December 19, 2014 | 1459 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Bourjois - Lovely Base Redness Correcting Base

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by butterfli8

I had tried the tester on my hands at Sephora and fell in love. I have a bit of a pinkish hue to my complexion, so when it faded out any trace of redness on my hands, I had to by it.

Turns out that on your face it's a whole different story. Somehow, it does not provide the same effect and I'm not the first to note this. It left my face looking dirty, and does not stay in place when putting on foundation.

True disapointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 5:53:00 AM More reviews by pupiq

I hate to write bad reviews cause then i realise that i had wasted my money! I agree with all the negative reviews,this does nothing except adding some green tinge on your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2008 4:51:00 AM More reviews by LucyBkind

What is this? A waste of money? Oh yes, that is correct, a waste of money. My cheeks usually have this blush/flush look, which I consider a flaw. So what do I do? I try to cover it up, but what does this do? It leaves an ashy film of crap on my face. When I used this as a "primer" my foundation just wipes it off, it makes me laugh and possibly die a little inside. I have tried it over and under my foundation, a little and a lot of product, with a sponge and my 252 brush. I feel bamboozled. Definitely would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 7:36:00 AM More reviews by ErinShepard

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually use Benefit's Your Bluffing stick, but it is very expensive (25 euros) and I don't like the dryness. I saw this green base at the supermarket and picked it up since the price was reasonable in comparison (10 euros).

I used it sparingly on a foundation brush on my slightly red zones and was very pleased with both the consistency and the effect.
I have a feeling that this is better for those with pale skin, like me, as it will leave you looking pasty, or grey if you have a darker complexion.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

i really wanted to like this product so after reading reviews about it i decided to give it a try. what a waste! it did nothing for the redness on my cheeks except leave them red. i first used alittle like people have said, and that didn't work. so the next day i used more and that still didn't work. plus it's pretty messy. all in all it sucked and back to ulta it went.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by 0ubliette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was attracted to this product after using Eucerin's redness correcting cream in the pen applicator, as I was looking for something with less packaging hassle and a slightly more liquid, easily-blendable consistency. This product is pricey (around $20), but a little does go a very long way (and take heed, because using more than a tiny bit will give you a sickly looking pallor with the slightest pastel green tinge). I have experienced no breakouts from this product. I have very fair, sensitive blemish prone oily skin with some moderate rosacea redness on my cheeks, nose and chin. This did just an okay job of toning down the redness and works well under foundation, lessening the need for heavy makeup. Mostly I found that it just made my pale, non-flushed areas paler still. Make sure that you are well moisturized before applying--it is fairly fluid, but has very little "slip" and will give you green patches where it clings to flakey spots. Overall, it's a mediocre redness reducer, and for the price, I will probably not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by kacesq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the nicer green-tinted primers, but this broke me out every time I used it. And even before the break-outs, I didn't notice much of a difference in reducing my redness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Arie

I'm very impressed with this lovely base. It evens out my skin tone, and does correct my redness. I tend to have redness of my cheeks and this evens out quite nicely.
I got a Lovely Base in #28 (green). You just need a tiny bit and spreadh evenly. Using too much, you will end up looking like the Mask. It does perform a nice job evening out and adjusting my skin tone. I'm pale but having natural rosy pink. This one does lighten up but not in a ghost-like way. It provides a matte finish.
I like dewy/luminous finish, so I add a Bourjois Lovely Party Luminous Base (#27) on to my Clinique Dewy Smooth (Cream #02) to lighten it up and provides even more natural glow to my super pale skin. By the way, my skin is much lighter than the lightest shade of the Clinique foundations. Great result... love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Corrects redness well. Easily absorbed, nice texture, all in all a very effective correcting base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Recently I had a chance to try this out and I was very impressed with its ability to gently neutralize redness without feeling heavy or masky. Lovely Base is *not* a concealer or foundation so don't expect it to cover flaws, instead its function is to neutralize/counteract red tones while letting your natural skin show through. The texture is similar to a liquid foundation and it soaks in pretty quickly, leaving a natural matte finish. Color-wise it's an aqua-green and pretty bright coming right from the tube, but once it's blended in the color disappears, along with a good portion of skin redness (thankfully!). For mild redness this would work perfectly by itself, and for slightly moderate redness under powder or mineral foundations. This will have no impact on disfiguring redness or on redness from birth marks such as port wine stains. For that, try an opaque liquid pigment/concealer like Colortration. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No