April 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Top/Base Coats - Avon - Quick Dry Nail Enamel Spray

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fab product. It does what it says on the bottle. Really cheap as well. It does leave an oily residue if you spray it too closely and too heavily. I just rub the oil into my hands if I am heavy handed with it so no bother. Since I love my nail polishes and I am so busy this stuff it indispensible.
I am another poor time starved female trying to look groomed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by danai

I wanted this to work but it so doesn't.
First I have to point out I only used it on my toenails, because it's far too messy on the hands. It's basically some sort of dry oil, which I don't mind, but it just doesn't work on hands; if I have to wait for the oil to dry anyway (which it takes a couple of hours to completely do) then I'd rather just sit and wait for my polish to dry by itself. So only toes in the summer for me.
Now I tried it again and again, in different ways - right after top coat. 1-2 minutes after top coat, 5 - 10 minutes after top coat, and all the above. It pretty much never worked. It never made my top coat stay intact, and I'm not talking anything rough; it's just toenails in flip flops or sandals all day. They don't get to touch anything but my sheets. How hard would it be for a proper drying spray to protect my toes from my bedsheets if I've used my top coat more than an hour before bed and sprayed it 2-3 times since? Still I woke up yet again today with my top coat needing to be redone. In other words, I gave this tons of time and it didn't work; and Avon's saying it works in record time? Really? Oh please.
For the rest, this is oil slick (which would be ok if it worked I guess) and it smells reasonably pleasant.
There has to be something out there that works better even for a smaller price (where I live this was 9.5 Euros full price - I got it for 5,5 Euros, I still feel robbed).
Two words: Never. Again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mom got this as a sample because her friend works for Avon. She rarely ever does her nails, so I decided to try it.

I absolutely hate it.

The formula is incredibly oily. The spray is wild and gets all over your hands. Then, when you have oil all over your hands, it's difficult to try to grab onto anything or open a bottle of nail polish or close it.

The pump is hard, and it takes a lot of effort to push down on it.

I also didn't see a difference in drying time. the only difference I saw was my hands being all oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I always do my nails right before bed so they have time to harden all night and don't reek the next day. I used to use SH Insta-Dry applied by a brush and thought that was awesome but bought this out of curiosity. It's wonderful! Less time consuming than a brush on, just a squirt or two for each hand and done! I never wake up with sheet marks ever! And the smell is sooo nice. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I discovered this awesome spray through my sister. She is an Avon junkie and I've only just started introducing myself to their products. I was giving myself a pedicure with her Avon polish in Creamy Coral ( gorgeous shade, by the way) when I got an unexpected phone call and had to be prepared to leave within a matter of minutes. What was a girl to do!?! I had freshly painted nails. I thought about borrowing a pair of flip flops, but this was late October in Connecticut. My toes would freeze! Just as I started to fan my toes frantically with my hands and look for a blowdryer, I saw this spray near her polishes. Quick dry spray? I grabbed it and prayed it would work, and boy did it work! The directions said to apply a light coat over the polish. I spritzed lightly and was taken with how good it smelled. I also liked how it gave my toes a great hydrated looking sheen. If it were flip flop weather, I certainly wouldn't have hesitated to show my toes off. Sure enough my nails were totally dry. Less than a minute had passed and they were unsmudgeable ( is that even a word?). I put my boots on even though I was still worried my pedicure would be screwed up when I took them off. To my suprise, that night when I got home, my polish was in pristine condition! I can't wait to get a bottle of this for myself. What a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by retaildrone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

As a person who constantly messes up her nails by being impatient and unable to sit still, this stuff has become a Godsend. Once my nails get slightly dry, I just spray this light oil on them and poof! They're dry to the touch. At least to the point where I won't screw them up. It's worth a try for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

Got this on sale. I spray it on after my 2 layers of polish are 60-70% dry. It does help dry up faster a bit. Not good enough for me to repurchase. It smells nice. Although it felt greasy, but leaving it on my fingers after spraying actually make my cuticles extremely dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 12:04:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

This stuff is so amazing, and i don't even know how it works! After the color sets, you just spray it on, and within 30 seconds your nail color is totally dry and touchable. It probably only dries it on the surface, leaving the color underneath to dry with time, but it keeps you from messing up your nails. I'm one of those people that gets too impatient waiting for their nails to dry so I try to do my normal activities carefully, which normally results in an, "Oh, SHI*!!!!" and then layering yet another coat to cover the smudge. When you spray it you get it on your fingers, and it leaves a sheen that you can see under the night, but it doesn't feel sticky or weird. This doesnt smell too bad either, and it's dirt cheap like all Avon products. I find it amazing. Love it, and would repurchase! Definitely I recommend you to try it!