walgreens or C.V.S ( don't remember exactly ) had a BOGO 50 % off sale on EoB , I grabbed this brush also ) ... I ended up using this Powder brush more than the blender brush ...

The bristles are Soft and Dense and able to spread the powder evenly and quickly ..At the same time because of it's density it picks up a lot of product ...So we gotta be careful ...

Some of the reviewers have complained about it's shedding but I don't find mine shedding ...

Good quality brush for such a low price $ 4 reg...I got mine for $ 2 bcoz of the Bogo 50 % off sale...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Telly90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush sheds and it's scratch on my skin. I liked that it was a small stand up powder brush, but other than that it's not that great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS BRUSH! i havent even read other reviews on it...but ive been using it everyday for the past few weeks and i think its amazing...i use it to apply my Bare Minerals foundation. The regular BE brushes are WAY to scratchy on my face and i think they were irritating my skin under my eyes...so i went into CVS (USA) and bought one of these not really expecting much...its amazing, i feel like i use less product bc i love the way this blush blends the foundation into the skin. I after applying the foundation I go over again lightly with my mineralize skinfinish natural and this works wonders on both loose foundation and compact powders...i think im going to buy another one just in case they stop making them or something. I have never seen a hair shed on my face, ive washed it once, no hair came out...you will need to let it dry overnight maybe even longer bc the bristles are very tighly compacted...but a little dampness on a brush never hurt mineral makeup anyway...and i think it cost about $5.00? way better than another other facebrush ive used (MAC, Smashbox, and Bobby Brown included)

if you wash it really really well, and kind of pull at it when you 1st get it all of the stray hairs should come out....and i saw no dye come out either, but i wash my brushes in a mild facewash, and only in cold water...if it sheds like crazy it may be a manufacturing problem (and its a cheap a$$ brush so that may be the issue), or u are using it to hard...

UPDATED: so i just looked yesterday, im actually using the standup BRONZER BRUSH...oops, but i still think its AMAZING, its actually more dense than the facebrush, which is why i like it more, it makes my mineral makeup go on flawlessly...happy primping!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm hoping this brush will get better with time. I got it for my purse/car for me to apply powder or MMU on the go. I already have a BE kabuki and in my experience, I should have just looked for another on Ebay and it would have been about the same price. For the money they are charging, this brush sucks. It sheds like CRAZY (big, long black hairs all over) and black dye leaks out when you wash it. It does have a big brush base so if it didn't shed it would work fine, but I'm tired of combing huge long tarantula hairs off of my face in the morning. Would not repurchase. I'm hoping in time it will shed and bleed dye less. Weird smell too, when new.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by megnut123

I love this brush! this brush never shed or had a bad smell.it is ah-mazing! i applied it with mineral foundation and you couldnt even tell i was wearing makeup. This brrush was totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by bejanbombshell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this brush is pretty good.of course not a mac one but good.i have no problem with insane shedding and when washed the dye has yet to come off.i carry it around on school days and its still fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by angeljuvinesent2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was my first EoB brush and i must say that im pretty disappointed...the brush itself does what its suppose to do...it picks up a lot of product and its pretty easy to blend your powder with it, since its pretty large in size...however, it sheds quite a lot and most of all, IT SMELLS HORRIBLE!!! even if you wash it repeatedly, the dye wont stop bleeding and the smell just never goes away...yuck

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this without reading the reviews, or else I probably wouldn't have. I must have gotten really lucky with the brush I bought, because I've never experienced noticeable shedding with mine. The first time I washed it, I used clarifying shampoo, rinsed it out three times, and a bunch of black dye came out. However the subsequent washes have been fine. It is very, very soft. I think making a fluffy powder brush is hard to screw up, so it's probably pretty comparable to other brushes around the same price range which are out there. If I ever needed a new powder brush, I may see if there is something better out there. For now, it gets the job done, and I'm happy with it.