July 28, 2014 | 1867 users online

Treatments (Face) - Pure Vitamin E Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by wecibeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For my hair, it worked. it can keep my hair soft, detangled and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by NataliaHouston33

I LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by eka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The BEST hand cream under the sun: mix equal parts of shea butter and Vit E.

I also use pure Vit E it under my eyes, but that sometimes gives me tiny pimples around eye area, so I wasn't brave enough to put it on my face. I add it to my home made body creams as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am officially a fan of plastering my face with oil before bed and waking up radiant. At first I was skeptical but after trusting the many people who had recommended it I took the plunge and boy I'm glad I did. It's a scary thing, putting oil on your face as a nighttime moisturizer but you wont regret it in the morning. I have been using just a plain vitamin E oil that I got at Walgreens and it's incredible the difference from my previous mediocre moisturizer to this. Yes, you look an oily mess when you settle down but upon waking up your skin absorbs all the oil and soaks it in, leaving your face clean and free of oil. I find that it's very soothing to my skin, it never hurts my eyes (I even massage it into my eyes and lips) and I bring it down to my neck and chest area to give them some attention I've been neglecting. I have a very dry forehead and oily cheeks and both areas really love the oil so I can recommend it to both oily skin, combo and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the 70,000 IU vitamin E oil which is the very thick, clear "oil" and is the synthetic tocopherol acetate version. I've had this on hand for years and recently went back to it after some time to try and accelerate removal of some dark spots I noticed on my face. Big mistake! I've been using it liberally at night and after just a few days have found that it's given me a bumpy rash below the skin surface with crepy dry skin on top, and some crepiness around the eyes.
I'm now trying to repair the damage by using a calming Avene thermal water spray after cleansing and slapping on some healing Lancome Nutrix before bed. FIngers crossed I'll get my skin back to normal before a big wedding I'm attending in less than two weeks' time - it's undone all my successful (to now) efforts to get my skin looking its best.
This oil works better on the face if diluted with a natural oil like avocado oil, which contains a fair amount of vitamin E in its own right and will help the E oil spread more easily.; or better still, go for the less concentrated natural version. No problems with using it anywhere else on the body.
I'd buy it again, but not for using neat on the face.
Proceed with caution!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

For facial skin- it clogs my pores and I suspect it gave me some under skin bumps. For the body in combination with other oils it is great. If you are not clog prone or acne prone on your face, then Vit E is great for scars. It worked on some scars on my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by christinamariehollis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use vitamin e capsules. I use Nature's Bounty brand, vitamin e - 400IU. I take a capsules and puncture it with a needle and squeeze the oil out.

Vitamin E oil is amazing for healing scars. I have quite a few acne scars on my face. A few days ago I had some fresh acne marks left on my face. I'm talking bright red and some where the skin had just peeled right off; and also a few older purple ones. I started putting vitamin e oil on the fresh ones a few days ago at night time before I go to bed. They are hardly noticeable now. Some of them are gone. Some of the older marks haven't had a dramatic change, but they are definitely fading! I've only been using it for a few days. I can imagine after a few weeks that I will see a dramatic difference.

I couldn't be happier that I found a way to fade left over acne marks and scars quickly. If you apply pure vitamin e oil right after a pimple heals or on a place that you have picked; you can expect the mark/scar to be gone within a few days to a week. Meanwhile it used to take months to heal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The natural form is the dl alpha not the d alpha. d alpha is the synthetic form of the alpha tocopherol form of vitamin E.

That said for external use the synthetic version may cause LESS reaction than the natural kind. The natural one comes from wheat germ oil so if you react badly to wheat, avoid it and if you want to try some go for the synthetic version.

I react to wheat and even the synthetic leaves my skin itchy, red, bumpy with mini hives and it stays that way for hours.

HOWEVER I can tolerate it on my nails and its the best thing ever to heal my cuticles when they separate from my nails. Its easiest if I buy the cheap synthetic in capsules and just use as needed every few months. I pierce and squeeze onto cuticles am & pm till they heal. The vitamin E stays fresh in the capsule not oxidizing at all till the next time I need it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to for any area of my body that is desperately dry or in need of a moisture barrier. I've used a few different generic brands from drugstores over the years because there is absolutely no point in picking up a brand name. Most often I use it on my lips which get extremely chapped and start to peel in the winter. It lasts longer than mosts balms and has an attractive gloss to it. Basically it acts like a lip gloss with benefits. I also love to smear it on my cuticles and on scars to speed up healing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by anonyym