August 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Treatments - Beauty Secrets - Non acetone polish remover

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My bottle is about half empty now and , for as much as I need to use for it to work effectively, I don't think it will take too long to use it up. It seems to work okay if I don't have a top coat on my polish, but if I do, forget it. I have to really scrub at my nails and use quite a bit of product to get any of the polish off. It's more effective for me to just scratch off the remaining polish rather than trying to use more of this to get it off. The scent doesn't bother me quite as much - I usually just wash my hands after I'm finished. I like that it doesn't have acetone and I've read that acetone is pretty bad for your nails. It's just a shame that this doesn't work quite as well as I'd hoped. I think for my next purchase I'll try the Zoya remover I've heard so many good things about, but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by fenomenoide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this because I ran out of my regular drug store remover and after 2 times of using it, this is by far the WORST nail product I've ever used,it smells terrible, it didn't remove my nail polish as well as the drug store brand and worst of all it left my nails super dry and one even started peeling, it also left my sisters nails in awful condition,even drier than with pure acetone. Im gonna throw away the rest and stick to the drug strore brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by abatnamedtwitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does do a really good job at removing nail polish, but I will never purchase this product again for three reasons. 1. The smell. It reeks! Its super strong and sickeningly sweet after it dries. 2. It dries out my nails way worse that pure acetone ever did. And 3. The bottle leaked everywhere even though I made sure it was closed well, leaving that nasty stank everywhere. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Wow...how was I using drug store brand polish remover for so long? I figured it just took forever to get off nail polish but when I tried this product (and followed the steps on the bottle) it was gone with little no effort whatsoever. My polish removal time was cut in half with this! Got it at Sally's for about $4 and the bottle is huge (473mL)...so I expect this will last quite a while. I took off 1 lipstick because the smell took my breath away it was so strong. I'm very sensitive to strong smelling cleaners and bleaches so thats probably why it effected me so much. The after smell, however is a very nice berry scent that lingers. Leaves my nails smooth and clean. I'll never go back to drug store brand again...this is one of my new HG products! I will ALWAYS repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by sylkii

This is the worst nail polish remover I have ever tried! Even the walgreens $1 one is better than this. Leaves my nails SUPER dry and feeling weak. I've never experienced that with any other polish remover. The walmart one is better, but the best one is ofcourse Zoya remove+.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the blue nail polish remover that can be found at Sally's Beauty supply. It is the non-acetone version and it has a very pleasant scent. It removes polish well although you do have to rub a little harder to remove the polish. Once I got the hang of it, I really liked it because it did not leave any traces of polish. It is a very good deal with the Sally card. If you don't want to buy the big bottle, you can start with the 8 oz. bottle to see if you like it. I will buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is awesome! I've been using remover with acetone for years, but all of a sudden it's been really irritating me and affecting my breathing. o_O So I decided to try this remover based on the reviews, and I am in love! This is very cheap, and with a Sally card, it's even cheaper. Once it's dry, it does have that rather pleasant berry scent to it. It's a little overpowering but it doesn't send me into an asthma attack. :P

You will have to "work" a tiny bit more to remove your polish but it's not a big deal. I apply the remover to a cotton ball, scrub the polish a little bit, hold the cotton there for a little while, then scrub off whatever's left. Just as effective as removers with acetone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Newest polish remover HG! Removes polish far better than any drugstore's remover, it took everything off with minimal effort. It actually smells like blackberries in the dry down of the remover, which smells delicious. Also, Sally's Beauty sells it for dirt-cheap and ranges various sizes which goes up to a full gallon! From now on, this will be the only remover I will ever buy again. I love it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this np remover. I think it is the best and super cheap! You can buy a 16 oz bottle, or even a gallon; depending on how many manis that you do in a week from Sally's Beauty Supply. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by beautyxobsessed

Works well.
Super cheap at $2.99 for a giant 16 ounce bottle.
You can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply.