July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Fragrances - Profumum Fumidus

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ManginaStalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is a sexy deep vetiver, with just the right amount of foggy mystery to the earthiness to make it float and not heavy; the base is round and the top green with traces of a rich black peat around its roots.

It smells rich, earthy, very fertile. It's like being thrown into a soft, wet black mud and made love to ravenously in the growing darkness. Love love love love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by supermarky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In spite of the fact that I consider this fragrance to be (for me at least) pretty much unwearable, it's really so impressive that I have nonetheless no choice but to pay hommage! If you stop to consider that the essences at play in Fumidvs more or less map out a formula for dissolution (scotch) even unto lung cancer (cigar smoke right down to its nasty byproduct, the horror that is cigar ash - which has got to be way way up there among the very few most noxious of all natural-inspired accords ever to find its way into a perfume deliberately), I must also say that I don't think I'd be surprised or the least incredulous if the ragazzi at Profumum were to claim that this perfume saves lives!

Chanel's Sycomore, as far as it goes, occupies a lot of the same terrritory. The smokey vetiver that is Sycomore is more or less the whole of the drydown of Fumidvs.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by 7mr8891

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very masculine perfume. Not meant to match a womens chemestry. On a man this does not stink. It smells smokey and sweet and a little boozy. Women always tell my Husband he smells great when he wears this and I love it too.
It doesn't work with me other. This one's strickly for a man.
No unisex thing here.

Simply put one of the best frags to come along in 30 years.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Ivirginia

I have to agree with Dinahad..this smelled like burnt rubber and dirt and other unpleasent smells YUCK.... I could not even bring my self to apply the whole 1/32 oz vial... that's bad, I'm usually adventureous with these!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by freskagirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't like this, but I don't think I hated it as much as the previous two reviewers. The notes made me think of Alan Cumming's eponymous fragrance (well, the scotch note anyway), but it smells nothing like that. It smells like Liquid Smoke added to Maitre Parfumeur et Garnier's Route du Vetiver. MPG's RdV is a great--if really intense--vetiver scent. Adding Liquid Smoke to it is unnecessary and downright icky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 2:16:00 PM More reviews by dinahad

It is rare that a fragrance actually offends my olfactory sensibilities, but this one has! With notes of essence of distilled scotch, vetiver root and birch bark, I was expecting a really interesting masculine scent. Instead, I get notes of burning rubber and dirt. I find this scent to be just horrible with my chemistry and couldn't scrub it off fast enough.