July 31, 2014 | 1933 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Natural Healing Lotion-Honey Vanilla Shea

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG hand lotion. It's rich & creamy, so I really don't use this anywhere else but my hands (so far). I discovered this at my SO's apt & instantly went out to buy a bottle for myself, 1 for home & 1 for work. Strangely, this particular lotion is hard to find & I can only find it at 1 Rite Aid location for only $8.29 (13 oz pump dispenser). I love this lotion so much. Since it's hard to find I'm contemplating cleaning out that Rite Aid store of its supply of this (lol). NO other lotion or hand cream I've ever tried before has the ability to moisturize & soften my hands like Curel Nourishing, which means it beats moisturizing greats such as Neutrogena Norwegian Formula (a longtime staple) & Nivea Smooth Sensation, Burt's Bees Therapeutic honey body butter, L'Occitane shea butter (which I dislike), & my former HG Acid Mantle cream (which I could only get via eBay).
I cannot live without this lotion -- it instantly quenches dryness & keeps working for a long time, & it absorbs right away -- & will keep buying it (as I said, I may be backing up my supply w/more!). I hope this lotion doesn't get discontinued.

EDIT 6/6/11 -
I switched to Curel Itch Defense lotion when I found out how much BETTER it is than Curel Natural Healing. I didn't think anything could be better but this one really is. Itch Defense got rid of my itchy lower legs like nothing else on this planet could.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by JasonStuart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ABSOLUTE BEST LOTION EVER! Nothing softens my skin and keeps it that way better than this lotion. I noticed that they have discontinued most of the other lotions in the Curel Natural Healing lineup...I pray this one sticks around!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great. It's non-greasy and it softens my hands nicely. Blends in quickly. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by iamtulip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a favorite and a repurchase. In fact, this is the only brand I buy now. I love the pump bottle. The price is right for me at about 3-6/bottle. It sinks right in but moisturizes my dry skin effectively. No greasies here. I have suffered from severe eczema on my hands for as long as I can remember, and this does not irritate it in the least. It has actually improved. I have several bottles in my home and keep the travel sizes in my handbag. I just can't get enough of it. DH really likes the way it smells which is always a bonus. He also uses it because it sinks in and isn't greasy. Good stuff all around!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by dhsieh

When I saw that Curel made this particular scent, I bought it without even testing it out because I love vanilla. Bad, I know, but I loved the Curel Ultra Healing one so much that I didn't think twice. The Natural Healing lotion does deliver on its promise on smoothing and reconditioning dry skin for 24 hours. The scent is nice but its not the conventional vanilla scent. The formula is not as thick and sometimes it feels like it has a watery finish. Even though I like the Natural Healing version, the Ultra Healing one is far superior (though better suited for dry winters) because it also does wonders for my feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by beautgal

I totally agree, this lotion is by far THE BEST I've ever used, and I've tried many many many kinds over the years - including some pretty high-end ones. It seriously moisturizes all day. It feels rich yet lightweight, and as the other reviewer said, it disappears into your skin like a feather. Smells nice too. I can't say enough good things about it!!! And, it's cheap! what more can you ask for? My HG body moisturizer!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Diamonds

BEST LOTION I HAVE USED, HANDS DOWN!!!

I can not rave enough about this lotion. It is light as a feather and sinks right in. I can not stand clammy feeling hands, and cloying fragrances, but this is so light and clean smelling. I can't imagine the smell bothering anyone!

Just try it at the store the next time you are there. It is usually on sale, and even if it is not, it still costs like $6.

This is my holy grail lotion. I am on my third bottle. It is a lotion that you can go back to during the day and the smell won't overwhelm you. Definitely a great thing to have at a desk at work. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by rhorner79

Love it. Love the smell, love the formula, love the effects. I am very prone to razor burn and general irritation on my legs, and this doesn't create problems at ALL. I also have a fair amount of KP on my upper arms, and this doesn't aggravate that (it seems to help somewhat, to be honest). Curel just works-- it has been a long, dry winter, and I am not flaky, itchy, or otherwise. I will buy this forever.
ETA: There is also a lavender-scented version of this out there that is somewhat harder to find-- I love that one too!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by goldenfae

this was sticky, which is to be expected, but not moisturizing. the sticky/waxiness i'll deal with, if it had any effect. but i was just as dry after it wore off as before i put it on. a thicker layer may work but i'll just be more coated in wax. i wish it worked because the scent is wonderful. its a very light vanilla, where warm vanilla sugar is a lot stronger and has more sandalwood.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by flossfairy

I purchased this lotion after talking to a friend on the phone. She was describing how much she loved the way her lotion smelled. She was describing creamy vanilla and honey. When I asked her what it was, I was expecting something out of my lotion price range because it sounded so simple and delightful. I was so surprised when she sheepishly admitted that it was just Curel.

Later, at the grocery store, I hunted down the lotion to take a sniff. It was nice. . .creamy and soft. It didn't seem like it would interfere with fragrance, but seemed like it would be yummy to apply.

When I tested it at home, I was surprised to feel how "watery" the thick lotion felt. I didn't expect much in the way of moisture, but I was very surprised. It absorbed quickly and didn't leave a trace of greasy lotion feeling on my hands and body. The lines in my hand created by the dry winter air disappeared upon application.

I also like that this lotion doesn't sting after shaving and that the moisture seems to last. So often I'll apply a creamy-feeling lotion only to have flaky skin an hour later. This lotion just plain works for me. The nice scent is a bonus :)