Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for Thick or Coarse Hair

4.4

Water (Aqua/EAU), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Behenyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Oleate, Fragrance/Parfum, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Hydrolysed Keratin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Hydrolysed Algin, Sea Water/Maris Aqua/EAU De Mer, Clorella Vulgaris Extract, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Aminopropyl Dimethcone, Glutamic Acid, Stearyl Dihydropropyldimonium, Oligosaccharides, Octyldodecanol, Steartrimonium Chloride, Arginine, Propylene Glycol, PEG-6 Methyl Ether Dimethicone, PEG-90M, Glycerin, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Orange 4 (CI15510), Yellow 5 (CI19140).

on 5/2/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this treatment very much I have a very dry and problematic hair so it leaves my hair feeling wonderful for me is a very good product for a very rasonable price so Im going to use this product for a long time until I find something more good but right now is one of my most used treatments

I'm not so sure if this is a great product for people with thick and coarse hair, but I CAN say that it is amazing for someone with a lot of frizz. I use this all the time and I don't find my hair greasy or oily at all (and I even apply this closer to the crown of my head close to where I get the most frizz). When I use it I actually find my curls more defined and not weighed down at all. So if you are trying to find something to calm down your frizz, you should try this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wowza! I hardly ever write reviews, but I had to on this one. My hair is past my shoulders, colored and has old highlights, is thick, coarse, wavy and just plain poofy and super dry. And I have tons of it!!! My hair met its match. This stuff is AMAZING. My new holy grail. I knew it the moment I started rinsing my hair. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed (which btw I think is necessary and may be why some reviewers didnt like it - because they needed to rinse it out more) and it still felt super soft and silky while wet. You know how with some thinner conditioners you get to a moment when you rinsed too much and you think oh crap, I gotta add a little more? Not with this stuff . It clings. As usual, I let it air dry for a while, and I could tell even then my hair was soft and calm and not its normal wiry crazy self. I then blew it dry. And guess what - My hair was under control!!! I usually have to iron the whole head, bit by bit. But with this stuff, all I had to do was iron the top layers and I was done. Like I said, AMAZING. The only thing that made my hair obey like that was a fresh Brazilian Blowout. No exaggeration here. This stuff rocks. Just rinse it well.

on 10/12/2014 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Made my dry curly hair greasy and sticky.After reading this reviews I was really excited and bought it.I guess it doesn't work for everyone.

on 7/27/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have very damage hair , natural wavy,dry hair due to a balayage highlights and thick I found this in marshalls for only $8 and and used it and it left my hair super soft and less frizzy I do flat iron my hair every other day do you could just imagine all the torture I do to my hair I really commended this the secret is to only put very little and only I'm your ends as is very concentrated . I knew this already Becuase my hair dresser had told me already about this product and he said that he had a hard time working with this but he realized you only need very little

on 7/12/2014 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have long, light brown, very thick, coarse, wavy virgin hair and this conditioner is terrible for me. It's full of dimethicone ( too much for me I guess, 3rd on the ingredients list ) which makes my hair greasy, matte, and hard to style ( I only blow dry it using a round brush )
It's hard to rinse out - first time I used it, I rinsed like I normally would with different conditioners and my hair looked like I put vaseline on it. Leaves my hair frizzy, dry and oily at the same time.
The fragrance they use in it is very strong and there's lots of it ( high on the inredients list ). I don't like the smell - soapy, cheap perfumey, very chemical, the kind that can give you a migraine. Also, my scalp didn't like it ( obviously, I never put it near my roots, but when you rinse, small amouts will always travel to the scalp ) - was a little itchy and more oily than usual. Rather expensive, won't be repurchasing.

I am really confused about this product. This use to be my holy grail a couple years ago when I had bleached hair. Fast forward to now. I encountered a lot of damage to my hair a week ago from today (full foil of hi-lights gone wrong & dyed hair back dark 2 days later.) I immediately thought of this stuff. But now when I use it, I don't get the same great results as back then (and my hair is as damaged, if not WORSE. than when I first used this stuff.) Now when I use it, It never rinses out clean. It does not matter if I use a tiny amount and rinse like crazy.. It still leaves my hair coated with the product. After my hair dries it looks like my hair has been drowned in a coconut or olive oil treatment. I would say duh, it's just too heavy for my hair.. But my hair is fried, feels like rubber when it's wet, and needs just as much moisture as it does protein. I don't know guys.. I use to love it but now I can't keep it from giving me residue! =/ I am sticking with my It's a 10 hair mask for now until I find something even better.

on 1/12/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Awesome stuff! I've been using a different product line for a long time and have recently discovered that I was allergic. Needless to say I needed to switch and find a new shampoo and conditioner. I don't know why I didn't use this sooner! I will definitely repurchase this along with the Joico sulfate free shampoo. I'm looking forward to getting the same amazing results all the time in my 4a/3c transitioning hair :) it's expensive and the packing is awkward but it's so worth it!

on 11/24/2013 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Didn't really do anything for my dry hair. I've actually bought this two times; The first time I tried this was after bleaching and coloring my hair. At the time my hair was sooo dry and porous, I didn't expect any product to work, really. Used it a few times, hoping the moisture level of my hair strands would improve, but nah, no difference. I ended up giving it away. Bought it again because of the high reviews, silly me! This time my hair was not that damaged, and only slighlt dry. Made my hair feel a little bit smoother while in the shower, but after rinsing and letting my dry hair it was back to normal. I've had more success with drugstore conditioners, even the dirt cheap ones.

I wanted to give this product one lippie only - it's quite expensive, and it didn't improve the condition of my hair at all, not a wee bit. But I gave it two, as Iit didn't make my hair worse. Hmm. It has some nice ingredients, don't know why it didn't work for me...

As a side note, I bought the Kerastase Bain Miroir shampoo (no. 2? Think they d/c or reformulated it). I didn't really expect much from a shampoo, I put my money in treatments and conditioners instead. But after ONE wash my hair felt smoother and shinier, and it even removed brassy tones..!! So, it cannot be that my hair was too damaged. I tried the Masquintense treatment too, for thick/coarse hair, and it made my hair almost too smooth!

on 10/26/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far the best hair treatments i've used. I have naturally wavy, leaning towards curly, thick hair. I wash my hair every other day. sometimes my scalp can get oily but most of the time the majority ends of my hair are split ends. I do use heat protectant on my hair when i straighten it but it still manages to stay dry and brittle. then i came across this product in a warehouse sale for about 9 dollars so i decided to give it a try and 2 years later i'm still using this product. i think the buttery ingredients in this treatment is where all the magic comes from. every time i would squeeze a decent sized glob onto my palms and apply it on my hair, starting from the ends, then i would use my fingers to comb through the rest of the remaining product only hands to the rest of my hair. i usually tie it up then move on to body wash. after that, i would rinse the balm out of my hair and instantly, i just feel a huge difference in my hair. it detangles, soften, and smooths out your hair. this a wonderful product i would recommend this to anyone who has coarse dry hair like myself.