October 21, 2014 | 1995 users online

Shampoo - Nexxus - Assure Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by madaba

I hate this shampoo. Impossible to rinse out properly and doesn't lather up well. I'd be better off with a store brand than with this garbage. Don't buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had a coupon for 10% off so I decided to try this after dying my hair blonde. At first, I liked it. My color still seemed as strong as the day I walked out of the salon. However, a couple weeks went by and my hair felt so greasy by the crown. It felt disgusting. I figured it had to be the new detangler I was using (it's a 10) and stopped using it to see if that was the cause but my hair still felt so greasy. I stopped using this shampoo once and my hair went back to its normal texture. I am so disappointed in this product. I do not wash my hair so it can be greasy when I dry it. I bought the bigger bottle so now I have this huge bottle that will go to waste. Such a waste of money since this is way more than I usually spend on shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Ceciliaaaa

I used this shampoo right after I coloured my hair in red. It works pretty well. The vibrant color stayed for at least a month before I noticed some fading. Now, it's been 3 months since I last coloured my hair and the colour's still there though most of the red tone disappeared. The smell lingers in your hair, not too strongly, and it lathers well without stripping all of the moisture. I use it every 2 days and in between, I switch it with a more gentle shampoo cause it's strong. A dollop usually does the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

This is amazing. Made my hair so shiny! It has a great smell and a great lather. One of the best shampoos I have ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by itsmek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have waist length, dry, loosely curly hair. It's baby fine but I have a lot of it.
I tried this shampoo when I was visting my parents over the summer. I have dry hair and since it was for colored hair, I assumed it would be the least drying shampoo out of the ones they had. Needless to say I was horribly wrong .
This shampoo is hands down one of the worst I've ever used. My scalp was even dryer than the time I used dishwashing soap to get rid of a bad dye job years ago. It left my hair with absolutely no shine. My hair looked matte.
And the texture it left my hair in was bizarre. It wasn't that it left it dry or coated (it was both) but the fact that it had somehow transformed my hair into feeling like plastic. It felt exactly like a dolls. Which makes me wonder what crazy sort of chemicals they put in it.
I usually wash my hair every other day, but after using this I had to wait several days to wash it again as I was afraid of irritating my fried out scalp further.The weird plasticy feeling disappeared the next time I washed it but it took quite a while for my scalp to settle down.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2009 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Lileane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently purchased this shampoo as my hair is getting very long and I thought I should invest in a quality salon shampoo to maintain its health and shine. I have thick, long, black asian hair that has never been coloured or had anything much done to it apart from the odd cut. I have to say I am hugely disappointed in it. After hearing a rave recommendation from a store assistant in the salon, I was talked into buying it. I don't have much experience with hair products, but it was very difficult to lather. It left my hair incredibly tangled and difficult to brush through. If I even managed to get the brush all the way down my hair length, to put it through the same portion of hair again was still a nightmare. It seems to make my hair want to stick together and resist brushing, for want of a better description/explanation.

Hopefully it works for other hair types, I would not be recommending this shampoo to anyone with my hair type.

The only reason I have given it a rating of 1 is that it has managed to extend my days between washes from 2 to 3.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by dorirose

I used to really like the old formula, it cleaned well and left my hair shiny with lots of body. I picked up a bottle the other day only to be really disappointed and find that they have changed the formula. The old formula was pink, kind of thick and smelled like skittles. This stuff was white, runny, loaded with way too many bubbles, smelled different, made my scalp itch and left my hair lackluster and weighed down. It is now more like Pantene, if I wanted Pantene I would have bought Pantene for a cheaper price. I have already thrown away the receipt since I thought I knew what I was buying, hope Kroger will take it back. I am very disappointed, Nexxus shouldn't be trying to fix something that isn't broke to begin with!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far one of the best Shampoos if you color your hair regularly. I color mine a a deep shade of red and anyone who dyes their hair red knows how quickly the color fades out. Now I am not staying this is going to stop the "fade" but it sure as Hades is gonna slow it down a great deal. I discovered this on a special and bought it just for kicks and giggles. Well, now I am completely hooked on this product, it does wonderful things for my hair and keeps the color nice and bright and shiny. I have very thick, fast growing hair and it will absorb almost any moisture I give it. I combine this with Humectress or Color Assure conditioner and it is a winning combo. I have repurchased the product several times and will continue to do so. It is definitely worth it to keep my $6.95 hair dye job looking as good as possible. It also seems to make my hair "behave" better. No, it is not cheap, I think I paid approx. $8-9 in Walmart for a bottle, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by KatieBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I naturally have very thick, wavy, brown hair that I straighten and blow dry every other day, but I recently had my hair bleached blonde. My husband would see me pick this shampoo up everytime we went to the store, but because of the price, I would get something cheaper. Well this last time he put it in the buggy for me and I was like "that stuff is so expensive". I couldn't wait to use it but I had to wait because I just had my hair done that day. A day or so later, I used it along with the conditioner and heat spray and my hair feels so healthy and smooth. I'm so glad he bought this for me because I wouldn't have done it myself and then I would have missed out on the best shampoo and conditioner I've ever used. My hair always felt dry and damaged and it use to look like straw almost.....not anymore. I LOVE this stuff!!!!! On the downside, I can see where some of you say it dries your scalp out but I stopped scrubbing and just lathered it on...it works better that way. I reccomend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am constantly trying different shampoos, and for awhile there was using Nexxus Color Assure. Then I switched to Biolage and others for awhile, and boy did I regret changing from Nexxus! Nexxus gave my hair real body, and kept my scalp clean and itch-free - I could even go without shampooing for several days without feeling like a complete grunge. Since my scalp tends to be on the oily side, I can understand why some people may think its a bit harsh, but for me it makes my scalp feel wonderful. (I do always use a conditioner anyway, so I haven't noticed my hair getting dry.) It may not be for everyone, but for me it works.