April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clinique - All About Eyes Rich

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Mariannn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been struggling with eyelid dermatitis for over a year now which is extremely itchy, flaky and started to give me fine lines under my eyes. Being only 19, this was pretty concerning to me so I started trying all sorts of creams to get rid of my eczema. No prescription cream worked except mild hydrocortisone which I was extremely wary to use around my eyes. However, I recently got a sample of 'All About Eyes Rich' and the results were so amazing I had to go buy the full size product. It has completely transformed the skin around my eyes. Although it is a bit pricey, I feel that the benefits make the price completely justifiable.

Pros - Intensively moisturises, smooths skin, brightens eye area, reduces dark circles and appearance of fine lines.

Cons - quite expensive for a small 15ml pot

I would completely recommend this to anyone, especially if you are suffering from very dry skin/eczema of the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Doesn't irritate & really does work. Very good price too! It's much better than more expensive eye creams. It really dissolves around the eye & is very moisturizing without being irritating. Have been using this for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

Not a fan of clinique makeup,but I do love their skin care. I just bought this a few days ago so I can't comment on the ability to reduce dark circles,plus mine are really bad so I will need concealer anyway. I usually don't have any puffiness or bags under the eye,so again, cannot comment. I had half a jar of all about eyes that I got as a hand me down from my mom. It worked wonders under my makeup,but it wasn't moisturizing enough. And a huge disaster for winter.
So then I went out and got this. Lovely. I don't yet need anti aging stuff. Just a good thick moisturizer. This one is perfect. I dont need to reapply and despite being so thick, my concealer stays on pretty well. The only downside is that if I am wearing eye makeup I have to avoid using it on the upper lid. No biggie.
Also,at first I thought this was super expensive. After doing a little research, I realised that 30 dollars was on the lower range for an eye cream! But there is a good 15ml in it so I presume it will last close to a year.
If you have dry skin and/or find liquid concealer to be drying this just might work.
(It doesnt get rid of fine lines,but it moisturises and plumps it up a little so it looks much much better. But that effect is gone the moment you end up with dry skin again)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Georginaa

"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?"

OH DEFINITELY YES.

I use this in conjunction with the Clinique All About Eyes in warmer days. In cold days, I use this both on mornings and nights.

I have yet to find another eye cream which is as moisturizing as this. Yes, it does not really help with dark eye circles/puffiness etc, but if you want a simple, intensely hydrating eye cream this is for you.

Plus this baby is pretty concentrated so a jar lasts a longggg time.

This is the only eye cream which prevents my horrible dry patches from appearing when applying undereye concealer in wintertime. Love this!!

(Wanted to start a beauty blog but would like a bit of feedback from my posts here first so I can further improve - pls rate if you find this helpful or unhelpful! Thanks so much)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Eman123

I'm only 22 I've had a few fine lines and dark circles and after using this product I noticed fine lines at the corners of my eyes that I've never had before. It also made the fine lines under my eyes even worse I got even more. I mean it moisturizes well but it also irritates my eyes. Oh forgot to mention that my bags are still there. I don't know what to do now I'm so bothered that I might have crows feet I mean my mom doesn't even have that. All these chemicals they put in these creams make everything worse it's not even worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ero2t

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this. Recently I've been revamping my skincare and trying to get serious. I've been reading Caroline Hirons and other bloggers and learning that my skin is dry rather than dehydrated. As I'm prone to POD and rosacea, I'm trying to use really moisturising products that aren't heavy, and layering different products. So as I had great success with Clinique's Overnight Moisture Surge Mask, I thought I'd try this. I've been using it for the last two weeks and although I love the texture, I just can't recommend. As an aside, I love the colour (pastel pink is so lovely in skincare products)! But I've tried, Clinique, really I did. I struggled though each morning with sore streaming eyes and went through a number of concealers I keep on hand trying to make one work...all to no avail.

This stuff just irritates the hell out of my eyes. And as an eye cream, that just ain't no good. It seems to make the skin under my eyes even more dry. I'm only 37 so lord knows what it does on people older than me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by fpih

I'm hitting 40 in a couple of months and I realized my simple, basic eye cream wasn't working anymore as the lines around my eyes were getting more and more pronounced. I searched the reviews and this one was recommended by many people even older than me, for being very hydrating and also having some anti-aging effects. Well, after 3 weeks of use, I've noticed no anti-aging effects. Which after looking closely in the package and the online blogs, this cream doesn't claim to have anyway. But it hasn't helped with the puffiness either, which I've had since my 20s.

However, it has worked wonders for my under eye area, which apparently was being under-hydrated all these months. For the first week I used it up to 4(!) times daily, because my skin would soak all of it after 4-5 hours tops. After that week, I reverted to twice daily, one in the morning, one in the evening and my skin's perfectly smooth and baby-soft every hour in between. Also, the intense hydration has helped soften some of my crow's feet lines which were probably caused by lack of hydration rather than age (*phew*). Needless to say, this is not too rich or too oily for me and hasn't created any millia or triggered any allergic reaction as quite a few others have. The jar though, has been emptying on a much faster rate than other reviews suggest; I think it'll be a wonder if I have any left after a total of 3 months.

I'm getting more and more impressed with the Clinique line lately; I thought it was only for younger people and had given it up for the past decade. But lately my skin became more and more sensitive and allergy prone, so I came back to their fragrance-free products and it seems almost everything I try works on me. My next buy will be their CC cream; I now have high hopes for it. As for the eye cream? I'll try to find something with more anti-aging ingredients, but meanwhile, I'll be keeping this on stock.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is -after a long search and trying out a million eye creams- my current favourite eye cream and I love it.

My skin is oily to combination, dehydrated, acne-prone with rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. Iīm heading towards 40 and need a good eye treatment.

Normally, my skin needs light moisturizers and moisturizing serums. This doesnīt work for my undereye area. All of those light and fresh eye creams I tested never worked well. For some reason, I need a heavy duty eye cream and not a more liquid eye cream. When I wake up, I sometimes see very prominent lines under my eyes, which only appear when this area is very dry and dehydrated.

Enter All About Eyes Rich. My MAC make up artist recommended it months ago to me and she said it was the best eye cream around. She struggles with dry eye area too and the eye cream was on offer, so I bought one jar.

This shouldnīt be called eye cream. It is so heavy and thick, itīs more like an eye balm. If you turn the opened jar around, there will be no cream dripping from the jar.

That makes it a truly ingenious eye cream for me. Some of the ingredients are shea butter, green tea extract, caffeine, hyaluronic acid and a vitamin c derivate.

I aplly it on damp eye area after washing my face. Although the cream is thick, ir spreads easily and sinks in nicely. I wear the eye cream in daytime under my concealer (BB Corrector/Concealer or MAC ProLongwear) and sometimes in the evening.

It wears very nice, never bothered my sensitive eyes and the best thing is, my undereye area is not dry and crinkled anymore. And my concealer works better because my undereye area is well moisturized and plump.

The eye cream lasts pretty long as you only need a tiny amount, so itīs well worth the price IMO.

It didnīt give me milia or any bad reaction.

I donīt really think itīs anti ageing in a true sense as it doesnīt contain much anti ageing ingredients, but it prevents my eyes from getting creepy lines and getting dry.

I have dark circles too, but theyīre hereditary, so I just moisturize well and use a good corrector/concealer and thatīs it. If youīre interested in some info about dark circles and treatments, check the notepad of the user Marsen. There are other eye creams to help with this problem.

But letīs be honest, you can use vaseline, a good quality carrier oil as rosehip oil or pure shea butter as a moisturizer under your eyes. The fact that Iīm using a special eye cream is due to the fact that this cream works better for me than the mentioned products.

Iīd recommend this to people, who want a heavy duty eye cream which is very rich. Also for people who struggle with dry undereye area or need a rich base for their undereye concealer.

For me, this is one of the few eye creams in my life that I will buy again.

Update 26/02/2014

Iīm on my second jar of this wonderful eye cream and still love it. I slather it on at night (although you only need a tiny amount, but I just love it) and wake up with moisturized skin underneath my eyes. I use it day and night for almost a year and feel quite satisfied with the performance. Doesnīt migrate in my eyes even when I use a large amount at night, doesnīt burn, doesnīt sting and never bothered my sensitive eyes.
I admit that I got samples of other thick heavy balms as the Skinceuticals eye balm, which was a big failure and was a lot more expensive than this one and the Kiehls Avocado eye cream, which didnīt provide enough moisture for me.
But this one will be a staple in my bathroom as it lasts a long time and isnīt too expensive in comparison to other eye balms/thick eye creams.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Abellabella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While this keeps my dry eye skin away, I think it is too oily for day time. I can see that my eyes are all oily in the middle of the day and it is very embarrassing to have such oily eyes while I'm at meetings.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by musika81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the All about eyes cream every night for at least 8 years, and loved it. It has been great at de-puffing, line prevention, and dark circles. However, when I just went to buy a new jar since I ran out and found Clinique has changed its formula!! It no longer works! I might as well be putting nothing on. I would take this straight back to Clinique however I already threw away my receipt and box. I'm extremely disappointed with Clinique, as over the years, they keep changing formulas to use cheaper ingredients that cause irritation, breakouts, and I no longer can use their face creams, makeup, and now my beloved eye cream. I've been a faithful Clinique customer for 20 years, as was my mother, and we are extremely disappointed in the quality of product. Will have to find a new brand :(