Pangea Organics facial cleanser

3.7

PURIFIED WATER (AQUA), COCOS NUCIFERA (SAPONIFIED ORGANIC COCONUT) OIL, OLEA EUROPAEA (SAPONIFIED ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE) OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (ORGANIC JOJOBA) OIL, CANNABIS SATIVA (ORGANIC HEMP) SEED OIL, RETAINED GLYCERIN (VEGETABLE), ALCOHOL (SDA 38B ORGANIC LAVENDER), HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (ORGANIC SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LECITHIN (NON-GMO SOY), CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE (DERIVED SOLELY FROM COCONUT OIL), SUCROSE STEARATE, ORYZA SATIVA (ORGANIC RICE) BRAN EXTRACT, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (ORGANIC SHEA) BUTTER, THEOBROMA CACAO (ORGANIC COCOA) BUTTER, PRUNUS AMYGDALIS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, XANTHAN GUM, CITRIC ACID, OENOTHERA BIENNIS (ORGANIC EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL, COCOS NUCIFERA (ORGANIC COCONUT) OIL, GLYCERIN (VEGETABLE), CALENDULA OFFICINALIS (ORGANIC CALENDULA) EXTRACT, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (ORGANIC LAVENDER) EXTRACT, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ORGANIC ROSEMARY) EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORGANIC BLOOD ORANGE) OIL, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (ORGANIC LAVENDER) OIL, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (ROMAN CHAMOMILE) OIL, LAVANDULA MAILETTE (LAVENDER MAILETTE) OIL, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS (ORGANIC CALENDULA) FLOWER OIL, TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C) ESSENTIAL OIL

on 1/23/2014 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Overall a very gentle cleanser. Doesn't dry out or break out my skin. The scent is pleasant but overpowering. Still prefer my Philosophy Purity.

on 1/13/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I received a sample of this product and decided to use it on a trip while I was out of town. I'm not crazy about the scent,but I don't mind it and it clearly smells very organic. I liked the fact that it is apparently very organic and friendly to skin and the environment.

Cleansing wise, I found this to be a gentle cleanser. I would rather use this in the morning when I need a gentle face wash (as there is no makeup to wash off), but I don't see myself going out of my way to use this again.

on 6/28/2008 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The first thing I have to comment on is the yummy smell… it really does smell like blood oranges. I love it. Very strong, herbally, so I advise you to smell it before you buy in case you don’t love it as much as I do!
This is a great wake-me-up morning cleanser. Not the best at removing heavy make-up like foundation, but okay if I’m just wearing concealer and powder. Nice smooth and creamy texture. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not stripped or dry, just clean and comfortable. I was used to cleansers making my face feel tight, so this was a very welcome change for me. No more harsh cleansers for me!!
On the packaging – interesting plantable outer box. Don’t have a garden myself, so I sent it to my mom who does. It made for a weird but nice present, haha.
The ingredients are all-natural, organic and wonderful… the one thing I was concerned about is that it contains lavender-derived alcohol as the second ingredient. I know that normal denaturated alcohol dries out my skin something terrible, but this plant sourced alcohol must be different because I didn’t experience any dryness at all. The other ingredients include coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil (I urge you to go read the amazing MUA reviews on EVOO if you haven’t already!!!), hemp seed oil, jojoba seed oil, almond oil, argan oil, shea butter, primrose oil, safflower oil, pumpkin seed oil. Please don’t be scared off by all of the oils… remember that not all oils are pore clogging. This did not make my skin oily at all… instead it makes my face glowy and balanced:) A definite repurchase.

Egyptian Calendula and Blood Orange.....cleans wonderfully on no-makeup days without stripping oil. However, I find this insufficient for removing more stubborn makeup. No problem, though. I just add a small amount of MyChelle's facial cleanser and the makeup's gone. I know, it sounds stupid to have to use 2 cleansers sometime, but I so love the scent and creamy texture of this one that I'm willing to do that.

on 12/27/2007 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great cleanser and I use it to supplement my Hauschka's milk cleanser. I LOVE the earthy fragrance and its perfect for combo-skin that does not get too oily. It does not do anything special, just cleanses, does not strip or leave a film, but the smooth texture and scent of the product make it worth the price. 2 pumps will do the job, so a bottle will last quite a while. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is bec it burns my eye area, so at night I use the Hauschka for removing eye makeup. But, if you are into natural products and are not on the soap wagon, this is a good cleanser.

on 11/14/2007 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I HAVE THE EGYPTIAN CALENDULA AND BLLOD ORANGE CLEANSER AND HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS NOW. I HAVE TO SAY THIS IS THE BEST CLEASER I HAVE EVER USED. MY SKIN IS NOT ONLY OILY BUT IT'S ALSO ACNE PRONE AND THIS STUFF PUTS IT IN MY CONTROL. I ALSO BOUGHT THE TONER AND MOISTURIZER, BUT FOUND THAT THE CLEANSER WORKED SO WELL THAT I DIDNT EVEN NEED TO USE THE OTHER PRODUCTS. i AM A FAITHFUL CUSTOMER FROM NOW ON. i THINK THE PROBLEM WITH A LOT OF THE OTHER REVIEWERS IS THAT THEY ARE BUYING THE SCENTS THEY LIKE AND NOT WHAT GOES WITH THEIR SKIN TYPE. ON PANGEA'S WEBSITE THEY TELL YOU EXACTLY WHICH BLEND GOES WITH WHAT SKIN TYPE. I BOUGHT THE TYPE THAT THEY SAID IS FOR OILY SKIN AND I SWEAR THIS IS MY MIRACLE PRODUCT.

on 10/15/2007 3:08:00 AM

I found this non-drying, even though it contains (plant) alcohol. It removes my sunscreen and base very well, but I need a separate eye m/u remover, as always. It is creamy-textured, non-foaming, and naturally & organically citrus fragranced. I find the 4oz bottle lasts me a long time (3 months) using 2 to 3 pumps every evening. Any larger bottle would spoil, I'm afraid, as the product range contains no artificial preservatives.

Ingredients: Purified water, organic lavender alcohol, organic coconut oil, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic hemp seed oil, organic jojoba oil (all oils saponified with retained vegetable glycerin), caprylic/capric triglyceride (derived solely from coconut oil), organic soy lecithin, glycerol .sucrose stearate (natural vegetable glycerin & sugar emulsifiers), prunus amygdalus oil (organic almond oil), oryza sativa (organic rice bran extract), butyrospermum parkii seed (organic shea butter), arania spinosa kernel oil (organic argan oil), oenothera biennis (organic evening primrose oil), carthamus tinctorius (organic safflower seed oil), cucurbita pepo (organic pumpkin seed oil), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), ascorbic acid (vitamin c). Organic essential oils of blood orange, lavender, roman chamomile. Organic herbal extracts of calendula, lavender, rose, rosemary. Vegetable glycerin, xanthan gum, citric acid.

on 7/6/2007 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Tried this product at Beautyhabit.com (very wonderful cosmetic sight for high-end, out of the mainstream products, samples with every order and also sample sets to let you try any product) and was disappointed. Looking for a new gentle, organic cleanser for my 40-yr old, normal-dry, acne-prone, aging skin. This gel, orangey-scented cleanser is okay, but leaves my face feeling slightly dry afterwards. Would like it too feel slightly more moisturized, and not as "squeaky clean." Too bad, since I like the natural ingredients. Would recommend for someone with oilier skin.

on 5/16/2007 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I really like this product. I've gotten more compliments on my skin since using this cleanser (along with french rosemary toner and italian red mandarin facial cream) than I have in the whole rest of my life. I find it works best pumping the cream on wet hands and rubbing on to a dry face. Since I wear make up I use two pumps and I run through this pretty fast. I wish they put out larger bottles. It comes in cool box that is filled with seeds. You soak it in water, plant it and get herbs!

on 5/4/2007 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Yuck! I used this after wearing mineral makeup one day and not only did it NOT remove my minimal amounts of makeup, it left my face feeling slimy. Who wants to feel slimy AFTER cleansing? The smell is overwhelmingly sweet and it's in a glass bottle, which is a hazard in the shower and while traveling. I could look past the smell and glass bottle if it worked, but it was not a very thorough cleanser. Don't waste your time or money...