November 26, 2014 | 1828 users online

Gels/Soaps - C.O. Bigelow - Lemon Cream Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome product! Smells great! Deserving of all the praise! Invigorating, creamy, cleansing, and wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by puffling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Big statement from me here but this is THE best body wash/shower gel I've ever used and believe me I have tried hundreds. It smells great and is a perfect pick me up in the morning. The lemon is sharp but sweet like the filling in a lemon meringue pie. The lather is creamy and rich and you don't need to use a lot to get good results. What I wasn't expecting is how awesome it has made my skin feel. It's so soft and silky after I've used this with no need for lotion. I love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by lauralovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Why?

*The scent is fresh and delicious
*It has a soft, light, creamy lather.
*It's soap free, paraben free, and contains no artificial fragrance.
*Leaves my skin feeling fresh and moisturized after I use it.

I really don't have any complaints, only good things to say. Great product. Everything I want in a body wash. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Olom

Ugh... I was so excited about trying this because of its 'skin brightening' properties and because I love the Lemon Body Cream but this cleanser broke me out in rashes all over my arms, legs, and lower back for some reason... after just trying it once! I thought just maybe it had to be something else so I continued to use it for a couple more days and still my skin was red, bumpy, and itchy. I stopped using it just yesterday and my skin isn't as gross anymore - it's beginning to clear up. So, sadly I think this body cleanser was the culprit. Too bad because it was relatively expensive ($18 CDN)... *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Vroomz

I really like this body wash, the lemon scent wakes me up in the morning and the scent is vary vary light after you shower. What I also like about this product is that its gentle on my skin. I have eczema therefore really sensative skin. I usually stay away from fragrance products but it said its fragrance free and it hasn't affected me at all! when i can find a product that smells nice and doesn't affect me is a plus. As for the price, i like C.o. Bigelow products but they can be a little pricey for my taste but i got this on sale so that was a bonus as well. even if it wasn't on sale I'd get it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by rysher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The lemon scent of this body wash is very refreshing! It's not too strong but definitely wakes me up in the morning. The scent doesn't linger, which I always like in a body wash because I don't like it to clash with my perfume. I only need a little to get a pretty good lather, and after six months I'm just finishing up the tube! However, I'd prefer a richer lather and a more moisturizing body wash. This was just okay for the price- I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

How much do I like C.O. Bigelow's Lemon Cream body wash? When it was on sale for $4 a tube last week, I bought eight tubes. That's how much I like C.O. Bigelow's Lemon Cream body wash.

I really feel like I'm doing my skin a favor every time I shower with this. I tend to have dry, eczema-prone skin with occasional breakouts on my chest, so soap is completely out of the question. In turn, this non-soap body wash is complete HG material. It moisturizes the dry parts of my skin and keeps my chest soft and clear. After washing, Lemon Cream leaves no residue, and after using this for a few months, my pale skin actually seemed to have a bit of a glow.

The scent is great, as well- more like a lemon pudding than fresh lemons. Really, the only complaint I have is that a good amount of product is required to get a lather going, and that product runs out more quickly than you'd hope for the price. Still, I guess that's why we should all be glad for the Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual Sale.

11/20/09 Edit: After using this product for about a year, I find that I don't reach for it as often now. It's wonderful for days when my skin is very dry, but the lack of lather almost feels like I'm applying a lotion instead of a body wash. I only pay $4 per tube, but if I'd paid the full $16, I would feel really ripped off. At that price, you're better off with Boscia's Jujube body wash, which lathers better but it still eczema-friendly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this, but I'm not liking it enough to buy it again. I got the small size at the BBW sale, and I would not pay full price.
You need a lot to lather, and 2 squeezes (for me) emptied the bottle. Smells nice, feels nice,but for the price I could do better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by yokojoano

I've purchased this a few times now, and its definitely become my go-to body wash for several reasons

1. its not harsh, at all

2. its not drying or especially moisturizing, its just neutral and cleansing

3. it smells delicious in the shower, but fades quickly, which I personally like in a daily wash, because I don't want to clash with whatever perfume I am in the mood for that day (currently Chanel No19, my HG)

4. I don't have to use very much

5. Soap-free

Its expensive, I prefer stocking up on sale, but I have paid full price. I like it that much! Its just clean and pleasant and soothing for me. I don't know that it brightens skin, but I LOVE that it doesn't dry me out like most body washes do (especially bath and body works products)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Niki4507

I would purchase this again if it were on sale, but I have a difficult time paying full price for anything at bath & body works. Usually they have a lemon C.O. Bigelow sale, and I get it for half price.

That being said, I have extremely itchy skin to where I was tearing it up scratching. Sorta gross mental picture, but you get the idea of how bad it was. I tried this after trying the rosemary mint body wash and not being able to find it in a store.

You do have to use a bit of it to get a long-lasting lather on the shower pouf, but i tend to over pour anyway so it's not a big deal. I don't use any more of it than I did the previous body washes.

I like that this is a soap-free cleanser, which helps with the itching. I don't see it brightening my skin at all, but that wasn't why I bought it. It also smells really good to me....I really like it.