April 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LolaKandler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation can be very heavy, I use NW23 and I'm naturally quite tanned, however this foundation is quite orange, and I found it didn't rub in too well. It's expensive, and I don't think I would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by swtlitchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Erp, I wasted my money on this fdtn... I used to love MAC's Studio Stick which has been discontinued for a few years. After I used that up, I bounced around between brands and fdtns, and decided to give MAC Fdtns another try.

I was erroneously thinking that this foundation would be kind of like the Studio Stick but in pan form when I bought it. Boy, was I wrong! This foundation is undoubtedly a medium/full coverage, and reminds me of those girls in HS who used to pile on the fdtn to cover up acne (done poorly). It is a creme, but doesn't sink into the skin at all, instead I feel like it sits on top of my face and feels heavy. The foundation transfers easily and seems to accentuate any imperfections from dry skin, even though it should supposedly be creamier than a powder foundation. I've had this foundation for a year or two? Had started to hit pan but lost interest in it, and switched to another foundation. ALSO, I have very dry, eczema-affected skin on my face that can flare up during seasons, stress, etc. During most of the past year or two, I have not been wearing a lot of makeup because of my eczema... but before that period of time? I was using this foundation. I am not sure if it was a contributing fact to my skin drying out even more, but I don't associate this foundation with good skin. I also saw more acne pop up on my cheeks- near my cheekbones (and I am in my mid-late twenties who predominately would break out only on my nose and chin from hormones).

I am sure that there are better full coverage foundations out there! I give it two lippies more for the wide range of colors because I am so yellow/warm and it is hard to find a match sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

MAC's color matching is great, but the makeup can be heavy.

I used this product when I was in my early 20s and living in gross, humid, Houston. I was also waiting tables. So I was usually a sweaty, shiny mess. This makeup does have great coverage...my transvestite friend was actually the person who turned me onto this--he used it to cover his beard once he shaved for performances! So that tells you how much coverage this offers.

I am just too oily to work well with this heavy of a foundation. Even with a blending sponge, it was too suffocating for my skin. Didn't lead to breakouts or streak, but I had to switch to something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kalihagen1

MAC Studio Tech is officially my HG product! For years I had worn MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation and had been unhappy with the way it settled on my skin. While at the MAC counter looking for a different shade of the Studio Fix Fluid, a woman stopped the MAC artist and told him that in her experience as a makeup artist, she found that the MAC Studio Tech creme foundation typically works the best for my skin type. I have never been so thankful for a piece of advice in my life! I quickly fell in love with this product. At first, I found that the product was thick and cakey. Soon I learned that the brush or sponge must be wet to achieve the desired, stunning look. Nothing I have tried before or after this product quite compares. This is also the first product I have bought from MAC that matches my skin perfectly. MAC Studio Tech creme foundation is definitely a product that I would recommend to everyone looking for a good, consistent foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by OmbreJane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love LOVE this product. Finally I found my holy grail. After a 10 year search lol. Ok, first thing first. I used like a hundred foundations in my life, never being completely happy about one of them.
I bought expensives ones and the cheaper ones. The only foundation I bought twice is the mac sculpt. But I didnt like the way it seemed to not blend in my skin, it kinda 'lays' on you're skin. After reading almost every single review on the studio tech, I thought I gave it a try, with not really high hopes, but yeah, it is an amazing foundation.

My skin problems are having large pores on my cheeks and freckels on the side of my face which looks like a beard of freckels lol. I use a good concealer for the side freckels, and I wanted a foundation for my whole face. I wanted it to have full or medium coverage. But still looking natural and 'fresh' and also easy to apply. Well a lot of high coverage foundations seem to sink into your pores, I always check in daylight to see if the pores didn't turned into hugh crators cause of the foundation. I do use a good primer.

When I first tried this foundation I was so curious,I couldn't wait and I put it on right away, without any primer or creme. And I thought it looked so smooth, and it felt smooth. When checking my skin in the daylight, I was suprised it didn't made my face look like a Swiss cheese, since I didn't use a primer.
The next day when I did use a primer and this foundation, I look airbrushed. Perfectly smooth and it gives the covarege that you want, you decide. It looks natural. It doesn't make pores look bigger. It makes them look smaller. Easy to apply (I use my fingers)
It does give you kinda a glow, I guess. It's not completely matt, but I always use a powder to finish my make-up. I have the mac studio fix and foundation powder, also an amazing product, but I find it too heavy to go with this foundation. I don't need more covarege with this product, I need it only for setting the foundation or touch ups (Gonna try Mac's sheer pressed powder to go with this one)

I truly recommend this product to the girls who are looking for the same things as I was in a foundation. Yes, I will buy this product again. And again, and again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by adeballesteros

Another reviewer said: My Holy Grail Foundation. i agree with her. Best foundation i ever had.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by thatmakeupgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went and got the perfect shade picked out for me so it is so comforting not to have to worry about lines. It went on and was instantly perfect. My imperfections weren't visible. It stayed on all day as well. I put Mac Primer on beforehand too. I just love everything about this and would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by saynotococo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using the mineralize foundie, and was curious to try this one. The MUA said this one is slightly more matte than the mineralize. After trying, I can say that it is pretty similar to the mineralize foundie . I honestly can't tell/feel the difference b/w the two.
The one thing I really love about this foundie, is that it gives you a pretty good coverage that you can easily build up thru layers as you go along.... AAANNDDD it doesn't make my face look cakey. Coverage is not 100% perfect, you still need a dab of concealer to totally cover redness/dark spots, otherwise you can still see just a bit there.
I also really love how easy it is to use this product. It ain't messy at all (unlike liquid), just dab the sponge and work by layers.
Using a primer beforehand can achieve greater results. I use MAC bb beauty balm, and it makes the foundie stick better to the skin and holds the oil better, therefore it last longer.
Sometimes I don't use powder on top (if I'm in a hurry) and it still looks ok.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by amary18

This is the only face makeup I wore throughout college. Simply amazing, it's def my go to. I have combination skin, and the coverage is just perfect.

Looks natural, even in the day time :). Using it everyday (M-F) and occasionally on weekends, a palette lasts me around 3-4 months. It's a bit on the pricey side...but keep your containers. Once you hit 6, you can trade in through the recycling program for a lipstick/eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by shamelessme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My holy grail cream foundation!
I purchased this a few weeks ago as part of my weekend retail therapy. I've wanted to try it for as long as I can remember and I thought I'd splurge a little. Best decision ever! I have combination skin at the moment due to the weather, so most of my normal anti-oil foundations look terrible on the dry patches of my skin. However, studio tech is an absolute dream come true to use!

After using MAC prep + prime primer, I buff the foundation (I use the shade NC15) into my skin using a Real Techniques expert face brush, then I go over it with a regular foundation brush to smooth it all out and glide it over any dry patches. It works amazingly! It's a full coverage foundation (easily buildable) that makes your face completely transform, leaving no traces of imperfections and hiding any problem areas you may have. Due to its very full coverage, I would not suggest it as an every day foundation myself. However, for a special event or going out this foundation is absolutely perfect.

It is the first full coverage foundation I've owned that does not make my face look cakey or unnatural. It is so easy to apply and blend into the skin that I believe this foundation will look good on basically anybody, regardless of their application skills or techniques. It's lasting power is also superb. I apply a translucent powder over the studio tech which assists in eliminating shine and prolonging the durability of this foundation. I've found studio tech lasts for up to about 7 hours on my face before beginning to falter, which is impressive as it does not claim to be particularly long lasting. However, if you were to wear it to a party, I'd recommend using a setting spray over the top just so the foundation lasts for as long as possible and doesn't go shiny when you're dancing or partying.

I have read that studio tech has broken people out. I personally have not experienced this at all. It has not worsened my skin situation nor created new problems for it. It successfully eliminates any excess oil I have and does not leave me looking shiny or messy. It also glides over my dry skin and does not draw any attention to it as long as it is properly blended in. Another pro is that it does not oxidise throughout the day, which is perfect for those with pale skin like me. Additionally, studio tech adds a beautiful warmth to the face without making it a different shade.

In summary, I highly recommend this cream foundation. However, if you have very oily skin or very dry skin, try it out before you buy is at it may not give you your desired effect. I am positively in love with this foundation and will repurchase without hesitation.