November 26, 2014 | 1486 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Nstupak

I absolutely love this product. It gives great coverage. I use an airbrush foundation blush to apply it. Only problem is that it can look streaky if you don't gently go over it with ur fingers or a beauty blender after ur finished. I have dark circles and acne scars but this covers them perfectly. Would highly recommend it for someone looking for coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Seemi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination oily skin and this foundation just glides on like silk. I know it's aimed at dry skin people but I love it. I'm of asian persuasion and shade nc42 it's lasted me a good while and the shade matches me perfectly. It's quick and easy to use and I would highly recommend this fabulous product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by ericasurvive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation looking for something with an "airbrushed" type finish for when I go out. Although the shade matched me perfectly and gave me the finish that I like by using a duo fibre brush, I started getting breakouts on my cheeks. My skin was 100% clear before using this product, and I had never had pimples or clogged pores on my cheeks. My skin is not acne prone and because of this, I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was at the MAC store recently,because I had ran out of blush and needed to pick up a new one.I noticed the studio tech foundation section,and I decided to give it a try.This is a full coverage foundation that can feel cakey and heavy if not applied with a light hand.I use the skunk brush (145) to apply.It gives a flawless even finish when applied with a brush.I highly recommend,and would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LolaKandler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation can be very heavy, I use NW23 and I'm naturally quite tanned, however this foundation is quite orange, and I found it didn't rub in too well. It's expensive, and I don't think I would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by swtlitchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Erp, I wasted my money on this fdtn... I used to love MAC's Studio Stick which has been discontinued for a few years. After I used that up, I bounced around between brands and fdtns, and decided to give MAC Fdtns another try.

I was erroneously thinking that this foundation would be kind of like the Studio Stick but in pan form when I bought it. Boy, was I wrong! This foundation is undoubtedly a medium/full coverage, and reminds me of those girls in HS who used to pile on the fdtn to cover up acne (done poorly). It is a creme, but doesn't sink into the skin at all, instead I feel like it sits on top of my face and feels heavy. The foundation transfers easily and seems to accentuate any imperfections from dry skin, even though it should supposedly be creamier than a powder foundation. I've had this foundation for a year or two? Had started to hit pan but lost interest in it, and switched to another foundation. ALSO, I have very dry, eczema-affected skin on my face that can flare up during seasons, stress, etc. During most of the past year or two, I have not been wearing a lot of makeup because of my eczema... but before that period of time? I was using this foundation. I am not sure if it was a contributing fact to my skin drying out even more, but I don't associate this foundation with good skin. I also saw more acne pop up on my cheeks- near my cheekbones (and I am in my mid-late twenties who predominately would break out only on my nose and chin from hormones).

I am sure that there are better full coverage foundations out there! I give it two lippies more for the wide range of colors because I am so yellow/warm and it is hard to find a match sometimes.

EDIT: After revisiting this fdtn a while later I found some tips that helped me improve the wear. I had instinctively known not to use the puff that it comes with- that is useless in my opinion because it makes the foundation look heavy on the skin. I had been using a few types of foundation brushes prior- tried the classic synthetic paddle shape, and the more densely packed Real Techniques brush. As it turns out, a plain old cosmetic wedge/sponge works best WHEN WET. Essentially, this stuff is too thick on it's own, and needs to be sheered out with water. I soaked the sponge and squeezed it out for a damp sponge, then dipped it into the pan for product. This makes it less cakey by far. I am sure that a beauty blender will work just as well for this- In general I am too lazy to clean it right afterwards (hence, the use of disposable sponges). I've gotten used to setting it with a powder. After using it more consistently in the last month and a half, I haven't noticed any breakouts from this product specifically, and I think it is due to the amount of coverage- less product=less breakouts. I have bumped the lippie rating up a notch, but I am still not in love with it, nor with the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

MAC's color matching is great, but the makeup can be heavy.

I used this product when I was in my early 20s and living in gross, humid, Houston. I was also waiting tables. So I was usually a sweaty, shiny mess. This makeup does have great coverage...my transvestite friend was actually the person who turned me onto this--he used it to cover his beard once he shaved for performances! So that tells you how much coverage this offers.

I am just too oily to work well with this heavy of a foundation. Even with a blending sponge, it was too suffocating for my skin. Didn't lead to breakouts or streak, but I had to switch to something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kalihagen1

MAC Studio Tech is officially my HG product! For years I had worn MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation and had been unhappy with the way it settled on my skin. While at the MAC counter looking for a different shade of the Studio Fix Fluid, a woman stopped the MAC artist and told him that in her experience as a makeup artist, she found that the MAC Studio Tech creme foundation typically works the best for my skin type. I have never been so thankful for a piece of advice in my life! I quickly fell in love with this product. At first, I found that the product was thick and cakey. Soon I learned that the brush or sponge must be wet to achieve the desired, stunning look. Nothing I have tried before or after this product quite compares. This is also the first product I have bought from MAC that matches my skin perfectly. MAC Studio Tech creme foundation is definitely a product that I would recommend to everyone looking for a good, consistent foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by OmbreJane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love LOVE this product. Finally I found my holy grail. After a 10 year search lol. Ok, first thing first. I used like a hundred foundations in my life, never being completely happy about one of them.
I bought expensives ones and the cheaper ones. The only foundation I bought twice is the mac sculpt. But I didnt like the way it seemed to not blend in my skin, it kinda 'lays' on you're skin. After reading almost every single review on the studio tech, I thought I gave it a try, with not really high hopes, but yeah, it is an amazing foundation.

My skin problems are having large pores on my cheeks and freckels on the side of my face which looks like a beard of freckels lol. I use a good concealer for the side freckels, and I wanted a foundation for my whole face. I wanted it to have full or medium coverage. But still looking natural and 'fresh' and also easy to apply. Well a lot of high coverage foundations seem to sink into your pores, I always check in daylight to see if the pores didn't turned into hugh crators cause of the foundation. I do use a good primer.

When I first tried this foundation I was so curious,I couldn't wait and I put it on right away, without any primer or creme. And I thought it looked so smooth, and it felt smooth. When checking my skin in the daylight, I was suprised it didn't made my face look like a Swiss cheese, since I didn't use a primer.
The next day when I did use a primer and this foundation, I look airbrushed. Perfectly smooth and it gives the covarege that you want, you decide. It looks natural. It doesn't make pores look bigger. It makes them look smaller. Easy to apply (I use my fingers)
It does give you kinda a glow, I guess. It's not completely matt, but I always use a powder to finish my make-up. I have the mac studio fix and foundation powder, also an amazing product, but I find it too heavy to go with this foundation. I don't need more covarege with this product, I need it only for setting the foundation or touch ups (Gonna try Mac's sheer pressed powder to go with this one)

I truly recommend this product to the girls who are looking for the same things as I was in a foundation. Yes, I will buy this product again. And again, and again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by adeballesteros

Another reviewer said: My Holy Grail Foundation. i agree with her. Best foundation i ever had.