Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter -- Love Spell

4.2

on 9/29/2014 9:56:00 AM

Maybe I got a dud but the consistency of this stuff was gross and weird. Not words I typically use. I have used this before and it was fine but this time around the consistency is like lithium grease that my dad used to use to grease car axles. I even stirred it to try to make it more of a whipped consistencybut no can do. If I would buy this again I would open it up and check before purchasing. The smell is fine but the consistency is a real turn off

on 9/21/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I went into vicky's and got the 5 for 30 deal in a bunch of different scents. However when I got home i realized how much I would enjoy love spell in a body butter and went back to purchase it. I recently have fallen in love with the scent since it smells very clean and sweet on me. The body butter does not disappoint. The smell is more subtle than I would have thought it would be but thats perfectly fine with me since I like to layer different scents anyway. I dont understand how some people say it's not for people with dry skin because I have dry skin and this body butter works better than my regular lotion. its incredible. I love how thick and creamy it is and it leaves you smelling like your favorite victoria secret scent. One thing i did notice however, is that on me, the butter smells slightly different than the spray. It smells wonderful though, as if it had a touch less tart and a vanilla hint. Either way love it!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my third tub of this scent alone. I love the body butters from VS. They are perfectly creamy and soak right into my skin. I have never had any trouble with this irritating my skin o leaving my skin dry. I love this scent. It is fruity, flirty, and very girly. The scent is strong enough to notice, but not overpowering. I even like the packaging on this. I usually do not like packaging where I have to dip my fingers in. I find with this though it actually helps so I can easily get all of the butter out without having to cut it open. This is a great body butter and I will continue to purchase.

on 12/21/2011 11:38:00 AM

I went to VS for a bra and came out with a bra and a bag full of VS body products. :p I typically ignore their body line, but I was curious and started smelling different fragrances, and I had to admit that they smelled really good.

It seems that Love Spell is a very popular scent, and I can see why. It smells so tangy and juicy and is a lot of fun to indulge in during and after a shower.

I like the consistency and lavender color of the body butter, since it's a little firm and heavy, but it rubs in quickly and isn't greasy. I can still smell it on my skin the next morning, and my skin doesn't feel itchy and dry after application. I'm not a teenager anymore, and I typically wear good perfumes, but this fragrance makes me feel good, ubiquitous and cheap as it may be. :)

The only complaint I may have is that the balm leaves my hands feeling a bit dry and slippery, which I have found to be the case with some other moisturizers. But I bought the balm during a buy 10 for $40 sale, so I can't complain too much.

on 11/18/2011 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My Favorite body butter from the Victoria's Secret scent line. I prefer this over the lotion because of it's thick, creamy consistency. It absorbs into my skin quickly and leaves me smelling like "love spell" all day. The scent isn't as noticeable as the body spray. It also leaves my clothes smelling clean. Some may not like that it requires you to dip your hands in the container, but I don't mind. I always apply with clean hands, so sanitation isn't a problem. I will continue to buy this lovely body butter.

on 9/20/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I definitely love VS lotions, cream, body butter. My skin always feels so soft. My husband loves the way my skin feels because VS always has such good lotions that produce great results. I especially love when they're on sale for 3/$27. You can't go wrong once you find your favorite scent. Love Spell is one of my favorites.

on 3/27/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my signature scent from VS. I've tried other products, but always find myself going back to this. Love!

on 3/27/2011 5:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really like this product. It smells very sweet, like a floral Hawaiian punch scent. The coolest thing about this is the texture. It's just like real whipped butter that you eat. It goes on so silky smooth. It's not super moisturizing. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin. Just normal skin. Not greasy at all. It sinks right in.

on 8/2/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love VS oh so much so I want to say I love this product and I do but every tub I have gotten (5 now in different scents) has separated or something weird like that. & I don't mean I kept it forever and then it separated I mean in about a month.

I will say when it was still good it was a dream, very moisturizing & smells amazing, I just make sure I use them everyday now so use the product up fast = )

on 8/1/2010 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff does miracles. I love the smell and the feeling of my skin after I use this product. It doesn't feel oily and the scent isn't overpowering. It can be pricey if you're on a budget, but Victoria Secret has great deals when it comes to perfumes and lotions. I'd easily keep buying this.