July 23, 2014 | 1917 users online

Crème - Black Opal - True Color Creme To Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by TrueSugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like that product. whenever I wear it I always get complaints on how great my skin looks. the price is right. The packaging is simple. My foundation did not a smell. The only issue I have, is that it is hard to find. I would purchase this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I loved this foundation. Its easy and quick to apply and it applied with a matte finish and I found a perfect match. But it does nothing to slow oil breakthrough and as the previous reviewer stated, it transfers onto everything. Do not wear this to a function where you will be hugging people cause it will ruin everyone's clothes, including your own.

I'll wear this only when I'm making a quick trip away from home or around the house but wearing this one all day would be impossible.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Futurelove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This thing is literally my life !!! I cannot go without it ! I'm a student so the price is just right for me, about 12 bucks in Canada. Beautiful Bronze matches my colour seamleassly and its moisturizing (great for canadian winters :P). There are 2 downsides though, the oil tends to come through eventually despite the fact I put on primer and the BO pressed powder. And you can't touch your face because it transfers to ANY and EVERYTHING!!!! Major annoyance, however considering the price I'll put up with it..until I'm willing to shell out for higher end makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by gracefullyme7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned the awful scent of this product. I love the colors Black Opal offers and I can tolerate most of their products' shortcomings (especially the color transfer! grrr.), but I wore this for one day and never wore it again. I couldn't stand the smell of it... I was totally self conscious about whether or not others could smell my face... it was that strong. The coverage was nice, but it melted off my skin just at the light touch of a finger. Maybe in winter when your skin is more thirsty for moisture it'll hold on to your face, but I will not give it another go.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by kclarke26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried Hazelnut it turned my skin orange. This foundation stick is ok the coverage was very weak my skin is very hyperpigmented. Sam Fine the makeup artist said he used Hazelnut on Oprah and Halle Berry. I was kind of skeptical about that because they have two different skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ii_luv_makeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation for my combination skin. I must say that Black Opal is by far the best foundation that i have tried yet. It gives me a flawless powder finished look. and tha price was very reasonable. I am very pleased with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Winter has truly come to the east coast and I am using Retin-A products and getting AHA peels. My face is very dry & flaky. So its time to switch to my winter skin regime; Cetaphil cream and a tiny bit of vitamin E oil at night. Started looking for foundation formulated for dry skin. Always a challenge to find the right shade of medium-dark brown with yellow & red undertones. I tried Loreal HIP#818,820,824 (#820 is my HG perfect color when skin not so dry), MAC NW45 & NC4? mixture, Iman Clay6(original form d/c), Milani CTP(too yellow), Black Radiance CTP & sticks, Prescriptive (CustomBlend, pretty but expensive). To my surprise, BO CTP foundation in 'Hazelnut' & 'Nutmeg' is a perfect shade/undertones. I have developed a greater respect for BO products. Especially the foundations. They have rich, highly pigmented, true-colors, with a variety of undertones, that look great and wear well. And they are reasonably priced and easy to find (Walmart, CVS, beauty supply stores) in ethnically diverse neighborhoods. You can also find them online; ie www.allurebeautysupply.com or ebay. continued >>