Rimmel Twisted Chic 655

3.0

on 12/17/2006 5:35:00 PM

Along with Eccentricity #651 and Audacity #653, this color is one of three Rimmel holiday topcoats. All three have the round large holo glitter in common. However the difference is the large square colored glitter. Twisted Chic has a reddish violet glitter where as Eccentricity has a yellowy golden glitter and Eccentricity has a lovely cool pastel pink glitter.

This polish is a bit schizoid since the round large holo bits are pale white silver and the glitter is a darker violet color. So you have to be careful about what you layer this with. I layered it at first over a pale taupe (Essie Jazz) and it really looked out of place. The word is that Twisted Chic looks better over a purple. It's been spotted over Misa Dreamy Purple and Milani Purple Passion to beautiful fun results and over Misa Dance Fever (silver silver glitter densely packed to punch) to less success. I think I will try it over a plummy purple such as Misa ... A Little Bit of That or Misa Majestic Purple.

I received this as a gift and although I cannot wait to try it I know I wouldn't use enough to repurchase but it does make for a very exciting topcoat. I haven't seen anything like it, points for being unique but a couple points off for not being as versatile a topcoat that you can really reach for more than for the fun holidays such as New Year's Eve and holiday parties.

Popular Polishes