September 20, 2014 | 1520 users online

Fragrances - Profumum Confetto

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Kchild

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

No comparisons~just a straight review. Sweet almonds, laced with anise as first applied. It's alllllll about the almonds, and I love that! They play with every single ingrediant but always stay the focus. It starts off rich and oriental feeling but as it dries down it becomes more candied and softer. The musk really takes the edges off and creates an extrememly rich skin scent. The amber is very well behaved and adds a grown up depth without ever overtaking the whole composition. Amber can so often do that. This is perfectly balanced and a fall/winter dream. There is quite a difference in spraying and dabbing with this perfume. Turns out~I much prefer the spray. Surprisingly it wears lighter. If you want that rich oriental goodness to last and last definately dab on pulse points.The anise will stay prominant for hours. Confetto's longevity is stellar! She's very loyal and will stay with you for day into night. I love this perfume~and so does my husband!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess i am the minority here, but I love Confetto! A comforting sugared almond, wrapped in musk and a touch of powdery amber....soft, not overwhelming, but with great strength, this one easily lasts 8 + hrs on me. Lukyscent description states there is anise, I get minimal to no anise. Profumum prices are steep, but you get a 100 ml bottle. No suntan vibe at all for me, just a comforting, snuggle scent!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Despite the grown-up price tag, this is not a grown-up fragrance. I find this scent very one-dimensional and child-like. Remember the baby doll you had as a little girl -- when you pressed it to your face it smelled of sweet rubber or plastic and an aroma vaguely approaching talcum powder. This is exactly what Confetto smells like. If you are looking to replicate that scent memory, by all means try a sample. If you are looking for a sophisticated, layered gourmand fragrance, look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best of the almond genre, sadly with a very high price tag. I think if I could describe this fragrance in three words: sweet, delicate and casual. It is an almond scent, like the much mentioned HP, though it does not have the jasmine notes of HP or the rose notes of similar loukhoum scents (Keiko Mecheri, Sweet Oriental Dream, Rahat Loukhoum). It is also less powdery than HP and the loukhoum scents. It is a linear sugared almond scent and does not change much as it develops. That said, if you enjoy the sugared almond scent (it's a real comfort scent for me), this is the way to do it right. Confetto is actually an excellent quality scent. It is delicate and gentle, never overwhelms, but yet has excellent lasting power. Office friendly. I'm still trying to justify the price tag ($240 at Luckscent, and sold out as I write this). One other quality, similar almond scent I've found is Sinfonia di Note Amande Sucree--waiting for a larger sample from TPC to determine if I still "need" Confetto,

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm on the hunt for almondy fragrances that are long lasting. This one fits the bill for tenacity on the skin, but there's something about it that turns my stomach. The combination of sugary sweet and musk is not as appealing as I expected and can be stifling full strength. I get the notes that others mention...plastic, Play-Doh, cheapish vanillic almond. Contrary to the $200+ price tag, this fragrance does not scream luxury quality.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Ambergristanbul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

O.K. this one is wild. Unlike other perfumes, this one doesn't change much from beginning to end. I didn't know anything about this one, it was a blind sniff and my reaction was: vanilla pudding and play-doh with a side shot of root beer. It is strange, yet compelling. I thought "I could never were this out", yet I find myself sniffing my arm every 30 seconds. So, go figure. Found out after the sample that is named after Italian suger-coated almond candies...For whatever reason, this one is haunting me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by lanslify

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was purchased as a 1 ml sample from Luckyscent. Way too sweet and too loud although the musky/spicy flavor is all right. I would be afraid to wear this to work for fear of annoying my coworkers.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Just awful. What a build up and what a come down for me. I have a sample of this perfume. It sounded fabulous - sweet ,almond etc etc. On my skin and on my husband's skin - this smells plasticky.sickly sweet in a strange off way and I am sorry to say ... i nearly threw up. I love fine scents but I really do not get what the fuss is about with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by snarkyharper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Powdered sugar and dry almond. Sweet and very pleasant. Good lasting power and scent trail (I appled liberally). I like it better than any of the Loukhoum fragrances due to the lack of rose here. I agree with several reviewers that this is like a lighter (though dryer) version of Hypnotic Poison. I adore HP - it is my go-to daily scent and I use up a big bottle every year. I find it very wearable, but it CAN sometimes be a bit much early in the morning and in the summer time. Confetto will work very nicely for me as a casual day scent, where sometimes HP feels too sexy. I've ordered a bottle.

Oh, and I've also found that it layers VERY well over the drydown of both HP and POTL.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by sucrose77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know there is nothing tropical in the notes, but for some reason this brings back vivid memories of some tanning oil I wore as a kid. It's extremely sweet to me and, although I haven't smelled Hypnotic Poison, but I can definitely see how it could be similar to a gourmand you'd find in a department store. It smells more like a guilty pleasure you'd buy in rollerball form at Sephora than an incredibly expensive perfume.