April 17, 2014 | 1296 users online

Treatments - Skyn Iceland - Nordic Skin Peel

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Deb78

Unfortunately I had a very bad reaction to these, and once that calmed down a had a couple of monster breakouts- this product really threw my skin out of whack. I'm sure the huge amounts of alcohol in a product supposedly aimed at sensitive skin doesn't help- one to avoid for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by girlnextdoor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these to brighten my skin up before my wedding, and I have very mixed feelings.
Good:
They make your skin feel great, tightened and brighter, and a little cooled and tingly. My mom used them as well for a few days before the big event, and they made her look really youthful and glowy.
The cloth pads are more luxurious than other disposable pads I have used, and they are thoroughly soaked in the peeling solution.
They leave a bit of a film on your face that keeps it from getting tight, it seemed to be a humectant that kept me lightly moisturized, and I experienced very little irritation and reddening.

Bad:
Lots of alcohol in this.
My biggest problem was that these caused these weird bumps on the sides of my chin. They weren't cystic acne or any other kind of zit, they were like caluses. There were about 7 on each side, and they took about 3 months to disappear after I figured out that these were to blame and stopped using them. Still not sure what happened, but these were the only thing I added, and the only thing I took away.

I won't buy again because of the bumps, they really were the strangest reaction I've ever experienced. There were a lot of good effects from these, so if you have tough skin, maybe give them a try, but if you get mystery bumps, cut them out immediately so that you don't have as long of a recovery time as I did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am undecided about this product.

Picked it up on a whim during a Victoria's Secret Tier splurge.

Yes, when used daily it does exfoliate. Yes, it's a decent swipe and wipe peel type product.

But their are so many of these products out there now, and with much more immediate results, I'm not certain this is a contender.

I wrote "Yes" on repurchase, because if someone is new to the swipe and wipe exfoliation thing, they might find this product a good place to start ....

but there's a lot of alcohol in this product, and it's really not appropriate for sensitive skin.

Cane + Austin has a fanstastic glycolic swipe; Dr. Dennis Gross (see my other reviews, if interested); Philosophy's pads .... the list goes on and on.

Overall, this is good, not spectacular. Probably more like a 3.65.

I prefer pads with less alcohol, and I love the fact that Dr. Gross has individually wrapped his swipe and wipe treatments and completely eliminated these tubs.

I used these as a toner, which seems to me, because of the alcohol content, closer to what they are, presoaked toner pads, more so than treatment pads, per se.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Noirablue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For starters, I am old--54--but I still get blemishes, esp. in the T-zone. My skin is still very oily. (The upside is, I have very few wrinkles...) Anyway, I bought these peel-pads after my forehead got more and more "bumpy" with little breakouts under the top skin layer.

I have been using these daily for about 3 weeks, and I notice a huge difference in the condition of my skin. The breakouts are nearly gone, and my face is not only smoother, but more even in color, and brighter in tone.

I would say these are strong--which is okay for me--but I could NOT recommend them for anyone skin on the dry side.

Overall a very good exfoliant for those with oily skin and/or minor blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by manlhk

It is a natural product. It is pretty gentle yet I was still not sure if it is function as a scrub/exfoliator after using 3 jars. To me, it is more like a tonic.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Dollface303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these little wipes! I have really dry flaky skin that looks horrible under primer. I use these followed by the Antidote Daily Quenchin lotion and my skin looks flawless! I also love the intense cooling sensation!! Definately would recomend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Petalofarose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a dark spot on my ankle from me rubbing it and using a dermaroller. I always try peels in Sephora to see if they will fade the dark spot. For months I have been doing this to no avail (philosophy, Henriksen, etc). Lo and behold I used the Skyn peel pads on the area and the next day the spot had faded by 80%. Now, I am not saying this fades dark spots. My darkened area was due to skin irritation. All I needed was a product to remove that top layer of skin. This is the ONLY product that did it. I went back and bought the pads. I rated it a 4* because the pads cost $45.00 a jar and they do leave some type of sticky residue. The fact that they due function as a peel is undeniable though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Talk about gross hypocrisy. The founder of this line created Skyn Iceland because she wanted something that would help reduce toxicity and the effects of stress on skin. The website touts that they don't use parabens and are natural and pure and gentle and blah blah blah. Interesting, then, that this is one of the most toxic products around according to Cosmetic Database (9/10, as are most of Skyn's offerings). FYI Sarah Kugelman, gold, silver and artificial fragrance are highly toxic--maybe in your 18 months of "tireless research" you could have figured that out.
Even if it weren't for that outrageous flaw, the performance of these pads is very poor. They leave a gross film behind, and make my not-at-all-sensitive skin turn irritated and red. Failure on every level (except the packaging, which is kind of cute).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mimimachine

I bought this at Sephora as I'm finding I'm really liking the majority of Skyn Iceland's products. I wanted something to refine my pores and exfoliate my skin without stripping it of moisture. I live in Canada and we have harsh winters. My skin is combination with breakouts around the time of my period. This peel leaves my skin feeling soft, glowy and clean. I've been using it about a week and I'm starting to see a difference in the texture of my skin. I am 29 but don't have many lines or wrinkles but I would definitely like to minimize my pores in the t zone. This combined with Dr. Brandt's Pore Vacuum treatment is great. The pads do not burn, they don't dry me out, and I like how soft my skin feels afterwards. Can't wait to see what results I will have after a month. My only complaint is the packaging. It's hard to pull one pad out at a time. They should find a way to seperate them somehow. Another reviewer mentioned they use half a pad. I might try this as I think half a pad will easily cover my whole face. The price is good for 60 pads. Finally, a nice gentle peel on the market!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about seven weeks, along with the Glacial cleanser. It is wonderful. Each night, I put half a pad on (being a broke college student, I economize). In the morning, my face is glowing. I can't say enough good things about the Skyn line. My skin is sensitive and prone to breakouts, but the peel did not irritate my skin. It cleared up my breakouts. The products are expensive, but they last a long time. I am very happy with Skyn products.