Elizabeth Arden Danielle by Danielle Steel

3.2

On my skin I can smell the musk, the white florals and a sweet orange tinted rose. It isn't bad at all, but, it's not original. It's basically a sweeter white floral than many on the market.

I like this one, I don't love it and I wouldn't repurchase it if I run out.

The sillage isn't very good and the lasting power is VERY fleeting. It only lasts on my skin meer minutes before it disappears all together.

on 5/8/2012 4:25:00 PM

Try and forget for one minute the name behind this fragrance. Try and forget about the hideous books written by this name. If you can do that you just might actually enjoy this fragrance. I remember trying it when it first came out but it never jumped out at me but i saw it a few weeks ago cheap and i bought it. I LOVE the bottle. It is a huge chunk of square glass that fits nicely in your hands. This is a nice little perfume. As other reviewers have said it does have a wine type feel to it. Not a cheap, wino type wine but a nice mellow aged Chardonnay. The type of wine that would be served in an old plantation home that was converted into a fine dining establishment. It is very long lasting and provides awesome sillage. Also, it smells like there may be tiny little lemon drops in the fragrance as well. At least it smells like baby lemons to me. It may be a tad bit masculine but not to manish and the bottle would look at home on any dudes nightstand. It starts to reveal veitiver and some musk the longer it sits on your skin too. After about 9 or 10 hours on the skin, (yes, it stays on that long) it takes on a freshly mowed grass quality which is striking. This fragrance morphs the longer it stays on the skin and i really appriciate that. Danielle is one of the better fragrances i have tried of late and have become really excited about. Remember, if you can bring yourself to forget about the hideousness of the name behind the fragrance you just might find a nice little perfume for yourself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Again, I scored this 3.4 oz. perfume from a consignment shop for $10. I cannot say how much it would cost originally, but fragrancenet.com would have the price.
I LOVE THE SCENT. It kicks that old "women should wear flowery perfume" idea outta the market! It smells like fresh pines with faint flowers and pairs greatly with an orange lotion!
The scent is strong and semi-long lasting. I'd say it dies after 5-6 hours.
I love this perfume and hope it never will never be discontinued!

on 10/7/2010 6:04:00 AM

If fermented wine and black licorice twizzler would have a baby that would be it.I just can't stand it ...I gave it 2 stars since the staying power is either awesome or I just couldn't wash it off .

on 4/25/2010 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a very pretty floral perfume that's not too strong or light. I got the large bottle at TJ Max yesterday for $16. I am very pleased with it.

on 12/31/2009 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I really like this scent. I got it at Marshalls for a really good price so I thought I'd buy it without even trying it out first. I get compliments on it all the time and I wear it a lot. My teenage daughter even uses it. I like it since it's not too strong or too flowery, it's just a nice every day scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a woody green fragrance that smells synthetic. I think it would smell nice on the right person so it's not a total stinker. I see this on a 36+ woman.

on 3/16/2009 9:03:00 PM

I do not like Danielle fragrance! I bought it 2x and tried it out both times and returned it each time. It smells synthetic and it does smell like wine and it doesn't have lasting power, the bottle is a big clunky mess and the packaging is so 1980's lace! Danielle needs to stick with her romance novels and leave the perfume business to other celebrities because this is crap in a big clunk a junk bottle what she thought this would be a classic?

on 11/25/2008 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Doesn't smell cheap at all to me. Must be some of ya'll's body chemistry. Anyway, it has a soft, wine like smell to it that is so feminine. I love it.

on 10/13/2008 5:00:00 PM

Tried this after reading some of the good reviews here on MUA. Loved it!! Seems to be a nice scent for "older" i.e. 30's+ ladies. Reminds me of Ultima II's Maroc from the 80's only lighter. Took off 1 lippie 'cause I don't like the clunky top/cap at all. Will definitely repurchase.

Popular Fragrances