October 31, 2014 | 1311 users online

Moisturizers - Pangea Organics - facial cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by aimela

A llight moisturing cream with herbal scent. I used it as night cream, and I feel I need richer cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ahmerst

I received a sample of the Nigerian Ginger with Lavender & Thyme in my birchbox the other month. The smell of this is incredibly strong, and while I might be more okay with it if it was a hand cream or body lotion, I don't like such an overpowering scent on my face. I end up smelling it nonstop!

While it doesn't break me out, I don't feel like this moisturizes very much. I can put it on and still have my skin feel dry and like it wants more. Combined with the smell, I wouldn't buy this, and I may end up giving the sample away to a friend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I recently received a small sample of the Pangea Facial Cream in Nigerian Ginger with Lavender & Thyme. I actually really like the smell of the cream. It smells very relaxing; def smell hints of lavender and thyme making it smell very clean and refreshing. The cream is a yellow custard color and very moisturizing to the finger tips. However after applying it on my face, it was really sticky and I couldn't get the sticky-ness off my face. I gave it an hour and more to dry up, but it didn't dry. I had to re-wash my face and go back to my regular moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by yana60

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used Nigerian Ginger, Sweet Lavender & Thyme Facial Cream for normal/combo skin and it's OK. It smells fresh, herby, it absorbs quickly and my skin reacted fine to it but I don't see any particular benefits to it after a month of using. So, I feel like it's a pretty good lotion under make-up in the morning but that's about it. It's natural and I like the packaging so that's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by cherilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Malagasy Ylang Ylang & Linden Flower facial cream. I have sensitive skin that before would break out or dry out. This cream has reduced my break outs to practically nothing and has strengthened my skin against multiple stressors (internal, external).

It quickly absorbs into your skin and works well with makeup. Since it is a light moisturizer, I just add rose oil or use a serum in the winter to add more moisture. I am so incredibly happy I have found this product and my skin agrees :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bettybooplovesmakeup

I switch between the ones for demanding and oily skins, depending on what scent I feel like using that day. Apart from scent, I really see no big difference between the two. Both are great for day use on oilier skins, as they provide very light moisturization. I haven't broken out from either of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by gerrylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought the french chamomile and orange blossom (oily skin). used it twice and gave up on it. the smell was unpleasant and lingered. I wonder if they use alot of essential oils to cover up the strong (sunflower?) oil smell. the cream felt a little too thick, difficult to apply and did not absorb well. even though the ingredient list has many good nutrients for skin, i just didnt enjoy this cream. better ones out there for this price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the Fennel and Rosemary one. Yeah, this stuff is Breakout Central. The ingredients and so forth are amazing and it smells and feels good. But it's one of those deceptive lotions that goes on light and smooth, but in fact gives the same result as a very heavy cream (you know what I'm talking about, ladies!). Within 2 days I had a bunch of new small breakouts, the kind I get when something is too rich. Also, this has a lot of shea butter in it which happens to be a PORE-CLOGGING ingredient although for some reason the skincare world at large loves to pretend that it's not. (I have never used a product with shea that didn't clog my pores!)

Anyway, in spite of what it says on the label, please note that all the Pangea moisturizers would be best for a dry skin without a tendency to get clogged. I have combo skin and absolutely can't use this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm using the Egyptian Fennel, Rosemary, Mint one for Demanding Skin. I think the ingredients are excellent quality, but I'm on the fence as to whether this might be breaking me out. There's nothing in it that should other than Sweet Almond Oil, perhaps. In any event it's just a moisturizer, it doesn't claim to do anything other than put moisture back in a way that might be compatible with oily and/or acne prone skin. It smells really nice and it feels tingly and refreshing in summer. I use this on super hot days when my Suki velvet facial cream is just a little too much. Comes in a really nice hygienic pump and the size seems reasonable for the price ($27.99 at the earthy crunchy store). I probably won't repurchase just because I'm a product ho and it hasn't slayed me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by corawong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While using this product, I notice the texture of my skin has gotten smoother. I've used the facial cream for thirsty skin/dry skin and it smell very nice. i've also tried the facial cream for all skin types and it wasn't the most pleasant smell. I initially brought this product to help treat my eczema but it made little or no difference on the areas of my face with eczema. my one concern about the product is that it uses lavender alcohol. I don't know how good this ingredient will be if used on a long term on the skin. The packaging is very cute but overall i would not purchase this product again. Price point not bad either.