November 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Britney Spears - Midnight Fantasy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

To say i'm disappointed in this fragrance is an understatement. I really had high hopes for it given the good reviews it has here on makeupalley.com. Midnight Fantasy is an okay berry fragrance and it lasts a long time too. It's just that it smells cheap. Like some hideous body spray you can get at a drug store. I really enjoyed Curious, Fantasy and Summer Fantasy but something about this just screams cheap. Also, to me, it's not very feminine either....kind of masculine. Try and imagine Axe body spray with some berries mixed in. Some blackberries, blueberries and maybe raspberry. The scent still manages to maintain the sweet, cupcake vibe that the original Fantasy so i thought that was nice. Midnight Fantasy isnt so bad that i'll go home tonight and throw away my bottle....i'll use the rest of it but i just wont buy it again. The bottle, though, is beautiful. A wonderful deep, deep blue with pretty rhinestones embedded in the bottle. I wish the scent was as expensive smelling and as nice as the bottle. Oh well....you cant win um all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite perfume by my favorite pop star. This has such a pleasant fruity smell to it, I just love it so much. I alllllwayyyyys get compliments when I wear it, people will always tell me that I smell really good lol. I can't find it in stores anymore which is a major bummer, but at least there is always Amazon.
I find that it doesn't last throughout the day for very long, but still long enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale at Shoppers. 20 bucks for 100ml and I'm glad I got it. The bottle is oh so pretty and I really like the scent. It smells "darker" than the original. One of my favourites from the Fantasy line.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years this has been my #1 favorite perfume. Similar to the sister fragrance "Fantasy by Brittany Spears" , Midnight Fantasy is also very sweet and sensual, but differs in the way that is it a cooler and more fruity version, as opposed to being warmer and more vanilla/sugar based like the pink bottled "Fantasy". The box claims it has notes of Framboise, Black Cherry, Musk, Night Blooming Orchid, Vanilla, Plum, Freesia, Amber, and Iris. The bottle of the perfume is gorgeous...its a sort of Bluish purple glass with small rhinestones covering it, and its a very stout/sturdy bottle which makes it ideal for carrying with you.
On that note, you will need to carry it with you because although lovely, the fragrance does wear off pretty quickly and will need to be reapplied several times in the day if you are wanting others to be able to smell it from a distance and not directly smelling your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by claregriffin

This perfume is beyond gorgeous, I love it sooo much. Never have I worn a perfume and received quite so many compliments from men mainly, it drives them crazy. It is a really sweet, dark smelling perfume and is so attractive.The scent lasts for hours and only needs a few sprays so use sparingly. Saying that though it is such a beautiful fragrance that I use quite liberally. The bottle is really pretty too and the only downside is that it is really hard to see how much of the product is left unless you hold it up to the light. This is a perfume I would buy again and again, the other Britney perfumes are too sweet for me but this one is my top and I would recommend to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I never tried this perfume when it first came out - in fact I never even smelled it. I just admit that I'm a non-celebrity persuader of perfume buying. I was accidentally introduced to this perfume through a co-worker. I smelled this pretty soft fragrance and it was downright addictive. I had to ask her what it was. I found out she had purchased the "two-set" of Midnight Fantasy and Fantasy. That particular day she was wearing Midnight Fantasy.

This was recently on sale at Shoppers DM and I bought the bottle which is huge and so pretty. A dark cobalt blue colour with little shimmer studs that seem to resemble little stars in the sky - very pretty bottle. Good value, large bottle and it was in the $19.99 aisle at Shoppers.

The fragrance I agree (from reading reviews) is similar to BBW Dark Kiss but nicer in so many ways. It's not overly strong or obnoxious and just melds beautifully with my chemistry. It's sexy, seductive and warm with strong notes of berry, plum, musk and I swear some vanilla. It really is pretty. I never thought I would like a celebrity fragrance but I adore this one. I am glad that I stumbled across it and after all this talking about it I have to go put some on. (seriously).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

As a lover of Fantasy, I decided to try some of the flankers. This smells nothing like the original. I agree that this smells almost exactly like BBW Dark Kiss. I am not a fan of berry notes in any capacity; they usually are reminiscent of artificially flavored candies and never quite accurate since they are usually synthetically-derived. Midnight Fantasy definitely shares this tendency. The scent is rather linear and again, nothing like the cupcake-y original. If you like Dark Kiss, this is a much more concentrated version. While I didn't keep this bottle, the sillage and longevity are fantastic. If you spot this at Marshalls or TJ Maxx, try Dark Kiss and BBW then come back and score a bottle of this at a great price. I didn't hate this fragrance, it's just not my idea of a sexy evening scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by mclauren29

To be perfectly honest i have my good and bad days with this perfume.

Pros:
- Super long lasting! I could smell it on a jacket I wore two weeks ago, and catch myself being able to smell it during the day
- very inexpensive

Cons:
- I personally dont like the look of the bottle
- It kinda has that cheap perfume smell, you know the one I'm talking about? It doesn't have that richness that you can get in a better quality perfume

Great scent though and for the price you can't go too wrong!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by schristi2800

I really tried to like this perfume, but it smells too much of plums and berries. I do like how it is long lasting, I also receive tons of compliments but i feel that it is way too sugary.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

This smells EXACTLY like Dark Kiss that was discontinued from bath and body works. Super sweet & dark & gorgeous.