December 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cellex-C - High Potency Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I tried this years ago. The price was ridiculously high and it made my eye area bright red and irritated after just two uses. All it did for my facial skin was cause peeling. Save your money and try a BHA or AHA product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This product works not because of the Vitamin C, but of the low pH which cause the exfoliation. There are lots of AHA/Glycolic acid that does a better job. I laughed everytime I saw the spokeswoman appeared on the Shopping Channel, her forehead & eye area were so "botoxed frozen".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe how expensive this tiny bottle of smelly, burning, liquid is. I was so excited to try it, but it was hard to apply such a thin, watery formula. It smells horrible and it stung like a bee when applied. I transferred a small amount of the serum into a spray bottle, sprayed it into a cotton square and swiped my face. I used this for exactly TWO DAYS. It clogged my pores so bad, I looked a bit more tan. Or maybe just dirty. I have a 10x magnification mirror and took a look at this face of mine and nearly cried. I had HUGE blackheads on my lips, never in my life had I gotten such huge blackheads. I was disgusted. I ended up squeezing this gunk outta my face for about 2 hours and then cried after I sat back and saw how I destroyed my face. It is now a bigger mess than I began with and I had decent skin prior to using this junk. I can't even describe how gross this stuff is. And it's such a bad ending because I can't return it and it caused me to pick so bad I cried. This stuff is made by Lucifer himself. I'm gonna try to swap it, but I am honest and I don't know anyone who would be willing to swap with me for the Devils urine, and I'm not gonna lie about the results after usage. Maybe I can use it as a weapon of mass destruction and fight terrorist, because even the worst of the worst terrorist would run from this poison. I will NEVER buy this again and I am weeping tears of sorrow all because of this small jar of SHIT. I will GIVE THIS AWAY and even pay for postage if anyone is willing to try it or has tried it and (gasp) likes it. FREE FREE FREE! I can't throw it away because it was about 12 hours of work BEFORE taxes for me. I hate wasting. I only waste time. Like the time I wasted on this review for this Serum a-la clog your pores with major gunk.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by junkfood1991

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product contains 10% L-ascorbic acid which is quite good 4 the vitamin c beginners like myself, BUT the serum was already quite yellowish when I received it. I just think that means the product is no longer effective and for the price that u pay, this serum is not worth it. Plus it stung a lot when i applied this (ok i also used glycolic, retinoid which might hv sensitized my skin). I'm sure there r better options out there with a more reasonable price tag. I hv decided to pour this serum down the sink as it's quite yellow.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by mandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this for 440 AED; that's roughly 120 USD.
The solution seemed to sit on my face, and dry after a while, just like water would; it did not sink into my face.
I also noticed no positive effect. It stang a bit my face after application. Was not incolour when bought; they do say that a slight oxidation does not affect the quality of the product, but from what I read, many disagree with that.
There's a lot of product there, and the pump allows for a clean handling, and precise dosation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by dstamnitz2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

NO NO NO. I just dropped the bottle--glass--and it shattered on my floor, spilling $125 worth of product. I will never buy it again for that reason.

This is one of my holy grail products. It comes in two strengths, 10% and 17%. The last time I bought it I got 17% and it is a bit too much for my sensitive skin. I can only use it every other night.

This stuff can work wonders on the texture of your skin, and can even out pigmentation. You have to use it for a while, but it works. It is non-greasy and absorps quickly. I don't like the packaging because it is a little stopper bottle and it is too easy to knock it over on the counter (which I have done, and it is an expensive spill). It is also very expensive, but lasts a long time (I use two drops for my face and neck). I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product,it keep my skin even toned.It is drying out skin if I dont put cream on within 5 minutes after aplication,but it works for me.The only thin I am worry about is even I keep it in refrigirator,it turn out dark color,so I hope it is still effective.! bottle I use within 3 month.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Pounce53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Cellex for years along with Obagi. It's expensive, but in combination with Obagi Clear and Blender+Complex A it really does keep my skin clear and line free. It really is the only Vitamin C product that's delivered for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by belle_30x

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Snake oil?

I used this a few years ago in conjunction with teh hydra 5 complex, and I found it to be entirely too drying. I felt the claims made by the company to fade sun spots and fine lines were bogus. I noticed no difference whatsoever other than dry skin. I used it for several months. I honestly wonder if anyone here really experienced benefits, or if it's just a super hyped product. I went to my dermatologist and asked him for something to fade my sunspots and decrease fine lines and when I mentioned that this product wasn't really effective, he said he didn't recommend it for what I was trying to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by LoveRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product. My skin looked brighter and was softer within days! Great for neck and chest also. A bit expensive, but works well so it is worth the price.