E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color is pretty enough and I like that it's SPF 15 and it's cheap enough. It's, however, WAY too gloppy and thick. I keep this in my little makeup bag that runs around with me in my purse, but it's always my last resort when I don't have any chapstick with me. I will either finally use it up or finally throw it out, but there's got to be something better than this even at this price.

on 2/16/2015 2:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this gloss in a few different colours and I like them. They're really sticky (maybe too sticky for some?), but give nice colour and are so cheap. I hear some of them are too glittery, but the ones I have don't have glitter, just colour.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have 14 or 15 of these puppies, all in different shades, acquired through gifts at holidays and birthdays, as well as through my own ELF orders placed online. I'm still missing Strawberry, Pink Pop, and Party Peach, but will definitely be purchasing them soon (if only I could repurchase Mauve Luxe as well!). I've been a fan of Super Glossy Lip Shines for years. Are they my all-time favorite gloss? No, but they're amazing nonetheless. At $1 a pop, collecting them is easy, and ELF often comes out with holiday sets of 3-5 of them. Many of the shades are surprisingly pigmented - New York City, a gorgeous red, is probably the most pigmented one I own, and Goddess is reminiscent of Lancome's Juicy Tubes shade in Simmer or L'Oreal's ColourJuice shade in Strawberry Smoothie. The tubes provide a generous amount of .35 oz, and the more pigmented shades seem to last longer on the lips than the clearer sparkly shades (at least for me). I used to have several tubes of Mauve Luxe, a gorgeous browny-mauve shade, but alas, they're all used up! Super Glossy Lip Shines come in a squeeze tube with a slightly-rounded slant-tip applicator. The tube itself is somewhat flimsy - my tube of Mango Madness got a hole poked in it by the bottom of another tube of lip gloss - and the applicator can get gloss on the sides while applying, but again, they're only $1. The gloss is about average in thickness and stickiness - not as thin as a liquid lip smacker and not as thick as a MAC Lipglass. They all have the same fragrance - a creamy grape scent - which I enjoy but others may not. Lastly, if looking to purchase from the website, be sure to check the sale page as well - glosses that will be discontinued will be on that page at a discounted price, as opposed to with the other Super Glossy Lip Shines.

on 9/10/2014 12:48:00 AM

I have this in pink kiss I believe and I'm not a fan I find that the formula is a bit too heavy feeling and it gives my lips a very tacky feel to them, which is a sham cause I really like the color. I will not repurchase this.

on 9/6/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own about 10 of these babies, lol! I really do like these lipglosses. I did just check the ELF website and these are on sale so I'm not sure if they're discontinuing this line or not, I hope they don't though :(.

I like that there is a wide range of shades, some of them are sheer, sparkly, creamy, pigmented. My favorites are watermelon (natural lip shade with some sparkle), juiced berry (sheer berry shade with sparkle) and some other ones that are now discontinued (booooo).

The formula is nice. It feels nice and moisturizing on the lips. It's not fantastic and these don't last all day on your lips, but they're easy to reapply on if you need to. Like the name states, these are a glossy finish.

If you are purchasing from the ELF website, I would not trust the swatches they have there. Some of the swatches are completely misleading, if possible google the color name and see if you can find a swatch online elsewhere for accuracy.

Overall I really like these lipglosses, I would recommend them if you are looking for some inexpensive lipglosses with a nice range of shades to choose from.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have this in the rosy sparkly color, and it's a pretty good lipgloss. I mean, it's the basic, original stuff. Glossy, sticky, faint hint of color, no taste or smell whatsoever, goes well over lipstick, it's just pretty basic. For $1, it's a good, what-more-can-you-ask-for, lipgloss!

on 12/23/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For $1, you can't beat these. They're a nice texture, not too sticky, but not too thin or watery. Squeeze tube applicator instead of the dreaded doe-foot that gets gunked up. Most have SPF. Fruity fragrance, wide variety of fun colors. Not the best quality lip gloss on the market, but for $1 you really cannot beat these, and they easily compare with mid-range drugstore brands. I have several of these for when I travel, and I will continue to repurchase.

on 12/12/2013 8:06:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm on the search for a moisturizing lip product, that will give my lips some color. I tried e.l.f. super glossy and could not get past the stickiness of this product…next!

on 10/22/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up "Pink Umbrellas" at my local Target. ELF Super glossy Lip Shine (whew that's a mouthful) comes in a .35 oz. plastic squeeze tube. The packaging on my tube actually split along the top, letting the gloss ooze out. Overall, I'm not really impressed with this lip gloss. The pigmentation is verrrry slight, there's way more glitter than I would prefer, and the gloss formula feels very sticky on the lips. It's only $1 so if you want to try it out for yourself it won't set you back much. However, even with the low price, I will not be repurchasing.

on 10/13/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this product in Mauve Luxe and a lighter peachy shade and have tried them out a few times. Entirely too sticky to suit me, so I'm about to offer my tubes up for swap.

Popular Lip Glosses