MAC Fleshpot

3.8

I've never bought this. But i tried it on at my MAC store and my boyfriend asked me where my lips went. I am an NC20 in the studio fix (which sucks!) and it completely bleeped out my lips! Has a strong pink undertone, very pigmented. I would TOTALLY wear this with a darker lip liner underneath or a darker, sheer lip gloss over top.

on 4/19/2015 7:14:00 PM

This is too light for me and if I wear it full on, it literally looks like white paste and I'm very fair . If I sheer it out and top it with a nude lipgloss it looks ok but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am extremely fair (the lightest shade in most foundations does not match me) and this is the only lipstick that is a true nude on me. I own lots of nude lipsticks, but this one, by far, is the palest. I love that it doesn't have a peach or brown undertone and has more of a pink undertone, which is hard to find. I love this lipstick on its own as well as layered over other lipsticks to lighten them.

on 3/10/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another great MAC nude! My favorite MAC lipsticks are their nudes like myth, hue, hug me, blankety, taupe, creme d'nude, freckletone, angel, VG V, gaga 2, faux, velvet teddy, brave, et al. a few of my faves but I love their pale nudes best like Myth. Fleshpot is close to my own lip color, indeed it is pale. I use NYX lip primer under it. It looks like Kim K kinda lips sorda. I like this with a heavy smokey eye (black/grey e/s & black eyeliner, black mascara). It's not too pink, but a tad pinker than Myth.

on 12/15/2014 4:49:00 PM

Very natural pinky nude. Perfect for cooler skin tones

on 9/13/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the best nude lipstick for light skin. I was trying on Myth but I don't like the brown undertone. Fleshpot has that nice pink undertone and it looks more natural, not so concealer-y. It looks great just applied once or more times, with or without a gloss. Love it!
It is easy to apply, it does not feel so drying and works well with Smashbox Nude lip liner in Fair.

I've been wanting this for a while so I finally bought it I have a few other nudes from MAC I have honeylove, myth, viva glam II, and peachstock and by far this is my favorite I liked myth alot until I bought fleshpot and I find fleshpot much easier to wear I don't need a lipliner with this as I do with myth and this has a more pink tone and the texture of it is smooth like peachstock. I would repurchase and I think this is a perfect nude which nudes can be complicated because they sometimes need liners and gloss I prefer one I can just put on not all the extra stuff with it. 10 out of 10 for this lipstick fleshpot.

on 10/14/2013 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The nudest nude so far! I'm very fair, so it's hard to find a true nude that isn't too dark for my skin. So far, this is the lightest I've found. You can even put mac's lip erase on under it for ultra light lips.

on 8/23/2013 11:38:00 AM

This is a pro lipstick, only available in one store in my country, but also online.
I have blankety, creme d'nude and myth. Myth is very difficult to wear, very drying and very pale.
Fleshpot is better for me, it's a pink nude, while Myth is a peach nude. On my lips Fleshpot looks like a really really pale pink. I love it. I wear subculture lippencil with it and it looks great. Too bad it's a satin, sooooo drying!!!

on 7/5/2013 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have the Heatherette version of Fleshpot, very cute pink tube. It was a Pro Lipstick before that, not sure if it still is.

The lipstick itself is almost like a concealer for the lips. I have very fair skin (NW10) and Fleshpot is nearly the same color as my skin! It's the color of pale skin with a slightly pink undertone. Because of this, it works great for creating a nearly invisible lip to go with a bold eye. Otherwise, I have to darken this lipstick up with a neutral lip liner. It's not an everyday lipstick, unless everyday you're going heavy with the eye makeup and you want an invisible lip. It has a satin finish, but is very densely pigmented.

The thing that sets Fleshpot apart is the cool pink undertone. However, I think both Cream d'Nude and Myth are both more wearable colors for most people.

Recommended for Medium Skin