September 30, 2014 | 1743 users online

Gels/Soaps - mark - Lemon Sugar Shower Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this scent and it does linger slightly for me once I get out of the shower. It's more sugary in scent than lemony, which I prefer. It lathers pretty well. I'd buy it again for the scent alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mark.'s Lemon Sugar 3-in-1 Shampoo, Shower Wash, and Bubble Bath is from Mark.'s Self Sanctuary line of bath and body products. I got this in a set with a Juice Gem's lip gloss for $5.75, which is an epic value considering this product alone retails for $8 for 6.7 fl oz, not to mention the Juice Gem's gloss, which is $6.50. Steal. Avon and Mark. do not test on animals. This shower gel was made in the USA. I'll review each function of this 3-in-1 product individually.
I like the packaging of this shower gel. but I believe Mark. repackaged it recently. This bottle is tall, round, and thin, made of of clear, frosted plastic. The cap is a bright pink flip top. The label features Mark. written in pink, and Self Sanctuary written in brown cursive. The rest of the information is written in light orange text, which was pretty poor planning, considering the background is yellow. Other than failing at some of the text's color selection, this is some pretty cute packaging.
The product it's self is a light, pearly yellow. The gel is thick and almost creamy. At first, with just a quick whiff, it smells like like lemon scented multipurpose cleaner. Unpleasant. Take another, deeper, sniff and you'll findit smells like the complete opposite. It has a strong lemon scent that's only slightly tart. There's also a sugary, warm, vanilla aspect to it, it meshes really well the lemon scent. The warmth of the vanilla really balances out the cool lemony citrus scent. Mark. did a fantastic job at creating this scent.
Now to consider each of the functions of this 3-in-1 product.
First off, shampoo. This is a really basic shampoo. It doesn't make any claims, and doesn't do anything special. It merely cleans your hair, makes it smell nice, and gives it a silky shine. The same any decent shampoo would do. One thing to mention when using this as a shampoo, you need to use quite a bit, as Lemon Sugar doesn't lather well in the hair. It takes a lot to work it into enough lather to spread through your hair. It leaves a refreshing, tingly feeling on the scalp, I think it's the lemon.
Lemon Sugar works much better as a shower gel. It lathers easier on the skin, so you only need a small amount. It's a creamy shower gel, so your skin feels nice and silky after rinsing. The lemon sugar scent lingers for a few hours. Coupled with the matching body butter or body spray, you could probably stay lemony fresh all day.
Unfortunately, Lemon Sugar fails as a bubble bath. So much so that I wouldn't even call it a bubble bath, as much as a murky, greasy looking film on top of the water. Pouring a bit under running water causes it to bubble briefly, but within in a minute or two the bubbles melt into cloudy water. It looks like the the gross film that covered the pool at my high school. Unpleasant. It still smells nice though.
Overall, Mark.'s Lemon Sugar 3-in-1 works best as a shower gel, but is still an ok shampoo. It's good for traveling, if you don't want to take much with you. I feel like Mark.'s shower gels are one of their standout products, along with their brushes, perfumes, and lip glosses.
If you like lemony scents, Lemon Sugar is definitely for you. It's the best lemon scent I've come across. I suggest looking into Mark.'s Lemon Sugar gift set, as it's the best value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Heavenly! I just love this scent it is a real pick me up scent, it lathers well and leaves no residue. I always keep a bottle of this in my shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great Lemony/Sugar scent....sweet & tart (not as sweet & lemon poundcake-like as BBW Hello Sugar, but along those same lines! I love them both, for slightly different reasons). This shower gel was a fantastic bargain (Body Butter, Shower Gel, and fragrance for $20) and although its not a huge bottle it is nicely lathering, wonderfully scented (that lasts, although softly) and moisturizing. Very awesome to layer with the body butter & spray. I will repurchase this, it's a perfect summery scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

I decided to try this scent in a body wash instead of a spray, as I usually test out scents before I get the perfume, just in case I don't like it. I was hoping this would be similar to Fresh's Lemon Sugar, but this is a lot more lemony IMO. I got a lot of lemon with only a little bit of sugar in this scent. It is a very fresh citrus lemon scent, nice and refreshing. It bubbled nicely for me in the bath, and is somewhat moisturizing as well. For only $5, its not a bad purchase at all, but I will try something else next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this shower gel. Great way to start the morning - sunny, citrus scent that both DH and I love. Smells like fresh squeezed lemonade with lots of sugar, just the way I like it :) Lathers nicely, rinses clean, no-fuss container that isn't tough to manipulate in the shower.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This didn't lather well on me. I didn't care for the smell. I like more of a lemon citrus smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you like lemon scents you will most likely enjoy this shower gel. I've been using mine to layer with my Shalimar Light. Very realistic lemon frosting scent. The cons of this product was the price- $6-$7 for a 6 oz. bottle. A bit expensive for the size when you can get better brands at 8oz for less. Tho, I enjoy the scent of this, the price might keep me from repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by mom23cutekids7

Again, love the smell, the product works great!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2007 4:00:00 AM More reviews by thebeautybuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff smells soooooooooooooooooo yummy, like freshly made lemon merinque pie! it's a great product at a great price, but.....it smells so good, it stimulates my appetite! i love it but can't repurchase due to my weight gain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!