OPI 25 Colorful Years

on 1/12/2014 11:15:00 PM

25 Colorful Years is a classic red with blue undertones and a definite must have. It is very flattering with my pale skin. I din't love it as much as Vodka and Caviar or Moscow Red, but it is a nice alternate.

on 8/12/2012 6:39:00 PM

This will be the last red nail polish that I'll purchase for awhile. I'm banning myself because I feel like I keep buying red polishes. It's a problem, and it's gotta stop, haha. In my defense, I just love a good, classic, chic red on both fingers and toes. The blue under tone is what makes 25 Colorful Years look like instant sophistication on your nails. I'm half Korean and have a strong yellow complexion, and this color is super flattering on me. I have to watch it w/the warmer, more orange-y reds in my collection, because they tend to bring out the yellow in my skin even more, which can end up clashing instead of complementing my skin. Before buying this, I already owned Got the Blues For Red, Vodka & Caviar, OPI Red, Red Hot Ayers Rock, Red Hot Gift, Big Apple Red, St Petersburgundy, and Red Dazzle (don't judge me, I told you I had a problem! lol). Anyway, this baby might just be my favorite red yet. Oh yes, I said it. (Before that it was Red Hot Ayers Rocků not that anyone cares, lol). I do feel like, because I wear red polish on my nails year 'round, they're a good investment. Or, at least that's what I'll keep telling myself in order to further justify my addiction. The reason I said that this one would be my last red (yea we'll see how long that lasts) is because it's perfect. The elusive "perfect red" exists, and this is it. I didn't even mention the smooth, glossy, creme formula, which is a dream to apply. (There, I just mentioned it!) Recommend this highly; two (red) thumbs way up!

on 12/18/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this true red! Goes on like a dream and wears well too. This is a blue based red and is lovely on my pale skin with lots of red/pink undertones. It's a classic color that works on my fingers or toes.

on 10/7/2009 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great fall/winter color for pale women. I cannot do anything orange-y or brownish myself with my fading strawberry blonde hair and super porcelain paleness.
This works because it is a true red, a blue red if you will. I would describe it as almost a wine-y red, my husband adores it. There is not a hint of sparkle, so its conservative enough for work. Spent all summer in my fave Strawberry Margarita on my toes, may spend all fall wearing this.

on 5/11/2009 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this color. It has become my HG. It is a very classic red that looks good on any skintone. Can be worn any time of the year. Thumbs up!!!

This is a very nice red color. There is no shimmer to it. But a base coat underneath this color, if left on too long could stain your nails. I will buy again

on 5/3/2008 8:50:00 PM

I have never worn red polish in my life. Not with my fair skin. But I purchased some open toe red shoes and wanted something to go with them. I told the manicurist I didn't want anything "bright" red.
Well this color is fabulous! I absolutely love it. And a co-worker loved it so much, she ran out and bought a bottle.

on 3/30/2008 4:07:00 PM

One of my favorite OPI colors. This is a dark magenta/medium red color. It's really pretty. It doesn't have any shimmer in it. Looks really nice with a high gloss top coat.

I get pretty pale in the winter, and don't usually wear reds. But I got this color anyways and LOVE IT. It goes on SO smoothly, and after 2 coats it looks amazing. It's not too dark where I look gothic and not too light to make my nails look orangey. I think this color could look great on any skin tone!

on 5/20/2007 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for the quintessential red nail polish, its hard to go past this one. It's a true Pantone 485 red with no sparkle or shimmer. Goes on like a dream (in fact looked pretty much perfect with just one coat) and has great wear like most OPI shades. Now, if I could just find a red lipstick that was as good...

Top Rated OPI Products