October 22, 2014 | 1419 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Desert Essence - Vanilla Chai Hand and Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

As most reviewers have already said the scent is AMAZING! If you love foodie chai smells and flavours you will love this... you will seriously smell like a warm chai drink perfect for those rainy days. Its a light texture that sinks into the skin relatively quickly and smell lingers so I love that but if you are adverse to fragrance give this a miss. I love that it doesn't have any nasty chemicals in it and it is so cheap from iherb!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by MostlyNatural

The smell is infectious. It goes on nicely and absorbs quickly. You don't feel oily for hours like most lotions. But, beware, it will stain light garments!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this lotion to be moisturizing, fairly fast-absorbing, non-irritating, and non-greasy, and I suffer from really dry skin, including patches of eczema. I wouldn't recommend this particular lotion to people who are super-sensitive to strong scents, however. While the spicy vanilla chai scent is delicious, it's even a bit too much for me as it does linger for quite awhile. I love the creamy formula though, and I'd go with Desert Essence's lotion in a different scent or perhaps the unscented version. The lack of artificial fragrances/colors, parabens, and SLS are a huge plus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this body lotion. It smells like a chai latte, and is a bit strong on application but it does fade rather quickly.
I am allergic to a lot of fragrance/chemicals in body products but I haven't had one problem with this.
I usually get either clogs or dry patches with most lotions and this stuff has made my skin very happy and healthy.
It is my new favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by PetuniaCom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a really strong scent and I barely smell the vanilla, but a lot more of the chai. But that aside, it moisturizes pretty well. I use it on my hands at home to keep my hands from getting too dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

One word, YUM! Yes it does smell like its name. I am a huge fan of delicious smelling body lotions and this one is defiantly in my top 5! All around a great lotion, natural, moisturizing (not oily or waxy) and smells good enough to eat! When I say it smells good enough to eat I mean it, it doesn’t have that sickening artificial scent but smells like the real deal!

SIDE NOTE~ Doing some research on this product i have found out it has been reformulated and the new name of this product is Spicy Chai Hand and Body Lotion with a new ingredients list. My review is done on the original product.

New ingredient list.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera) Juice*, Camellia Sinensis (Black Tea) Leaf Extract*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, SD Alcohol 38-B*, Glycerin (Palm), Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Jojoba Esters, Stearic Acid (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Leuconostoc Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Natural Fragrance/Flavor (Parfum/Aroma), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllata (Clovebud) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Phytate, Water (Aqua) * Certified Organic

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Veronica111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice scent, but too light moisturizing. It's good in the summer.
Would be perfect with more emollient factors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by saartjesmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I'm a big fan of chai tea and Desert Essence in general, and once I saw this I had to give it a try. I originally was looking for a intensive-but-natural lotion to put on my absurdly dry feet (I think it might be some kind of dermatitis), and although this isn't *quite* moisturizing enough to solve that issue, I fell in love anyway. I get dry cuticles and hands during the winter (I live in the lovely PNW) and this is helping me stave it off. Not to mention, the scent reminds me of cuddling with my sweetie with a warm cup of chai in front of a fire, and after a while wears off to a slightly sweet, spicy alluring smell... it's hard to describe, but if DE puts out a perfume that smells like this too I'm buying 10. It's feminine without being girly, and a comforting, warming vanilla smell without being nauseatingly sweet or overwhelmingly foody.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was given this lotion as a gift and am very pleased I got the chance to try it. I am particularly pleased in general to have found the Desert Essence line, as I am looking to be as natural as possible with my skincare routine, and this contains natural ingredients with no bad chemicals.

The lotion itself is quite fluid (though not annoyingly runny) and only a small amount is needed to cover quite a big area. It absorbs quickly and easily and leaves no greasy residue afterwards. Whilst this is a good thing, I do feel it is quite a light lotion, so tend to prefer to use it in the summer months when my skin still needs moisturising but is not so dry. In the winter I prefer a slightly heavier, more moisturising cream. One tube of this lasts me a very long time (though I do alternate it with different lotions each day).

I love the vanilla chai scent of this lotion, in which you can smell the sweetness of the vanilla with added spice. It kind of reminds me of Christmas candles as it is a nice warm scent, but I still feel it is suitable to use in the summer, as when it is all absorbed I can really only smell a nice sweet fragrance on my skin. The scent lasts on my skin for a couple of hours before fading. I am onto my second tube of this lotion and would repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

I bought this awesome cream at the wrong time of the year! I love the scent, it's so cinnamony with hints of tea (real tea!) and vanilla....but in my mind, that makes it a cool-weather lotion! It's just not springy enough for me to use right now! So, I'm stuck with my Burt's Bees Radiance for the summer, but I'm looking forward to this Vanilla Chai in the fall!

The cream itself is great, very very moisturizing, but doesn't just sit on your skin, it absorbs pretty quickly. It's nice and thick, but not too thick, and really feels smooth when you put it on. I love this stuff, but just wish I'd picked a more summery scent I could use right now!

Would recommend, their formula rocks.