April 21, 2014 | 1221 users online

Conditioner - Joico - Moisture Recovery

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I bought this because there was a sale on it for $10. I like the smell - it smells fresh, airy and aquatic, I would say. The smell is VERY much like John Frieda Luxurious Volume Full Conditioner - the fragrance is nearly identical. I would say the two conditioners are very similar in performance too.

In general, this conditioner is good, but nothing exceptional. I got the same result as with many other conditioners, but I'll see if I change my mind after some time or not - maybe this will give some long term benefits as it has a lower pH than many other conditioners. In general, I haven't ever been wow'ed by Joico's products. They smell nice, but I can can find things that do equally much for my hair for a cheaper price. The conditioner is definitely not bad, which is why it gets 4*, but don't think paying full price for it is worth it. It's more of a luxury than a necessity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Intermission

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Joico's Moisture Recovery Treatment Lotion for fine/normal hair.
It is meant to be used as a conditioner after your shampoo.
I would recommend this product for anyone who dyes or processes their hair. it helps mend dry ends and keeps frizz away but nothing mind-blowing.
I wouldn't re-purchase though, simply because I feel there are better quality hair products available to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kmfl84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favourite conditioner so far.

I have wavy, mid back fine brown hair; the bottom 1/2 has been dyed, and the top 1/2 is virgin.

My hair has ALWAYS been really dry and frizzy! I have been on the hunt for my HG conditioner to try to bring my hair back to life. And this has come the closest so far!

The only downside is that it weighs down my curls a little, but i'll take that over having crispy, fried ends any day! I don't have to leave it on for ages for it to work, either.

Once my hair has air-dried, i run a wide-tooth comb through the mid lenghts and ends to get rid of knots and loose hairs. This conditioner leaves my hair shiny and almost completely tangle free!

It's pricey, but it does come in a rather large bottle, so it's not too bad value for a salon brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by alexiezizka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner leaves my ends looking smooth and shiny, without weighing my hair down. My hair feels silky and smells wonderful after use. The scent is fresh and clean, yet subtle enough so that it does not clash with shampoo or other hair products. At $14.99 for a liter at TJ Maxx, this was a steal. I will be buying again when I run out in the not-so-near future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

FINALLY ... Find a decent moisturising shampoo and conditioner.
I love to spend on hair products and i m person that never buy drugstore brands but only salon. Over the years i have tried nearly all of them including very $$ ones. Also i have been using for long period Kerastase , Pureology , Redken but didn't find any HG . My last try was Moroccan oil S & C it was better than the others but still not great. My hair is fine , wavy and VERY dry. I constantly abuse with bleach , highlights and colours. I also suffer split ends and my worst nightmare is the amount of frizz my hair have. And to add to all the abuse i do to my hair i live in area with VERY hard water ( i do use 1 x 10 days Joico clarifying shampoo for that which is life saver for me )
Right after trying so many brands and types ( for damaged hair / for dry hair / coloured hair / fine hair ) all i wanted or my hair needed was moisture. Proteins don't do much for my hair but i still use ones every two weeks just to make sure i add some protein as i constantly use bleach on my hair.
After reading on the boards about Joico moisture i decide to try , so i bought the shampoo conditioner set. Honestly this is the best ever MOISTURE set i have ever used.
My last try was Moroccan Oil but wasn't as moisturising as it claimed. I just start the Joico and i saw IMMEDIATELY results. My hair is always shiny and super soft as well as the frizz is reduced significantly . Honestly i can't believe i finally found something that work that good.
I don't have problem using this on my FINE hair at all. To add i also use the balm that is for thick hair. But only apply on mid / ends.
Absolutely love it and will stick with it.
If you concerns are dryness - please try this. I believe there is nothing better.

PS just to add i also used Pureology Hydrate line which was the worst. As long as i used as dryer my hair was going. Not sure why as i use to love this brand but they change the formula ??

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Breighp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. Very conditioning for extensions also. I had been using quality masks and they were not as good as this conditioner. I did get it in the pack with shampoo and together my hair is clean and soft where before I had given up on what to use to de tangle and keep it soft and healthy without being too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by pattyk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite conditioner, I tried one from Sally's recently, a Moroccan Oil one which was more expensive and I didn't like it nearly as much. So happy to be back to my old favorite. It leaves my hair soft and moisturized. I have medium textured, dry, wavy (grey/color treated) and lots of it. I have been through a couple large pump bottles of this and would absolutely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by jkpesaturo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is exactly what I needed. I have been looking for five months for a replacement for the reformulated Redken All Soft which is now ineffective for me. This comes close to the older All Soft conditioner. I have tried them all, Pureology, Tigi, B&B, etc. They all accomplish one thing - there great at making my hair frizzy and poofy. I don't need massive amounts of volume and this does the job for a reasonable price. A good basic conditioner for normal/dry hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice conditioner, it's not to thick or to thin and it's light blue colored. The scent is fresh and unisex, If you like sporty/watery scents you will enjoy this but the scent doesn't linger long in my hair. This conditioner does a good job in keeping my hair fairly hydrated, I have been experimenting with my curling wand a lot lately and I havent noticed any changes to my hair and I think together with the shampoo and leave-in spray it keeps my hair hydrated enough. I also don't have to wash my long hair that often, with this duo I can get away with washing it once or twice a week without my hair looking greasy. The only downside I can think of is the price and the bottle design, it's hard getting the last bit of product out of the bottle. Get it if you want a conditioner that keeps your hair hydrated and you have the funds to spend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This is the best conditioner I've ever used and it is my HG. I'm pretty much a conditioner junkie because I have dry, thirsty hair that can get downright unruly if I don't take care of it with the right products. Like a lot of people, I've tried drugstore and I've tried high-end, tons of different brands and so forth. And nothing works for my hair like this does. I always come back to this because it never lets me down.
My hair is smoother, softer, more manageable when I use this. Keeps my hair in good shape, tangle-free, under control. It just looks BETTER when I use this vs. when I use something else.
The hunt is over- this conditioner is the one for me. Love it!