December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Verbena soap

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really hate the scent of this soap. It is very sweet. It smells like an Italian Ice. I don't know why, but I thought it would have more of a grassy smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by hussam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree that the soap is VERY expensive. I live in Saudi Arabia and the 250g bar of soap is about $12 US. But I love the smell, lather and the way it leaves me feel. And I try to rationalize the cost by telling myself that one bar lasts three to 4 times longer than regular soap. Call me crazy, but I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This soap smells great, and was great for my skin when I was getting rashes and burns from a sunscreen allergy one summer. However, now that my skin has returned to normal once I found out what was causing it to act up, I probably won't buy it again.

I got one of the really big cakes of soap for $10. Although I know that L'Occitane is a high end brand and also prides itself as being natural, gentle on skin, and...well... expensive, I have to admit I felt kinda stupid forking over $10 for a bar of soap.

It would be good for a gift, but other than desperate times when my skin is in a really bad condition, I would not buy it again for myself.

I can clean myself just fine with cheaper soaps, and as long as I have a good body butter I do not really see a need to fork over this much for a bar of soap for everyday use.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by vleesu

I got this is part of a gift set of 4 soaps. I tried this one first. I think I have an allergy to lemon/citrus because this gave me the worst rash.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by iAMrandom1096

I LOVE this soap. It smells very real, unlike some other lemony soaps that smell like the stuff you use to clean the windows o___o. It's almost a sour smell but still very lemon-y. It lathers well for a bar soap and it really cleans you! At first, I only used it as a soap for my hands, and it left them SO clean!! The only downside to this product is the price. It's almost as expensive as Lush soaps!! Well.. not really but still!! :D Anyways, I still love this product. And I got my mom hooked on it too! So I will deff. repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by anguyent

I got a few bars as a gift and liked it a lot. I also have the shower gel and the hand lotion. I love the smell that much. The bath bar had some other exfoliating stuff in it which I liked. It also has a nice lather and did not dry my skin. I still have a few bars yet that I haven't used it...I kind of like to collect soaps and may use one soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Tink027

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great lather, surprisingly moisturizing because I find soaps that clean squeaky well tend to be a bit drying. And I love the smell :) I left my room for like two hours after a shower and came back to find my room smelling of citrus. A tad bit pricey, but worth paying for. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by rosemerry56

This is what I've been looking for. A hearty bar of good quality soap. This review is for the 8.8 oz. shea butter extra gentle verbana soap. It's big but easy to handle which is a good thing because if I drop it, I could break a toe. Anyway, the first thing I do when I get in the shower is bring it to my nose and inhale - a wonderful clean citrusy scent. Lathers beautifully. $10/bar but considering the size, quality and the fact that it should last forever, I consider it a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this located next to my kitchen sink on the lovely L'Occitane soap dish (the square white ceramic one). I LOVE this soap. I am hoping to buy more items in this scent. It is nice, good lather, a very hard, sturdy soap. No melty, gooey soaps next to my sink! It smells great. Before I use the soaps, I place them in my linen closet and then when it is time to use it, I bring it out and it lasts FOREVER! I also own the lavender...still sitting in the closet with my towels. Very clean, fresh, scent. Nothing fake about it. Loving L'Occitane. Oh, and I have the regular sized square one. Not the leaf shaped one or the baby travel ones. This is good--palm sized for in the kitchen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful soap. It has all the great qualities of the milk soap - great lather, moisturizing, and long lasting, but with an incredibly intoxicating scent. The scent doesn't really linger after you bathe, but it makes showering a great experience.