October 20, 2014 | 2100 users online

Lipstick - Shu Uemura - Lipstick

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by basquette

Shu Uemura's lipstick has AMAZING packaging. Picking it up from my purse or pocket gives me such a glamorous, modern feeling. But that's pretty much it for me. I was desperately looking for a good lipstick which I could use every day. I'm not even sure what colour I bought, but it says BG 945 on the bottom if that helps anyone. The salesman picked it out for me, and told me to go for the shimmery not matte version, because the matte tended to make dry lips look VERY dry, so it was pretty much impossible to use without any chalk or balm underneath.

The colour looked a lot better in the store, and I found it to be a bit too pinkish after having put it on for a while. So an advice is to not jump into you decision of buying this lipstick, it's not exactly cheap. But all that was ok. The one thing that didn't go well with me is how DRY they made my lips. I used balm underneath the lipstick, and I've applied it a total of 4-5 times now. Every time they dry out my lips and make the skin flake. I do have somewhat sensitive skin, and there have been products which have made my lips itch and such (Shu Uemura did that to me too) but never give such a foul reaction. I tried this repeatedly and with the same result each time. So it's either a really bad lipstick or I'm having some really foul luck. But I won't be trying it again, hopefully I'll be able to give away this product somehow but I dislike it so much I can't imagine giving it to my friends. I didn't mind the price so much, but it's not cheap. And there are so many other lipsticks out there which are more worth your time and money. That's what I believe.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by iluvvader9

I bought this lipstick on Hautelook almost a year ago and I still really love it. The color that I have is a coral-beige color which is good for everyday wear and it's pretty natural and subtle. The texture of this lipstick is very smooth and silky. It's easy to apply and swipe on the lips. However, it's not that pigmented (at least the color that I have). It's very moisturizing, but one downside to this product has it sort of has a greasy feeling when I apply it on my lips. It's kind of like I just finished eating some oily fried chicken or something. Therefore, the product doesn't stick that well to my lips, it comes off quite easily. Overall, it's pretty decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by PMNIKOLA

I love My SHU LIP STICK-
I love the fact that when my color fades-it hasn't changed to a ugly shade like reds go orange and purples go pale pastels NOPE NOT WITH SHU!
I will agree with you guys its not that moisturizing through out the whole day-but I use the Dep Sea Lip Balm-totally dream come true even my boyfriend uses it-we wake up with soft lips.
But-Shu lipstick is by far the most hydrating formula I have ever tried and color doesn't slip off my lip.
Packaging-first I though O.M.G its so dollar store.
But now its great-Straight to the point-never locks on me and the cap never falls off and its super light-
Shu lips stick a must have in my purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must be in the minority here because I have never found any Shu lipstick formulation to be moisturizing past initial application. They remind me of NARS lipsticks--non-cakey, thin, and not really drying, but definitely not moisturizing. I prefer NARS formulas myself. Shu offers beautiful colors, but lots of nudes which tend to look the same on my lips. I feel like Shu's claim to fame in the lipstick arena is no longer valid in 2010.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by babsvs

My HG neutral lipstick is Shu Uemura BR710. It is in the brown collection, but I see it as a really unique neutral that is at the intersection of pink, peach and beige. It feels wondefrul on my lips, and is very moisturizing. Best of all, it and fragrence free.

I read about this color in a magazine article, recommending it as the best choice for people with fair complexions. I am not really a person who goes out of their way for neutral lipsticks, but this one has changed my mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the packaging. Good color pay off and non-drying. Too bad this item is so pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by huay_huay

Shu Uemura has great lipsticks. They glide on smoothly, are moisture rich and make your lips look full. Thou they dun last thru a meal, I would rather reapply during the day than have the dry lip look offered by those lipsticks that promise 'not to kiss off'.

Some have commented that Shu Uemura's lipstick packaging is not lavish or eye-catching. I do not bother about this really cos I apply the lipstick in the privacy of the ladies, so the packaging just needs to be easy to use. What matters to me is the lipstick's texture, how it feels against your lips and the range of colours offered. Shu Uemura really has a vast colour palette for their pdts that anyone can dream of.

As i look rather pale, most of the lipstick colours do not suit me as it is either too bright or dark against my skin. I am not someone who likes the chilli red lips look or the gothic look. I like to look fresh and not overdone. After many years of using Shu Uemura lipsticks, I finally found the colour suited for my skin type. BG 940M. This gives my lips a subtle but visible pinkish/beige hue and it's suited for full makeup (eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner) as it does not take attention away from the eyes.

I recommend this colour to anyone who is into the fresh look and has fair to pale skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by chanteuselaur

I am NW15, and I wear a lot of red lipstick. I occasionally wear a 60s pink. Used to love MAC Snob and if they still have it I may have to go there again. The Shu Uemura pinks are quite amazing. I have the PK344 aqnd PK368, both of which I use with lip pencil pink 340. I am tempted to buy more colors...soon!!! PS I think all the packaging is dope on this line. It's cheeky and cool, and it's obviously designed with a certain aesthetic. I've read a few reviews call it cheap looking, and I disagree b/c the design is so cohesive, and I think it looks modern and urban. To me, Lancome packaging looks cheap because it's too common. I go for Chanel, Chantecaille, Shu Uemura...I can't get into Sheiseido. I'm under the impression they are the Japanese Lancome. Am I wrong? If someone can change my impression of that, do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by mookxi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good nude shades for east asian lips.

Recommendations for people with light east asian skin tones would be the 906 & for red the 165.

I've noticed that the nudes aren't as long-lasting as the reds, so they need to be reapplied more often during the day.

I'm a minimalist at heart so I reckon the packaging is perfect & simple.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 7:59:00 AM More reviews by pappygalore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BG949
I found my Holy Grail, muted pink/mauvey nudeish lipstick. I have almost bought/tried every MAC nude you could think of but this lipstick just works. I pair it with my favourite HG lipliner - Clinique Quickliner for lips 01 Lipblush. For evenings add clear lipgloss, it looks amazing.
I am a happy bunny!
I am of Salma Hayak colouring with fairly pigmented lips.
Very expensive but so good I already have a back up!