September 15, 2014 | 1816 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I see these more as a sheer gloss than as a lipstick, but for the price I find them very good (especially as Iíve only ever bought them in half-price sales).

Lasting power is so-so and youíll definitely need to reapply after eating, but I donít find them too bad for a gloss and Iíve had much worse. They also are quite comfortable on the lip and not too tacky.

I quite like to layer them over an actual lipstick applied lightly as a stain to improve lasting power. Raspberry is my favourite one, and it works well over a sheer application of MAC Russian red (applied with a brush), to get a red-lipped look thatís not too Ďin your faceí.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought #2121 Strawberry for a dollar. I did not like upon aplication how sticky it felt to me, it is very slimy and uneven when I applied it. The color is alright, a sheer pinkish-red, but I do not like the formula. Perhaps it is just this shade or something but I am not enthused to go try any other of these liquid lipsticks. I do find the packaging fun though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by triplfun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Many E.L.F. products are on the cheap side, and have poor pigmentation, texture, or wear. This stuff, however, is fantastic! I tried it on a whim and fell in love. I have several colors and duplicates, so I can keep a few with me. ONLY $1 each!!!
Although the name says lipstick, the texture is a gloss. But not a sticky gloss...it actually feels good to me, and has a nice scent/taste. The only con to me is that they have so little product in them, they don't last long.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these lipsticks! Great pigmentation. Very creamy and smooth. Some have scent and some feel minty! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Only downside is they have short lasting power, so need to re-apply every hour. BUTTT it's 1 dollar so common!!!

Check out my youtube review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing is even in this thing. There is almost NO pigmentation in the gloss and you got to crank it up so much for pay off it SUCKS even though it was only a dollar it was a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know that these glosses (because that is what they are - they are nothing like any lipstick despite the name) are very popular here but I have to admit I'm pretty bewildered as to why. I've tried these in a few colours now - bark, pink lemonade, cherry tart and ruby slipper. Only ruby slipper actually showed up on my lips - the other shades just looked clear. OK, I don't mind a clear gloss, but if I want a clear gloss I will buy one. I don't enjoy buying something that promises colour and then being disappointed time and time again.

On the positive side, these glosses have a good amount of shine, and although sticky, they are much less sticky than a MAC dazzleglass for instance. They have a pleasant minty fragrance and taste. The packaging has been ok for me, it's a bit overkill having so much plastic for a tiny amount of product, but I haven't had them break or leak so I can't complain. The product emerged onto the doe foot applicator smoothly for me, I think you just have to be patient with the click/twist mechanism, and the applicator its-self was pleasant to use. That was until tonight, when the only gloss in the range I use regularly (Ruby Slipper) started to smell! After a month? I am pretty fastidious and I am sorry but I cannot use something where the applicator becomes skanky, and so fast, too. It's gone in the bin. Sorry ELF, I'm not going to bother buying any more of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so skeptical because of the mixed reviews but I went ahead and bought Baby Lips and Pink Lemonade and I've never turned back! I have every shade. I have a ton of MAC lipsticks but I never use them as much as these lip products! They stay on all day and I don't have to worry about it getting on my teeth. Super comfy, beautiful on the lips and only $1! My new HG product! Run and purchase these! You won't regret it! I'm obsessed with this lip product! I wear it everyday. When I run out I will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

Not the best but not the worst! I didn't care to much for this liquid lip stick it don't show to well and I don't like the sticky feeling

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by simidearest

its affordable and easy to use, it can get kind of clumped up and sticky though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I love it. Looks like I'm wearing a light lipstick because it shows up so well and it's shiny. Also love the foam applicator. Would definitely buy more of these.