October 30, 2014 | 1799 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Desert Essence - Almond Hand and Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by md8405

love this lotion was looking for a sweet scent this did it for me as well as it great lotion not ti greasy and sinks in well!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kirstie204

I don't know why everyone doesn't like this more. Me, I have a strange skin problem that crops up whenever I'm stressed out or wash my hands too much. My skin just gets really itchy and inflamed. Anyway, I haven't found a lotion that'll make the itching/problem go away...until this one. Other lotions would just worsen the problem or not do anything. But this one, this one has helped me get rid of my problem several times (I stop applying it, then it comes back). I guess it really works for me because there is a lot of oils in the ingredients-almond, sunflower, jojoba, shea butter, and glycerin.
And on top of that, I absolutely love the smell of almonds-both the sweeter version and the nuttier version. (And it's vegan!)
The only caveat I can think of is that it is a bit more expensive than I'd like. Then again, I'm a cheapskate.
This is probably one of the products I feel most strongly about, really.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this lotion smells like play-doh , and that doesn't make me happy.
Besides that, it doesn't absorb very well. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by sg123

I'll say the same about this as I did about the coconut version of this: smells yummy, inexpensive for an organic product, and works well. I like to put on my hands, knees & elbows at bedtime during the winter. Soaks in very nicely, heals any redness in my knuckles from wind chapping. (I usually don't use it in the summer as it is very heavy.) I rotate between this and the coconut one as I tend to tire of the smells after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by berkeleybear95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dy hands. The rest of my skin is ok, not too dry, bit not radiant and soft. I prefer products that don't have a lot of chemicals in it. Desert essence is one of my favorite brands. This my favorite lotion ever!!!!! I've tried a lot of lotions, believe me, but this is the best!!! I never knew how great almond scents were, but this one is nice and sweet. It makes my hands and the reat of my skin soft, and radiant. I wish it were available in a bigger size, but it lasted me awhile; you don't need that much. I used it in my hair too, and it made my dry curls, soft and shiny. This is pretty expensive for such a little bottle, but I'll definately be getting this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by SensitiveCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the sweet almond smell of this lotion. Don't worry the smell if you think it's strong because it will go away in 5 mins or so. It's very moisturizing. Good that it for both the hand and body, I don't have to use seperate things for my hand and body after shower. I have no allergic reaction to this, and it calms my sensitive skin all over. Nice organic lotion. It doesn't contain parabens, phosphates, artificial fragrances or colors, silicones, EDTA, glycol or petroleum based ingredients. Everything is 100% Vegan/Wheat & Gluten free according to the packaging said.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by bettyjay

love Desert Essence hand creams. Perfect for cold winter days when your hands are dry and cracked. Feels so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

I originally got this while visiting a Whole Foods in another city. I ran out a few days ago which made me very sad because this is my go to body lotion. it smells so delicious! I was at tj maxx today i saw they had 3 of them all for a price much cheaper than at whole foods. so i bought them all! I am so in love with this. It moisturizes so well!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by biogrrl

Eh, update:

It's a very true almond fragrance to me- not too sweet & not too bitter, which is great.

I loved the ingredient list (lots of oils & shea butter). I picked mine up at Whole Foods for $8.99.

Sinks into the skin but moisture doesn't last. Feels a bit waxy after awhile.

I've moved on to the Alba Botanica max moisturizer with AHA. Much better moisture retention.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by fernd1

I like that the lotion isn't tested on animals, has a lot of organic ingredients, and comes in a large size. Unfortunately, I found the smell to be incredibly overpowering and sickly sweet. I couldn't use it more than once, and had trouble removing the smell from my hands even with repeated washings.