December 19, 2014 | 1580 users online

Treatments (Face) - Pure Vitamin E Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by sugapie1

I read an article the other week. It said you should use oil on spots, acne etc. I thought are they crazy I have enough oil.

So I went out and purchased Vitamin E capsules from boots, 5.99. My theory was if they don't work outwardly then they will inwardly so it won't be a waste. (This article also said evening primrose oil so that's my next adventure alternate each one)

So I got 3 capsules, put a pin inside, squeezed each one into a small tub. (only using eyes and forehead to test this) As my cheeks I'm testing Manuka Honey moisturising cream. Anyway dabbed my ring finger, as it's the easiest one which doesn't apply too much pressure to skin, drag it and create more lines/wrinkles etc. (I leant I only need on capsule, bargain :-) )

A week in, my skin around the eyes in less dull, dewy looking, lines are starting to look more fine ( I don't expect them to every disappear but live in hope) my concealer goes on so much better, it doesn't seem to sit in the lines. I haven't noticed any firmness, still have bags, dark circles etc but wasn't expecting a miracle either. The tiny lines on my forehead also look less noticeable. The spots on my forehead haven't gotten any bigger, I haven't come out in any more either which I thought I would. They are slowly going away.

So far so good, no break outs, fine lines look less noticeable, cheap price so will continue. Shall up date in a few weeks if anything happens like break outs etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by buttssss

I buy it in the pill form and poke a needle through. It's easier to apply in my opinion. If you're like me, and when you get a pimple you put a type of acne medication on it then you should try this. I am already seeing results and I think it's due to the fact that my acne scars are skin that's very dry and damaged. This especially worked for my forehead which looked worse than it was because it had dry skin that moisturizer didn't really help heal. Everyone should definitely try this!!!!!!! But I see there's people that get an allergic reaction so watch out for that!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very fair and my skin tends to be on the dry side. I get psoriasis, and roseaca and it doesn't feel comfortable. My skin cries for moisture, but its also very sensitive as to what I put on my face. I have tried to switch to natural good old home remedy skincare routines and never has my skin felt better. I use Spring Valley Vitamin E 400 IU capsules/softgels as a treatment or serum. I only need one capsule. It can be a pain to open them, but its so worth it. The only thing is that when I put it on my face, it does take a while to set. Therefore, I make sure I allow myself ample time if I have plans to go out. It calms down the redness and most importantly my skin feels so good! It is my savior when my skin starts to flare or becomes flaky. Its also a great price and I got two for one. Sometimes I also mix it in with my coconut oil and use it in place of a body lotion or in lip gloss or in scrubs among other things. There are so many thing that you could do with this. I LOVE IT!

Warning: I suggest trying only a little bit out and seeing how your skin reacts. Some people can use it and not have any problems and some can get irritation. Its like coconut oil. A lot of people swear by it and that it helps their face, but it bothers my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by wecibeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For my hair, it worked. it can keep my hair soft, detangled and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by NataliaHouston33

I LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by eka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The BEST hand cream under the sun: mix equal parts of shea butter and Vit E.

I also use pure Vit E it under my eyes, but that sometimes gives me tiny pimples around eye area, so I wasn't brave enough to put it on my face. I add it to my home made body creams as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am officially a fan of plastering my face with oil before bed and waking up radiant. At first I was skeptical but after trusting the many people who had recommended it I took the plunge and boy I'm glad I did. It's a scary thing, putting oil on your face as a nighttime moisturizer but you wont regret it in the morning. I have been using just a plain vitamin E oil that I got at Walgreens and it's incredible the difference from my previous mediocre moisturizer to this. Yes, you look an oily mess when you settle down but upon waking up your skin absorbs all the oil and soaks it in, leaving your face clean and free of oil. I find that it's very soothing to my skin, it never hurts my eyes (I even massage it into my eyes and lips) and I bring it down to my neck and chest area to give them some attention I've been neglecting. I have a very dry forehead and oily cheeks and both areas really love the oil so I can recommend it to both oily skin, combo and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the 70,000 IU vitamin E oil which is the very thick, clear "oil" and is the synthetic tocopherol acetate version. I've had this on hand for years and recently went back to it after some time to try and accelerate removal of some dark spots I noticed on my face. Big mistake! I've been using it liberally at night and after just a few days have found that it's given me a bumpy rash below the skin surface with crepy dry skin on top, and some crepiness around the eyes.
I'm now trying to repair the damage by using a calming Avene thermal water spray after cleansing and slapping on some healing Lancome Nutrix before bed. FIngers crossed I'll get my skin back to normal before a big wedding I'm attending in less than two weeks' time - it's undone all my successful (to now) efforts to get my skin looking its best.
This oil works better on the face if diluted with a natural oil like avocado oil, which contains a fair amount of vitamin E in its own right and will help the E oil spread more easily.; or better still, go for the less concentrated natural version. No problems with using it anywhere else on the body.
I'd buy it again, but not for using neat on the face.
Proceed with caution!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

For facial skin- it clogs my pores and I suspect it gave me some under skin bumps. For the body in combination with other oils it is great. If you are not clog prone or acne prone on your face, then Vit E is great for scars. It worked on some scars on my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by christinamariehollis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use vitamin e capsules. I use Nature's Bounty brand, vitamin e - 400IU. I take a capsules and puncture it with a needle and squeeze the oil out.

Vitamin E oil is amazing for healing scars. I have quite a few acne scars on my face. A few days ago I had some fresh acne marks left on my face. I'm talking bright red and some where the skin had just peeled right off; and also a few older purple ones. I started putting vitamin e oil on the fresh ones a few days ago at night time before I go to bed. They are hardly noticeable now. Some of them are gone. Some of the older marks haven't had a dramatic change, but they are definitely fading! I've only been using it for a few days. I can imagine after a few weeks that I will see a dramatic difference.

I couldn't be happier that I found a way to fade left over acne marks and scars quickly. If you apply pure vitamin e oil right after a pimple heals or on a place that you have picked; you can expect the mark/scar to be gone within a few days to a week. Meanwhile it used to take months to heal.