April 21, 2014 | 967 users online

Eye Shadow - Ulta - Truffle

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by zuzuwentworth

This is my go-to eyeshadow. Love this. Use it alone on the lid, most days. I have pale skin and hazel and it is a great neutral color without being too boring. Sometimes I'll pair with other colors in the crease for more drama. I've hit the pan 3 times and keep going back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a pretty, easy to wear color. I bought many more of these when they had their last $2 sale on them. I first tried Ulta shadows when I was given one in a gift bag when an Ulta finally opened in my area. Sandstone was the color, and it is still my favorite. Eyeshadows all crease on me, I have very oily lids. This was the first brand of shadow I ever found that I can wear for many hours with no primer and no creasing. They are pigmented very nicely, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by webmiztris

The color of this works so well on me. It has a nice pigment to it and is just fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ulta has taken a huge markdown on their private label cosmetic line. The eye shadows are selling for $2.00, so I decided to order 15 of them. Truffle was my first choice, and as I would suspect when it arrived, it looked nothing like the swatch on the Ulta website. Other reviewers have stated that this shadow is a taupe shade. IMO, this shade is not taupe, but a warm gold with slight mocha tones.

This shade makes a perfect all-over color wash. I applied Truffle on my lids and added gel eyeliner in either navy or olive, and both looked sensational. Next time, I will try it with bronze. Also, I purchased Lustre, which looked two shades darker on the web, and turned out to be lighter than Truffle. Again, so much for looking at swatches on the web...I will definitely purchase this color again...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shimmery taupe for an everyday wash over the eyelid. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a soft, sheer, shimmery taupe. The color I have looks nothing like the peachy swatch with this review. I match it with Ulta Suede in the crease. It's also a good basic overall wash color. It would be a nice starter color for someone just getting into makeup or on a budget. If you have a lot of taupes, however, it's not real thrilling. The "4" rating more describes how I would feel if I actually needed another shadow like this instead of having 12 of them....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I have a hard time describing this color, it's like a very faint pinky-browny-taupe. It does have a pearly finish, but it's not extremely vibrant or obvious in any way. It doesn't show up very well on my NC25 skin (it looks like a faint, neutral peach-grey color) but I'll keep it around for blending purposes. I considered using it as a highlighter, but it didn't show up well enough (or light enough) for that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Pretty neutral color. But, it doesn't really show up on me I have to layer this. Also, it's lighter on the lid than it appears in the pan. This is a nice everyday light wheat with shimmer. No sparkles. No fallout. However, I'm considering swapping this because I have too many dupes. I find MAC Femme Fi to give me similar results with slightly better pigmentation. I generally love Ulta shadows, they are inexpensive and most have good formulaton and blend well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Pshduhalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eyeshadow is a really great neutral color,especially for a "no makeup" look. Its shimmery, but not gaudy. You get much better pigmentation when you apply it wet. It also looks fantastic with black liquid liner for a classic look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I discovered this shade of ULTA eyeshadow while they were having a very good sale. I have many of the more neutral ULTA shades and was looking for something new when I found this one. This is a perfect "go to" shade. It is just a pretty soft beigey taupe color that works for everyday. It's not so "colorless" that you can't see the shade on your eyelid, but it's not so deep that you'd feel uncomfortable with it as a daytime shadow. It is a softer formulation so there is fallout if you don't tap your brush off, it also has a nice soft shimmer in it, but not OTT. It's longwearing with an eyeshadow base such as UDPP. I also have paired this with ULTA's Copper Bronze eyeshadow and it makes a very pretty neutral summer eye combo.

I put dirt cheap as these were $3 on sale. The packaging only get 2 lippies because it's a bit flimsy and the top can crack easily.

I own at least a dozen or more of the ULTA shadows and always get them on BOGO or sale prices. ULTA also does palette's of their shadows all the time, so if you want to get alot of colors for a little money, that's the way to go.