April 16, 2014 | 1886 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lip Stain - Cherry Tart

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by EveAmaranthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the second stain I ever tried, after an experiment with one by Stila went horribly wrong. I probably wouldn't have bought this myself with that in mind, but since it was a gift I thought why not give it a chance?

The color looks okay on me, maybe a little too red for my warm-ish toned skin, but I really liked how long it stayed put. The roller ball makes it difficult to avoid putting on too much, so instead of rolling it on I dab on a few dots and blend it in with my fingers, then add a balm when it's dry. This gives a more natural-looking flush, rather than the 'I just ate a box of cherry popsicles' look.

The Cherry Tart shade reminds me a LOT of Benetint, I even tried it once as a cheek stain and the color looked the same. I don't recommend it for that use, though.

Overall, not a terrible product but not really the best either. I don't like the mess it makes on my fingers, and if you don't use it for a while the stain tends to solidify into a gel in the roller ball. I'd much rather buy Covergirl's Outlast lip stain or my new favorite, Posietint.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by marysuejenkins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stain is quite a bright berry red. It smells like berries, and it feels good. The roller ball application isn't the best, though I find I can use it quite easily all the same. I don't use this stain on it's own, though as it isn't drying at all it could be. I like to build the colour with gloss, shimmers, or balm to give an even appearance to the colour. The stain last relatively well, though lasts better with something on top.

I use the stain like a base coat, so as the top coat wears away the stain helps keep my lips looking fresh and colourful. I've been using it with a Betti Anne liquid lipstick by NYC, which makes a beautiful berry pink red, which is even - not sticky, with minimal colour transfer from my lips once the liquid begins to dry.

I focus the stain on the centre of my lips, and once I put on a coat of shimmer, it evens it out to give it a natural lip appearance. Though a bright beautiful colour, it almost looks as if my lips are actually berry pink-red. I love this stain, it is one of the better stains I have come across, as it isn't drying and isn't a bad colour. It is great as a base. I got it on ebay from are $5 - $10, so it is inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by geishagirl47

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am much happier with this colour then the berry lip stain. it is no where near as pink and it looks like a light blush on my lips, like i have been pushing them together for some time or i have been biteing them. the roller ball is really bad and it is a little runny but i like all of the other features of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by weemanmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, from my ratings it looks like I am not a fan of this - I am! It just needs some fine tuning by Revlon to improve the packaging and application.

I love lip stains and do not have a huge isue with dryness. This one goes on very liquidy, dries moderately fast and then feels a little bit tacky as it totally dries off. It does stain, but make up remover gets it off where you don't want it.

The ball applicator is a pain and yes, does give one flash backs to being 13! Makes it difficult to apply evenly but what I do is kind of dab it on, role a little bit and layer it up until I am happy with coverage (note: brightness fades as it dries). I then kind of walk around smiling until it dries so it does not pool into lip crevices (does not take long). I checked with my Gen Y staff`at work and looks good, not tragic trying hard to be 20 (I am 36). I usually put a gloss over the top (like Stila black cherry) and find that it lasts almost all day (good when I am busy at work with no time for touch ups.

I have not noticed any bleeding around my lip line if I do not use a lip pencil.

The cherry tart is a good color for me - I am cool toned, fair skin with dark hair, freckles and brown eyes. It is not a subtle color (it faeds once on) but I like it for work or just casual with a bit of bronzer. I would say it is a red/pink color and does look like you have sucked on a red icy pole.

Had to get this on evil bay as not available in Oz.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 7:28:00 AM More reviews by JBean05

This is my first lip stain product and I think it's great. I've seen others that have a brush application, which I think is better as the rolling ball on this is a tad bit inaccurate.

First of all I'd like to talk about what other people said about the staying power on this product. In essence this is a lip 'stain' not a lip stick or gloss. When I first applied it, the consistency was slightly more watery than an average lip gloss and the colours mostly concentrated on the centre of my lips than my outer areas of my lips, nevertheless my whole lips was tinted and stained.

It gave my lips a flush as if (ironically) that it's just been bitten. The whole colour concentration in the centre of the lips is what would naturally happen if you irrated your lips by biting or if a sudden rush of blood was going through it. This is because the skin of the lips is different to the skin turning into inside mouth lining.

Coming back to the staying power, I can tell you it stays on ALOT. I've tried licking and tissue dabbing and this thing will not budge. When I first tried to get rid of it, of course a tiny bit of colour came off but after that it's staying put. This is a great product if you want to give your lips a natural tinted look rather than a block of colour from lipsticks. Looks extra nice if you put a sheer or clear lip gloss over it and of course even longer staying power!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by yeju

My way of using this lip stain is, first, I dab it lightly on my lips and blend with fingertip, then apply a coat of pearly, slightly coloured lip gloss. The bright red colour shows through and the lip gloss adds pretty shine. I wouldn't use this product alone though. It disappears quick, and as it is disappearing, only the centre of my lips remain eeriely red. It is also very drying. As long as I pair it with a lip gloss, I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by VOGUE1222

Personally, I think this is the crappiest lip stain I've ever tried. First of all, the rolling ball application definately didn't help. It was all over the place with uneven dispersion of stain. So I looked like a clown. The color to me looked like some cheap Wet and Wild color I had when I was 11. It also looked really dated, too 80s. See my reviews for better lip stains. Don't waste your money OR frustration on this.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this for 1 in an outlet shop, hence the 5 star rating, I looked at it in Boots but 10 was too much I think.
Like someone else said, you have to spread it out with a cotton bud (or your finger if you don't mind the stain!) or something as the rollerball doesn't apply it well.
I love the fact the colour is natural- made of fruit extracts rather than chemicals.
I may go back to the shop and buy a few more seeing as it is discontinued.
I recommend this to anyone looking for a young, fresh 'Twilight' look!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is strange to me. Some days I like it and some days I don't. It turns your lips a cutesy red color and can look fabulous depending on the outfit. I would never wear this alone, I always coat it with lip gloss. Otherwise, it does look like you stained you lips. Hence the name, I know, but I think that if Revlon added more glossiness to this it would be a fabulous product!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by aishlynn

I am TOTALLY a lip stain person - love them, search for the best ones and I thought I may have found one here. The Cherry Tart color is awesome - true pin-up girl red! However, the first time you lick your lips, more than half the color is gone - fades to a pink, and if you're really unfortunate, it bleeds out past your lips, in spite of using regular or even reverse lip liner. Yes, it's buildable, but do you really want to have to put on 8 coats, blotting in between and THEN gloss before you even think about getting your lips moist just to get that fantastic color?
I was SO disappointed.
AND....the applicator is the suck - roller ball for a stain? Come on Revlon. This isn't Bonnie Bell bubble gum from when I was a kid!!! Yes, I'm sure you can get better at it if you work at it, but I don't have the time or patience to do so. Even trying to use a brush on it is messy - unless you pop the ball out. Then you'll find the stain stays better on your fingers than on your lips.
Very sad about this product - the initial color is so good, i really wanted to love it.