September 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm torn, I have this in two colors, Crystal Pink and Tiramisu. I love them both, they wear like something between a gloss and a stick. But my problem is, BOTH of them soften up to the point of loosening from the base, and tilting in the tube so that every time I twist them up/down, they drag along the inside, making a messy, wasteful product. Ugh! I'm kind of anal about keeping my stash in great condition, so these kind of piss me off. Lol. I said I'd purchase again, but frankly I'll never run out because I get irritated every time I open one of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I have this is beige shimmer.It 's a medium pinky brown,too dark to be classed as a nude, with a subltle sheen.Very flattering , it's not what I would call shimmer.This is a lovely textured lipstick, it's moisturising without being greasy or bleeding into fine lines.It's formula is such that is has a slightly plumping effect. .Good lasting power. I got this as a GWP, and at first I thought this would be too dark for me. But it's actually a nice change from my usual pale pinks.I'm NW 15 and this suits my skin tone fine.If this is an example of the quality of all the pure colour lipsticks I'm definitely going to check out other colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by KateLausanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick doesn't made to stay on your lips. At least it doesn't stay on min. After 0.5-1 hour of wearing (without eating!) I don't have any trace of this product on my lips. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Parioftroy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have two of these lipsticks in the exact same color, Barely Nude, and absolutely love them. The packaging looks different from the pictures on MUA, but it may be because I got them as part of a gift set. The staying power is great and the color is gorgeous. I'd say it goes on a little too dark to be considered a "nude", so I don't suggest pairing it with a smokey eye. It's great for an every day look, but the only complaint I have is the lipstick itself because it loosened at the base after a few uses and now moves from side to side when I put it on. This happened with both of the lipsticks I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best quality longwear lipstick! They last soo long that when you look in the mirror hours after applying, after eating and drinking - you just think WOW I still have lipstick on! I can even use them over dry lips - it still looks amazing. I love the staying power, comfortable wear and cute colour. I got so many compliments wearing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Shiva13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought the LE in Bitten Fig. Amazing colour and texture! This is a medium-dark, satiny, cool red bordering on fuchsia and without shimmer. Suitable for daytime, but also perfect for night. But I'd recommend this colour only to cool and probably olive complexions, since this shade might be too cool for peachy-warm complexions.

I belong to a small minority who actually like the smell of EL lipsticks. This is my nr. 1 brand and I'm replacing my old lipstick classics with shades from this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These lipsticks are of the best quality. They last for four to five hours on the lips, but are SO moisturizing for a longwear lipstick. Usually, I have to moisturize or take off my lipstick to reapply, but with these I just swipe it over dry lips and it looks fine, feels comfortable. I adore these for the staying power, comfortable wear and addicting sweet scent. It feels so luxurious.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by crcampeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the color of these lipsticks and actually like smell. I have it in tea rose and fig and both are highly pigmented and moisturizing on my lips. They apply very smoothly and evenly. I donít find them long lasting and they feather easily but my major qualm with these are they are too soft. Both of them broke at the base after about 5 uses and I needed to put them both in pots in order to use, at $24 I donít think that, that should happen. Wonít repurchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

Pure Color is the creamiest, most comfortable lipstick I've ever worn. These full coverage lipsticks do not dry out my lips. There is a wide variety of shades so most gals can find something flattering to their skin tone. I'm partial to pinks, among my favorites are Candy (Med. Pink), Pink Parfait (Lt. Pink), and Rubellite (Dk. Pink). If you're looking for something a bit more sheer, try the Pure Color Crystal line.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by TheCat7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing lipstick!
I got this in shade number 344, called Berry Truffle, which really is the correct name for this berrylicious lipstick! The colour looks very dark at first, but once on, it is just beautiful. A dark, plum colour, very deep and dimensional, in way. It also has a bit of shimmer or sparkle to it. Just a bit, though, nothing over the top.
I love the scent, like a berry scent.
This colour is very buildable. Often I like to just tab it on my lips, rather the apply it like you would usually with lipstick, because then the colour becomes too dark for every day use. Also, applying this with a lipstick brush is ideal, gives a very natural, flawless look.
So this way, you could use this lipstick at night or day, depending on how deep you want it.
I usually use lip primer under this lipstick, that is not necessary, but it does change the colour a bit.
This lipstick is rather long-wear, and is really beautiful with a coat of peach coloured lip gloss on top.
I love the packaging, too. Very beautiful.
Overall, this is a great lipstick, good for both day and night since you can control the intensity very easily. Nice scent, very subtle, though. Long-wear.
P.S. I don't know why the photos look so strange, but at least you can see the packaging! This is NOT the real look of the lipstick color!