Boots No 7 Deeply Moisturising Lipcare

4.1

on 11/13/2011 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this product. I have gone through so many products (frustrating and expensive) that were either too greasy, too sticky, and ineffective! I love this because it's none of the above. It's creamy, gentle, and my lips feel and look better sooooo quickly. If my lips ever get chapped now (I don't wear anything regularly on my lips because I'm lazy) I don't have to stress because I know I always have 2 tubes of this around and it will take care of the problem in no time!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is an interesting product. I've been having insanely dry lips this past winter and saw this at Target and figured I'd give it a whirl.

It's a creamy lip treatment in a squeeze tube. I really feel like I can feel it healing my lips - and most importantly - the dry skin around my mouth and lip lines - instantly. It smoothes everything out and feels kind of tingly.

The downside is that while it is softening, it isn't moisturizing. I use it at night and like my lips to be nice and lubricated. So I put lip balm over it. Easy fix!

on 6/26/2009 1:47:00 AM

I have to say, I really shocked at the negative reviews below. I've never tried something that worked so quickly and so perfectly on my lips ever before. I have the worst chapped lips...ever. Disgusting and flaking. I stole a little bit of this from my sister, rubbed it into my lips, and WOW. instant smoothness. no flakies. this is now a must have for me. i'll have to buy two - one for the home, one to keep in a bag to travel with.

yeah, annoying you can't apply directly to your lips, but whatever. it's not like it's that more hygenic. you can wash your hands before you apply them to your lips...how many people bother washing their lips before applying a lip treatment?

on 5/22/2009 7:32:00 PM

It's a creamy lip treatment that comes in a little tube with a pointy tip (same time of tip in Lancome's blanc expert serum). I don't particulary love it as I can't directly apply the product on my lip. Instead I have to use my finger and I don't like putting my fingers too close to my mouth (especially when the H1N1 flu is going around!). Also this leaves white residue on my lips so I only use it at night. It is not superbly moisturizing but it's a fairly good lip cream. I wouldn't re-purchase as I know there are better products out there

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This isn't really moisturizing and seems to disappear from my lips quickly, but makes my lips really smooth while it's on. It is fragrance-free, but has a sort of plastic-y smell. The product comes out of a tiny tip, and you have to use your fingers. This would be a good, non-annoying lip balm for kissing someone haha./

on 3/7/2008 5:36:00 AM

I have been using this product for a number of years now. I wouldn't call it "deeply mouisturizing" and for an overnight treatment I use Laura Mercier's Lip Silk, which is much more heavy duty.
But the Boots product I find good for wearing during the day, under lipstick, as it is very light and provides a good base. I generally renew once or twice a day (then apply more lipstick) and my lips are in good condition, especially given that I am in my fifties.
I would recommend it but don't expect any dramatic results.

on 1/26/2008 9:40:00 AM

I really like this stuff. It goes on well and makes my lips feel so smooth. The consistency is a little weird, but I like it. I put it on morning and night and seal it with a dab of aquaphor. My lips are in the best condition, and that is rare for me in the wintertime. I will for sure buy this again. I love Boots.

on 1/20/2008 11:38:00 AM

I was very disappointed by this product.When I read that the product was meant to be "deeply moisturing" I was anticipating a tidal wave of luxurious moisture that would leave my lips soft and subtle.This product did none of this,in fact it was like an ineffective Blistex cream.Application was awkward and unhygienice,I was left with a white tinge on my lips and any feeling of moisture lasted about 15 minutes.For 8 this is an absolute waste of time,you can get far far better for a fraction of the price.Would not recommend in any circumstance as even as an over night moisture treatment I had to coat it with a tonne of vaseline to lock in the ingredients and "benefits".

on 5/9/2007 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this lip..cream? It penetrates and sinks in without leaving any oily layer. AND it moistuerizes very well!! In this point, it is very different from all my other lipcare products. But it is not a very good over-night lip treatment, for this purpose, it is not enough. I just think it is perfect for daytime use.

on 5/6/2007 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Love this product! Started using this nightly a few weeks ago. It makes my lips soft, smooth and slightly fuller. I think the combination of shea butter, paraffin and ceramides does the trick. EDIT: Did not repurchase after it ran out. Now looking for something more potent to help with recent flakiness.

Popular Lip Treatments