November 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Balancing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by 7954

***THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE KAOLIN POWDER in FAIR!!***
everyday minerals has truly created a transparent finishing powder with this. many finishing powders claim to be transparent, but we see that slight pigmentation! I use this over my foundation, it adds no colour, yet truly reduces shine throughout the day; LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 4:24:00 PM More reviews by redcurrant

I think this is a pretty good product so I am surprised at the reviews. I apply just a little bit under my foundation and it successfully keeps my face from looking oily. It goes on translucent on my dark skin. If you put on too much it can look dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by purepink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is fantastic when applied UNDER the foundation. it really helps prime for my foundation on a normal day. but when i need EXTRA staying I use my BE primer, balancing powder and then use the make up. This keeps my oilies down (as much as anything can for me) and definitly keeps my makeup from sliding off my face. again, this is much much better when used under the makeup.Of course you can use it again after the makeup for that velvety porceline doll look. i LOVE this in the tinted formula, it adds that little bit of oomph before i add my MMU so i use less foundation :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kaylaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not think that it controlled oil, and the colour is waaaay too light for my t-zone (and I am very pale!) I'm sticking with the Tinted Silk Dust and Finishing Powder!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by bec_succubus

I got this product from a girl who sold it over one of the forums.Since the price was low, I bought it from her. Sure, it did control the oiliness in my tzone but i guess it is too white for me. What I did is to put it under the foundation just so that I dont look like a ghost. When it comes to packaging, my gosh, the stuff was all over the place. I had to clean my makeup bag and purse since it leaked from the container.

Over all, I dont think I would repurchase this. Will just finish this one pot but will switch to the tinted one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by lsls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW..I was really suprised to see the bad reviews....I am a tanned person check profile pic and though it can leave a whitish cast, just blend or usee bronzer after....this powder leaves me completely matte, skins so soft and no breakouts. It is a really awesome powder, If they did make it tinted I would prefer tinted like BE tinted mv....not EM tinted powders I find they are too dark, and make my skin look muddy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

It's not a bad product, but it does make the mineral makeup much more mask-like. It goes on pretty heavy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The color is too white, besides that it doesn't help my controling my oilyness, the finishing dust is much better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*This review is for the new 'TINTED' Balancing Powder.

I was torn between purchasing the new Tinted Balancing Powder or the new Tinted Silk Dust, so I bought the Tinted Balancing Powder instead and LOVE it! The color it very neutral- (which is what I was looking for... no pink tones to it at all)- and it is really good at keeping my oily summer skin at bay. Plus, it doesn't change the color of my foundation! Great product and would purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by robynethridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used the silk dust, finishing powder, and this balancing powder. I do think the balancing powder does a better job at controlling the oil on my skin, but I still do have to blot by lunch for sure. My skin is just super oily! I have used it just under the foundation and then on bottom and top of the foundation. Either way seems to work fine. I actually prefer to use it first and last; I think I like it more than the finishing powder. I really don't think the silk dust controlled oil at all.

Update: This does seem to leave a whitish cast on my face and I have found that Physicians formula mineral veil does a nice job as controlling my oil and covering my pores. The balancing powder has also been discontinued.