September 21, 2014 | 972 users online

Deodorants - Ombra Mild Deo Roll-on

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a part of my daily routine. If possible, I like that the products I wear every day have very few, if any, scary ingredients and this is most true about my deodorant. If you need a mild deodorant this does the trick. It also comes in a lovely glass bottle which I love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

This is a inexpensive product that does the job effectively. My son and I both use this product as we like natural products - we are both not prone to profuse sweating - but my it does not work as well for my daughter who perspires heavily. My minor complaint would be that this product takes a few minutes to dry thoroughly. I like the heavy-ish glass bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by bluediva

As far as natural deodorants go, this one is very effective and cost-effective. It's a clear liquid roll-on in a glass bottle. The list of ingredients is not entirely natural, but it contains no aluminum, and is pH5.5. I have sensitive skin, and this does not irritate me, although I never use it after shaving. I stick to natural deodorants, but I waitress, so I need something that is effective and long-lasting. This one works, and lasts all day, but mostly because it's an alcohol-gel formula with a heavy dose of fragrances. The smell is strong and fresh, sort of like Irish Spring or Lever2000 soap. I don't mind a deodorant that makes me smell like I just hopped out of the shower, but if you don't like this smell, you won't like this product. It contains Farnesol (a fragrance additive that can irritate sensitive skin) but does not bother my skin. It also contains chamomile oil (aka ormenis multicaulis) and a few other essential oils, plus other added fragrances. I mostly use Zaja Naturals deodorant sticks, but when I need something stronger, I reach for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by BombshellBetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought this several times & I really like it. I do find the smell is quite strong, not unpleasant, but something I do not wear with my favourite tops. I like to wear my regular anti-perspirant for special/dress-up/stressful occassions and use this on a day to day basis as I don't find I sweat all that much anyway.

This is powerful enough to get me through a workout at the gym without my taking on an unpleasant body odour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Fairdose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great, natural GREEN, deodorant. The smell isn't too strong, I can't take anything which is too scenty, but this is nice and light. Generally the European products like OMBRA, Khlorane, Le Petit Marseillais, Fa and Roger et Gallet, make fantastic natural based stuff. Formulation is much more heavily regulated in Europe and their standards are way higher than North America.
Experiment and try them out, but speaking for myself, I've never been disappointed in using any of the products from these names.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stopped using regular antiperspirant/deodorants about 6 months ago because of the possible cancer link, so I went to look at natural brands. I had used Jasons apricot deo with really bad consequences, and I figured a roll-on liquid was better than a stick. At my pharmacy the Ombra line is really popular and I've seen women buying these deodorants a lot, so I thought that was a good sign that it was a pretty good product. I've been wanting to review this deodorant for awhile because I think it is one of the best. The smell is not strong at all, very soft, and while it doesn't keep me dry (it's only a deodorant) I have no bad smell if I sweat, there are no little clumps of deodorant in my armpits after a hectic day (yay) and it's easy to reapply if i I have to. I also tried the 'Sport' version which is stronger scented, and would probably be good for a guy, but it was too strong for me. My take is, if you shave your pits and use something with alocohol to kill the germs on the surface of the skin, your under arms won't smell. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to use a natural deodorant.
Plus- the price is very good, under CAD$4 for a bottle, so I buy two at a time, just in case I need it and I'm not home i keep one in my purse.